Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It's time to accept....
(01-30-2023, 01:15 AM)Tony Wrote: I mean,  you got a point.. I just put this whole game on Adeniji , Sharping and Volson. It is what it is... The Oline is always the downfall. I doubt they will have the Bengals as a favorite..

You put this loss on 2 backups and think we wont be back?  We looked like the best team in the AFC, knowing if we had our oline we win this game going away. 

I'm so shocked at the lack of NFL intelligence by so many, the window isnt closing.  Brady won with several different lineups... we can as well.

Reply/Quote
The sky is definitely falling Shocked  No wait..it's just a little rain where I live..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:32 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya , I really think they got 1 more shot at it but this was a devastating loss... EHH what can you do? Still better than the 90s, just hurts different. At least when they suck there is no expectations..

Just be happy we didn't have to witness them getting blown out in the superbowl...again.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: Just be happy we didn't have to witness them getting blown out in the superbowl...again.

that will be the chiefs platter this year, it will sting a little less I guess
Reply/Quote
It's still better than totally sucking, Being here since 1988 it's hard seeing a superbowl win.. It's just always something with this organization... I really think Zac, Mixon and some of the players really pissed Goodell.off with their comments... It's was pretty evident..
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: Just be happy we didn't have to witness them getting blown out in the superbowl...again.

True.. No way this team even competes with the Eagles. Burrow would've got destroyed...
Reply/Quote
What  I'll never accept is those guys will get paid millions every year they play football and most of us will never even sniff that first million in our entire lives.. They can be complete jerks and blow off fans, but you tell a customer to piss off and you're unemployed.. 
Go figure, huh? 

Reply/Quote
This club has 1, maybe 2 more years to do it. What today proved is that you have to take every game in the regular season seriously. Having the 1 seed almost guarantees you the Super Bowl. Having to play the CCG on the road is extremely difficult. We’re only going to see another Super Bowl by having the best record in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
You just don't make it to the SB in sports every year. Marino made it once.

I think fans are spoiled and thought that we'd be there every year.

Burrow will win a couple in his career.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:36 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: This club has 1, maybe 2 more years to do it. What today proved is that you have to take every game in the regular season seriously. Having the 1 seed almost guarantees you the Super Bowl. Having to play the CCG on the road is extremely difficult. We’re only going to see another Super Bowl by having the best record in the AFC.

Teams make it with a highly paid qb. It will be tougher though.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:40 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You just don't make it to the SB in sports every year. Marino made it once.

I think fans are spoiled and thought that we'd be there every year.

Burrow will win a couple in his career.

The Marino example is what has a lot of people anxious. Because we may never make it back there. If this club had a Lombardi in its trophy case already the feeling would be different.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Teams make it with a highly paid qb. It will be tougher though.

I'm not sure but I feel like the team that the Bengals just lost too has one of those super highly paid QBs.

If KC can do it, why does everyone doubt the Bengals? Yes, the front office will have to make choices that people don't like such as not being able to keep both Higgins and Chase. There will be cap casualties but as long as the team invests in protection for Burrow and drafts well to keep new talent coming in they will be fine.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:43 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: The Marino example is what has a lot of people anxious. Because we may never make it back there. If this club had a Lombardi in its trophy case already the feeling would be different.

Eh. The NFL is competitive. Reality is, we're not better than the Chiefs. They outplay us most of the game, then we play crazy at the end to win. That didn't happen today.

Honestly, the playcalling on offense was mediocre.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:43 AM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: The Marino example is what has a lot of people anxious. Because we may never make it back there. If this club had a Lombardi in its trophy case already the feeling would be different.

Elway.

As long as Burrow is this team’s QB we’re a threat to win the Super Bowl every year as far as I’m concerned.

Reply/Quote
A bit off topic, but I'm young enough that I can still see Burrow win one before his career is over. Each passing year, I think about my dad getting another year older and not seeing a Bengals Super Bowl victory.

The idiom applies, the window is still open.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:01 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Tonight actually made me more confident moving forward. I felt like we sleepwalked our way through the AFCCG tonight, and still should've won it.

We are very elite, and we are very much an AFC front runner again next year.

We’d have won in OT. The punt return was a killer then PF. Tough to overcome. Many People on here are horribly unrealistic. KC has been to the AFC Championship 5 years in a row. They’ve got good coaches. Hard to overcome 3 reserve OL.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:13 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: A bit off topic, but I'm young enough that I can still see Burrow win one before his career is over. Each passing year, I think about my dad getting another year older and not seeing a Bengals Super Bowl victory.

The idiom applies, the window is still open.

My kids feel the same way. I've been a fan since 1968, so you can get an idea of how old I am. My kids are hoping that I live long enough to see a Bengals Super Bowl. I've seen numerous Brady Super Bowl wins and numerous Steeler and Cowboys wins and two Kansas City wins. As a Bengals fan, I've seen three heart-wrenching, close Super Bowl losses and now this close AFCCC game loss. Never saw anything other than a loss in the last game of the season the Bengals made the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I accept no such thing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
You got a year to live because the Bengals win the Super Bowl next year.
Maybe travel or swim with dolphins or something.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
As long as Burrow is back there and Brown doesn't go on the cheap trying to save a dollar and he adds/replaces with quality then the Bengals should be contenders for years to come. Of course that doesn't guarantee a SB win or even a SB appearance, but they should at least be in the mix. AFC North is going to be an extremely tough division though
Reply/Quote