Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's nice for a change
Right now our city of Norwood, which is an enclave of Cincinnati, is a joke. Now I've never given much credence to party politics in local elections, especially in a city the size of Norwood which is 19,000. There's just really nowhere for the big picture party ideals to fit in.

Anyway I've never paid much attention to the local stuff, but it's pretty bad here so now I am, and it's fun not caring about anything other than the best person for the job. We have a D an R and an I, and it doesn't matter a bit to me. We have no incumbent running so it's wide open.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-14-2019, 09:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Right now our city of Norwood, which is an enclave of Cincinnati, is a joke.  Now I've never given much credence to party politics in local elections, especially in a city the size of Norwood which is 19,000.  There's just really nowhere for the big picture party ideals to fit in.  

Anyway I've never paid much attention to the local stuff, but it's pretty bad here so now I am, and it's fun not caring about anything other than the best person for the job.  We have a D an R and an I, and it doesn't matter a bit to me.  We have no incumbent running so it's wide open.

Er . . . what job?
(08-14-2019, 09:23 AM)Dill Wrote: Er . . . what job?

Mayor.  Along with city council.  I'm just enjoying not taking party into account whatsoever.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-14-2019, 09:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Right now our city of Norwood, which is an enclave of Cincinnati, is a joke.  Now I've never given much credence to party politics in local elections, especially in a city the size of Norwood which is 19,000.  There's just really nowhere for the big picture party ideals to fit in.  

Anyway I've never paid much attention to the local stuff, but it's pretty bad here so now I am, and it's fun not caring about anything other than the best person for the job.  We have a D an R and an I, and it doesn't matter a bit to me.  We have no incumbent running so it's wide open.

Despite my presence (limited as it is  Ninja) here that's pretty much what I do too.

I watch the local races and events closer and I vote for the best person regardless of party.  Always have.  It's really the only way to change things...by starting as close to home as possible.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.