Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that time of year
It's that time of year again when we bust out the Christmas movies and watch them over and over again until we can take NO MORE!

I only have one of those movies I will watch over and over again while all the others will get watched only one time when it's on tv. That one movie I watch or read is A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and get this, I have three different versions of it that I will watch at least two times each.

The one I will watch the most is the one with Patrick Stewart playing Scrooge.
Next one is the one with Reginald Owen playing Scrooge.
The third is the one with George C. Scott playing Scrooge.

Patrick Stewart in my opinion plays Scrooge the best.
George C. Scott I believe has the best voice and mannerisms.
Reginald Owen is just fun.

The one I avoid like the plague though is the musical where Albert Finney plays Scrooge, I believe it was Albert Finney. Although, the one with Albert Finney has Scrooge going to hell which isn't in any of the others.

I will also read the book as well...I know, I'm crazy.

Anyway, what is that one movie you will watch over and over or story you have to read during this time of year? 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:54 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: It's that time of year again when we bust out the Christmas movies and watch them over and over again until we can take NO MORE!

I only have one of those movies I will watch over and over again while all the others will get watched only one time when it's on tv. That one movie I watch or read is A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and get this, I have three different versions of it that I will watch at least two times each.

The one I avoid like the plague though is the musical where Albert Finney plays Scrooge, I believe it was Albert Finney. Although, the one with Albert Finney has Scrooge going to hell which isn't in any of the others.

Anyway, what is that one movie you will watch over and over or story you have to read during this time of year? 

What about "Scrooged" With Bill Murray?
Or a Muppets Christmas Carol....

P Steward  is pretty solid in about everything.. His was also enjoyable.

My Christmas movies.

Die Hard 1 or 2 but mostly 1
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Scrooged
Germlins
Bad Santa
Jingle all the Way
Nightmare before Christmas

But I don't think I binge watch anything for Christmas. if anything its Christmas Vacation but just cause its on TV
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:54 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: It's that time of year again when we bust out the Christmas movies and watch them over and over again until we can take NO MORE!

How in God’s name do you not watch the Alastair Sim version? I mean all your choices are solid, but Alastair Sim is the standard. Btw my sig is a partial quote from the Scott version. (Couldn’t fit the whole quote so I edited as best I could)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

(12-11-2017, 09:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How in God’s name do you not watch the Alastair Sim version? I mean all your choices are solid, but Alastair Sim is the standard. Btw my sig is a partial quote from the Scott version. (Couldn’t fit the whole quote so I edited as best I could)

Muppet Christmas Carol for life!!!!

Christmas Vacation
Ernest Saves Christmas
The Santa Clause
Both Grinch movies
All the Rankin and Bass I can handle
and much much more.

I watch a lot of different Christmas movies because I am a Christmas enthusiast. My screen name gives me away, even if it is not as jolly of a character as I tend to be.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Muppet Christmas Carol for life!!!!

Christmas Vacation
Ernest Saves Christmas
The Santa Clause
Both Grinch movies
All the Rankin and Bass I can handle
and much much more.

I watch a lot of different Christmas movies because I am a Christmas enthusiast. My screen name gives me away, even if it is not as jolly of a character as I tend to be.
Light the lamp not the rat!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
forgot about trading places..
Reply/Quote
National Lampoon's
Elf
Home Alone (still haven't seen this one this year)
Die Hard
The Polar Express (have to watch this one too)
A Christmas Carol (doesn't matter which version, I like them all)
Bad Santa & Bad Santa 2
Grinch
Charlie Brown Christmas
A Christmas Story
Rudolph
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 09:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How in God’s name do you not watch the Alastair Sim version?  I mean all your choices are solid, but Alastair Sim is the standard. Btw my sig is a partial quote from the Scott version. (Couldn’t fit the whole quote so I edited as best I could)

This. Dude is Scrooge, and I try to watch that version each year.

Movies
A Christmas Carol (1951)
A Christmas Story (you can't escape it for 24 hours)
Christmas Vacation ("Shitter's full!")
Elf (always laugh at the Keebler elf reference)
It's a Wonderful Life (Jimmy Stewart is amazing)

Specials
A Charlie Brown Christmas (I too prefer 10s and 20s)
Rudolph (Bumble mass tooth extraction scene aside)
The Grinch (who doesn't occasionally feel like him for a moment or two during the holidays?)
The Year Without a Santa Claus (love me some Heat Mizer)
Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (It's a Rankin/Bass-a-palooza!)
Nester The Long Eared Christmas Donkey (my Mom's favorite so I try to find time to watch it with her)
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
Jingle All The Way
Stalag 17
Trading Places
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 10:21 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
Jingle All The Way
Stalag 17
Trading Places

Ah, Trading Places.  I loved seeing that on cable as a teen, especially when the brunette pops up out of the bed and says "I've been waiting for you, Billy Ray."   Wub
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote