Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's official: Lou is our guy
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1098656475214503936

Reply/Quote
now onto the rest of the open positions

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Okay, what’s next list on the things to panic about?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Okay, what’s next list on the things to panic about?

....need to hit a homerun with the LB coach, IMO.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So they called him in to interview him and announced he was hired on the same day? Seems thorough.
Reply/Quote
Just like with Teryl Austin, this gets a giant "meh" from me.

That said, just like with Austin, I'll give Anarumo a shot. We'll see.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So they called him in to interview him and announced he was hired on the same day? Seems thorough.

they probably did a lot of pre work on skype.  We also don't know if someone went to him to interview.  Maybe the actual delay in the "interview" process was waiting for his agent to be available to finalize negotiations.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just like with Teryl Austin, this gets a giant "meh" from me.

That said, just like with Austin, I'll give Anarumo a shot. We'll see.

Same. I'm whelmed
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Coming up in this thread: people who spent the last few weeks complaining about the Bengals not having a DC, complaining about the Bengals hiring a DC.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Coming up in this thread: people who spent the last few weeks complaining about the Bengals not having a DC, complaining about the Bengals hiring a DC.

This hire is the definition of settling.

People weren't complaining because the position wasn't filled. They were complaining because there appeared to not be a plan.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So they called him in to interview him and announced he was hired on the same day? Seems thorough.

When you're the only person remaining and the Combine is just a week away, the decision can be made pretty quick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Coming up in this thread: people who spent the last few weeks complaining about the Bengals not having a DC, complaining about the Bengals hiring a DC.

Hilarious

Seriously, don't see much complaining, just questioning the depth and quality of experience. I'm sure he'll do fine. Heck, with 16yrs of Marvin, we all could use a little mystery.

Reply/Quote

Whining about whining always stops the whining.  Whatever

Seriously though, if people are so wrong about Anarumo, why don't you tell us why? 

I think people only whine about whining when they know there is truth to the whining that they really can't debate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When you're the only person remaining and the Combine is just a week away, the decision can be made pretty quick.

This.  It seems Taylor has gone down a list, and landed here.  He obviously likes the guy a bit, or he wouldn't have been a candidate.  So, I'd surmise that when Cpt. Lou said he'd be in, it all came down to money.  The man got a taste of being a DC for a while, you know he wanted another crack at it.  If nothing else, they guys have a lot to prove.  Should be interesting.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This hire is the definition of settling.

People weren't complaining because the position wasn't filled. They were complaining because there appeared to not be a plan.

Anybody they would've hired would have been called them settling... not sure what people were expecting at this point, and the vast majority of us have no real idea about this guy's coaching ability one way or the other.

Plus ZT and this guy knew each other, so it's not like the interview process needs to involve them getting to know one another.
Reply/Quote
history has shown DC's with Italian surnames do well
in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Seriously though, if people are so wrong about Anarumo, why don't you tell us why? 

Because most of us have no idea if this guy is a good coach or not, and we're just going to pretend that because we've never hear of him he must be bad?
Reply/Quote
His prior stint as interim DC suggested he might be decent. We won’t know until actual play as this time he gets to design the scheme (and supposedly a strength of his is scheming to fit the players).

I think it looks more and more like we will be prioritizing LB and OL in draft and hopefully Free Agency.
Reply/Quote
From Jack Del Rio to this guy that was last a full time DC running his own Defense (not counting interim stint with Dolphins) in 1994. Hard to see any reason to think this will turn out well. Our defense was one of the worst in the league so let's just settle for an unproven guy that seems mediocre at best in general and hope it turns well....yikes.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 04:24 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: From Jack Del Rio to this guy that was last a full time DC running his own Defense (not counting interim stint with Dolphins) in 1994. Hard to see any reason to think this will turn out well. Our defense was one of the worst in the league so let's just settle for an unproven guy that seems mediocre at best in general and hope it turns well....yikes.

There were a lot of people really excited about them hiring a name coach in Austin last year (though noone will actually own up it) and that went over about as well as a wet fart during the season, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Reply/Quote