Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's no longer conspiracy - Bengals organization themselves feel disrespected by NFL
(01-06-2023, 03:51 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Time to leave a trail of blood and fire to Glendale, Arizona...

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ji5yrekn2wgp2nm738w...w.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’d rather them play and hang 50 on them.

Not only that. I want them to try to get away with shit. DBs grabbing their WRs, our OLmen clearly holding the DL, our WRs clearly pushing off, late hits on players out of bounds, late hits on the QB. All kinds of stuff. Just begging to be flagged a bunch. If the NFL tries to fine them after the game, respond with, "Nah, we ain't paying any fines. You don't follow the rules, so why should we?'
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
They need to vent their frustrations on the field. No blatant hits on players or anything, but blowing teams out and leaving them in the dust moving forward might prove a point.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: Fantastic. I didn't think anyone would have the courage to speak out. First Blackburn, then Mixon, now Zac. Someone should detail the many points of how this is unfair, but Zac's comment was succinct and to the point and "let's just follow the rules."

According to those around him, Zac is very straightforward and blunt. He just knows how to do it diplomatically. I sense a little less diplomacy in his thoughts on this. It's great to see.

To the OP, I think you're right. We've suspected all along, but this cements it. Poor Mikey would have just accepted it and moved on, but the new generation has spoken, and they say enough's enough. Good for them. Now let's run this mfer down their effin throats and yank that Lombardi out of Roger Rooney's impish hands! Who ****in' Dey!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:50 PM)Nepa Wrote: The team works all year and then the NFL front office changes the rules. And makes total inconsistent rules that favor some teams and penalizes others.

I'm so glad that Zac Taylor had the balls to speak out. Someone has to advocate for the Bengals.

Well, Katie did first before the vote, to be fair.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am usually the guy when people say "I am going to sue!" I laugh and say good luck, but this does create an interesting situation. I wonder if someone holding a "Bengals to win the Super Bowl" ticket from before this change was made has a claim against the league. They have standing as they can argue the change inherently diminishes their chances of winning. They have an argument that league had rules in place for such a situations but instead chose to modify those changes arbitrarily.

Kind of interesting. Probably still wouldn't win because the NFL is a juggernaut but I wonder if you venue shopped it if you could potentially get an emergency injunction forcing them to use their previously stated rules. I think you could argue the timing of them cancelling the game THEN changing the rules created a situation that was one modifying the competitive balance. I bet season ticket holders could also make a claim if the Bengals end up losing the home field game that they are monetarily damaged.

It's not the Bengals that should sue, it is the City of Cincinnati that is suffering damages in lost tax revenue. THEY should be at the courthouse filing right now.... and we probably need to set up a go fund me page for the fine coming Zac's way....
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not the Bengals that should sue, it is the City of Cincinnati that is suffering damages in lost tax revenue. THEY should be at the courthouse filing right now.... and we probably need to set up a go fund me page for the fine coming Zac's way....

I'm not saying the Bengals should, my argument is actually that the fans may have standing. The more I think about it the season ticket holders may actually have a decent case if the home game does not occur even thought it was earned.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:54 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They need to vent their frustrations on the field. No blatant hits on players or anything, but blowing teams out and leaving them in the dust moving forward might prove a point.

I want the Bengals to go all "silent Spider-Man" on every opponent they face the rest of the year even if it's the Bills, ESPECIALLY if it's the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not the Bengals that should sue, it is the City of Cincinnati that is suffering damages in lost tax revenue. THEY should be at the courthouse filing right now.... and we probably need to set up a go fund me page for the fine coming Zac's way....

Sign me up, and have it delivered in pennies. Tying into your NASCAR comparison earlier.....Rusty Wallace once paid a fine to NASCAR in pennies. Rolled up to their office with a wheelbarrow full of em.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, Katie did first before the vote, to be fair.

yes, Katie did and Mixon did. I mentioned that earlier. I'm proud of them all for speaking out. Just didn't know how to state "has the balls to speak out" when speaking about Katie.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: yes, Katie did and Mixon did. I mentioned that earlier. I'm proud of them all for speaking out. Just didn't know how to state "has the balls to speak out" when speaking about Katie.

LMAO

Maybe the ovaries? Ninja

Reply/Quote
If Buffalo doesn't forfeit the game we are now enemies. Cincinnati saved your players life ffs

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:20 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It's incredibly blunt for the Head Coach to basically say 'the League doesn't care for us'. That does suggest some past history on this to me too.

How wonderful is it going to be to watch Goddell have to hand the Lombardi over the Zac Taylor.

The only thing that would be better would be if someone shouts near an open mic, "how much does it suck for you to have to hand that to us??!!".

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm not saying the Bengals should, my argument is actually that the fans may have standing. The more I think about it the season ticket holders may actually have a decent case if the home game does not occur even thought it was earned.

I think it would get kicked out due to the fact season ticket holders did not pay for those tickets yet, hence they have suffered no financial harm. The city can claim damages from lost tax revenue from players salaries, hotel taxes, food taxes, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only thing that would be better would be if someone shouts near an open mic, "how much does it suck for you to have to hand that to us??!!".

I'll demand we hand the Lombardi back if Joe Burrow isn't on the mic singing 'WHO DEY think gunna beat them Bengals? Noooooootttttt the NFL!'
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’d rather them play and hang 50 on them.

Yep. Then have the AFCN hats and shirts come out on the field and after that head to the locker room for cigars. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Anybody see the movie "Lawless", where the head gangster slams his underling in the back of the head with a shovel and declares, "The last thing I need is a bunch of hard ass crackers pulling a blood feud on me!!!" Yeah, that needs to be Goodell..... JoeyB and the boys are about to go on a blood feud with the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only thing that would be better would be if someone shouts near an open mic, "how much does it suck for you to have to hand that to us??!!".

Goodell is trying to hand the Lombardi trophy to Zac and Zac just stares at him with his arms crossed.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 04:05 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If Buffalo doesn't forfeit the game we are now enemies. Cincinnati saved your players life ffs

They will never do this. When Hamlin went down the Bills' staff and players expected us to act honorably and help them, but now the dust has settle and getting the best seed they can get is their biggest goal. There's a good chance these two teams face each other in the divisional round, probably at Buffalo. I can't wait to see how the Bills' owner and staff will proceed, there will be a lot of talk about playing that game in a neutral stadium. If they really care about us and what the Bengals organization did to them then they should show some respect and dignity and forfeit the home field advantage. Life is not supposed to be fair anyway... the good guys, the ones trying to help people end up getting screwed sometimes.
Reply/Quote
Oh yeah - blood and fire.
Reply/Quote