Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time for the Bengals to hire Urban Meyer
Find a way to make this happen by any means!!! I don't care if you have to give him complete control over everything(Although Mikey boy wouldn't).

In a January 2016 interview, Urban was asked whether he would take NFL opportunities, he said he had a "few chances, last year, but we're not ready" (his family) . He went on to say that his son is a sophomore in high school(would now be a junior), and he never says never because people hold you to that he says. I would deal with Marvin for this year and the next, if we could get Urban Meyer. He played at UC and was very pleased with the Buckeye spring game once being played at PBS.

**With all this being said, I guess I will wish in one hand, and sh^% in the other and see which ones fills up first. But wouldn't this be absolutely fantastic.

https://campusinsiders.com/news/urban-meyer-nfl-opportunities-01-24-2016/
Reply/Quote
I'd love it, but he's already my coach.... Win/ win.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't think he would transition to the NFL very well. He runs college schemes. He would need time to adjust and we don't know how well he will adjust.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Said this in another post. He has been brilliant at getting the most out of the talent he has, and playing the game within the means of that talent.

I think he would have no problem adjusting that same philosophy to the NFL.

But, again (102nd time) nothing has a chance of happening until Lewis retires.
Reply/Quote
Big name coaches want to run a franchise. Mike Brown would never let that happen. That's one of the reasons why Marvin Lewis has been here so long. He can co-exist with Mike Brown.

Guys like Cowhere, Gruden, etc...will NEVER come here.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Big name coaches want to run a franchise. Mike Brown would never let that happen. That's one of the reasons why Marvin Lewis has been here so long. He can co-exist with Mike Brown.

Nice point. Sidebar: I'm still amazed Jerry Jones found the puppet he has in Jason Garrett and the fact that Jason has put up with it for this long.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:

^^^^^^ This
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Nice point. Sidebar: I'm still amazed Jerry Jones found the puppet he has in Jason Garrett and the fact that Jason has put up with it for this long.

And Garret has been rumored to be on the hot seat for years. There are lots of parallels between the Bengals and Cowboys in how their operation is run.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Nice point. Sidebar: I'm still amazed Jerry Jones found the puppet he has in Jason Garrett and the fact that Jason has put up with it for this long.

Garrett owes almost everything he has to that organization.  He also knows the chances of him being a HC for almost any other club with his track record is essentially zero.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:26 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't think he would transition to the NFL very well. He runs college schemes. He would need time to adjust and we don't know how well he will adjust.

And Lewis has????
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:39 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Garrett owes almost everything he has to that organization.  He also knows the chances of him being a HC for almost any other club with his track record is essentially zero.

He Is the HC in title only. Jerry Jones runs that team.
Reply/Quote
I think the whole transition thing is overrated. You just get good NFL assistants and you can make it.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And Garret has been rumored to be on the hot seat for years. There are lots of parallels between the Bengals and Cowboys in how their operation is run.

Marvin has a whole lot more influence and 'say so' than ANY HC would have with Jones.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Big name coaches want to run a franchise. Mike Brown would never let that happen. That's one of the reasons why Marvin Lewis has been here so long. He can co-exist with Mike Brown.

How many head coaches have full control of their teams?  I'm trying really hard to think of one right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: How many head coaches have full control of their teams?  I'm trying really hard to think of one right now.

Bill B is probably closest with GM hat?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Marvin has a whole lot more influence and 'say so' than ANY HC would have with Jones.

Agreed.

Everyone wanted Zimmer as the HC and he has been a fine HC, but I read that the main reason teams didn't make him a HC was because he was brash and outspoken.

He would have never co-existed with Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: How many head coaches have full control of their teams?  I'm trying really hard to think of one right now.

As of right now three coaches in the NFL: Carroll, Andy Reid and Belichick hold the titles of Executive Vice President of Football Operations along with HC duties.  Caroll and Reid both have GM's to report to but the consensus is that both have the final say on all personnel decisions..  Belichick?  Well he can do whatever the hell he wants whenever he wants as he should.
Reply/Quote
On the morning of January 9, 2010, Carroll reportedly came to agreement with the Seahawks on a 5-year contract that would appoint him as head coach.[68] He was officially hired as the Seahawks' head coach on January 11.[42] He was also named executive vice president of football operations, effectively making him the Seahawks' general manager as well. While the Seahawks have a general manager in John Schneider, he serves mainly in an advisory role to Carroll, who has the final say in football matters. In fact, Schneider was actually hired by Carroll—a rare case of the head coach hiring the general manager. He is one of two current NFL coaches who also have the title or powers of general manager, the other being Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Carroll
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: And Lewis has????

Kind of irrelevant if Lewis has.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote