Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's no longer conspiracy - Bengals organization themselves feel disrespected by NFL
We have speculated for years, as fans, that the NFL has had "bias" against the Bengals. From calls on the field, rules off the field, suspensions, etc.

It always seemed like the Bengals organization got the short end of the stick. Nothing ever favored them.

Zach Taylor speaking in his press conference was confirmation of this. He was speaking on behalf of the entire organization today.

This is a much bigger deal than losing out on hosting a playoff game. This goes deeper. This just goes to show how bias and unfair the NFL is as a whole, especially to certain organizations. In no point in time has the Bengals organization EVER come out and publicly criticized the NFL for bias against them. This is confirmation that the NFL is against the Bengals.

Zac Taylor on an issue with the league's proposal: "We have the opportunity to play for a coin flip that will only negatively impact us. We don't have the opportunity to play for a coin flip that will positively impact us."

"Let's just follow the rules."

Zac Taylor said the memo that Katie Blackburn sent out was "awesome because they have the team's back. Someone has to fight for you. It's clearly not coming from the league."
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Zac was as blunt as I've ever heard him, and he's right. 
Reply/Quote
It's incredibly blunt for the Head Coach to basically say 'the League doesn't care for us'. That does suggest some past history on this to me too.

How wonderful is it going to be to watch Goddell have to hand the Lombardi over the Zac Taylor.
Reply/Quote
Props to Zac, I respect he articulated his thoughts about the situation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: We have speculated for years, as fans, that the NFL has had "bias" against the Bengals. From calls on the field, rules off the field, suspensions, etc.

It always seemed like the Bengals organization got the short end of the stick. Nothing ever favored them.

Zach Taylor speaking in his press conference was confirmation of this. He was speaking on behalf of the entire organization today.

This is a much bigger deal than losing out on hosting a playoff game. This goes deeper. This just goes to show how bias and unfair the NFL is as a whole, especially to certain organizations. In no point in time has the Bengals organization EVER come out and publicly criticized the NFL for bias against them. This is confirmation that the NFL is against the Bengals.

Zac Taylor on an issue with the league's proposal: "We have the opportunity to play for a coin flip that will only negatively impact us. We don't have the opportunity to play for a coin flip that will positively impact us."

"Let's just follow the rules."

Zac Taylor said the memo that Katie Blackburn sent out was "awesome because they have the team's back. Someone has to fight for you. It's clearly not coming from the league."

Fantastic. I didn't think anyone would have the courage to speak out. First Blackburn, then Mixon, now Zac. Someone should detail the many points of how this is unfair, but Zac's comment was succinct and to the point and "let's just follow the rules."
Reply/Quote
If crazy stuff happens and we have a 3 way tie and end up mathematically the top seed, wouldn’t this mess up our draft pick too? Like if the right teams lose couldn’t we theoretically get the 31st or 32nd pick in the draft and not get a home playoff game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Mike must have zero friends among fellow owners to effectuate change in favor of the organization. Bengals get butchered when it comes to this sort of manner.
Reply/Quote
My respect only grows for this bunch.
Reply/Quote
NFL wants the 2 love child’s, KC and Buffalo, to play for the AFC championship. That’s why they screwed the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Handled Monday perfectly and then coming out swinging at the cheating bastards in New York.

This has cemented him for me regardless of some questionable decisions on the field.

Zac Taylor is a leader of men and I wouldn’t have anyone else in charge of the team.
Reply/Quote
He basically summed up the entire situation with a very reasonable take, IMO:

"When we point out the rules and you’re told, we’re going to change that, I don’t want to hear about fair and equitable when that’s the case."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:30 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: NFL wants the 2 love child’s, KC and Buffalo, to play for the AFC championship.  That’s why they screwed the Bengals.

I think this is a simple truth. It's all about the storyline, the $$$, and the such. Even Joey B's talent and being a cool ass dude can't overcome small-town Cincinnati, historically bad franchise Bengals, and the Brown-stigma for getting the NFL's attention.

Go kick ass on the field and win it all, Burrow.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals just should not play Sunday against the Ravens. The reason is two-fold, distraught from the episode from Monday Night and upset about the rulings going forward into the playoffs. Imagine how emotionally unstable they can say they are. The NFL can then rule the game against the Ravens a no-contest and the Bengals can move into the first round of the playoffs without the worry of going on the road the whole playoffs!!

Just don't play Sunday!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:31 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Handled Monday perfectly and then coming out swinging at the cheating bastards in New York.

This has cemented him for me regardless of some questionable decisions on the field.

Zac Taylor is a leader of men and I wouldn’t have anyone else in charge of the team.

I've been way down on him before.  The dude is legit!  Props to him!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:27 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Mike must have zero friends among fellow owners to effectuate change in favor of the organization. Bengals get butchered when it comes to this sort of manner.

That or most of the teams these changes don’t affect, and they don’t want to look bad by seeming insensitive. Bengals are already being treated as the bad guys now because of their response. Apparently 2-3 other teams voted no and several abstained, so I’m curious as to who those were.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:41 PM)mhbsavant Wrote: The Bengals just should not play Sunday against the Ravens. The reason is two-fold, distraught from the episode from Monday Night and upset about the rulings going forward into the playoffs. Imagine how emotionally unstable they can say they are. The NFL can then rule the game against the Ravens a no-contest and the Bengals can move into the first round of the playoffs without the worry of going on the road the whole playoffs!!

Just don't play Sunday!

I’d rather them play and hang 50 on them.
Reply/Quote
The team works all year and then the NFL front office changes the rules. And makes total inconsistent rules that favor some teams and penalizes others.

I'm so glad that Zac Taylor had the balls to speak out. Someone has to advocate for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:30 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: NFL wants the 2 love child’s, KC and Buffalo, to play for the AFC championship.  That’s why they screwed the Bengals.

It's probably more Bischotti cashing in his chips with the other owners over hardlining Lamar over a fully guaranteed deal.
Reply/Quote
I am usually the guy when people say "I am going to sue!" I laugh and say good luck, but this does create an interesting situation. I wonder if someone holding a "Bengals to win the Super Bowl" ticket from before this change was made has a claim against the league. They have standing as they can argue the change inherently diminishes their chances of winning. They have an argument that league had rules in place for such a situations but instead chose to modify those changes arbitrarily.

Kind of interesting. Probably still wouldn't win because the NFL is a juggernaut but I wonder if you venue shopped it if you could potentially get an emergency injunction forcing them to use their previously stated rules. I think you could argue the timing of them cancelling the game THEN changing the rules created a situation that was one modifying the competitive balance. I bet season ticket holders could also make a claim if the Bengals end up losing the home field game that they are monetarily damaged.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:27 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Mike must have zero friends among fellow owners to effectuate change in favor of the organization. Bengals get butchered when it comes to this sort of manner.

Time to leave a trail of blood and fire to Glendale, Arizona...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote