Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's pretty nice
That we were on the givieng end of a Mike White and TJ Yates game.

I wonder if Jax thinks they never do well against backups.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ???

It's nice that we had a backup QB greatly exceed expectations and light a team up.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ???

Truck, you should get this.

TJ Yates came into Cincy and beat us.

Mike White beat us last year.

It seems we never beat the backup and we don't have a backup that ever wins anything for us - although McCarron was decent a few years back.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:45 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Truck, you should get this.

It seems we never beat the backup and we don't have a backup that ever wins anything for us - although McCarron was decent a few years back.

I see, it was worded weirdly, I get it now indeed, my error.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess the sky isn’t falling this morning.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:45 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Truck, you should get this.

My, how quickly people forget... Ryan Finley (and now Jake Browning)

[Image: mDaimVa.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[quote='Tomkat' pid='1431637' dateline='1701790083']

[/quote

True but Browning was a stud last night and Finley did nothing vs Pittsburgh except manage the game. Did he even break 100 yards passing in that game?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:33 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: That we were on the givieng end of a Mike White and TJ Yates game.

I wonder if Jax thinks they never do well against backups.

I think Jaguars fans may consider this closer to our 2005 and 2015 "what coulda been" years than the backup QB woes era.  Depends on how bad TL's ankle is and if they can coast and get him back for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:50 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I see, it was worded weirdly, I get it now indeed, my error.

It's weird because the OP didnt make a troll post bashing the team or coaches in some way.  Caught you off guard.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:42 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's nice that we had a backup QB greatly exceed expectations and light a team up.

If you watched Browning much in preseason, it was obvious that the potential was there.  He was a baller in college, up until his injury.  Seems like his brain is still working fine and his shoulder seems to have adapted well enough.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:32 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: [quote='Tomkat' pid='1431637' dateline='1701790083']

[/quote

True but Browning was a stud last night and Finley did nothing vs Pittsburgh except manage the game. Did he even break 100 yards passing in that game?

I agree.I think Browning is a totally different Breed of Quarterback than Finley.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you watched Browning much in preseason, it was obvious that the potential was there.  He was a baller in college, up until his injury.  Seems like his brain is still working fine and his shoulder seems to have adapted well enough.

I was right there all of August, and i'm telling you there was nothing that indicated that Browning could have the type of game he had last night. 

The backup Qbs were shit in the preseason. Browning played well enough to take Trevor Simean's spot, but I don't think beating out Simean shows potential to perform as well as he did.
Reply/Quote
Ryan Finley is in my top 10 QBs of all time just because of the Pittsburgh smile.
Reply/Quote