Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to face the facts...
(09-22-2019, 09:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Andy's ok.

The line stinks and we're bottom fifth in defense. If you want someone to teach Andy to block for himself or make a tackle, then ok.

Maybe first we can teach him to ot make INTs or fumbles for himself? I think that would be the place to start since his errors are forced mainly by his own ineptness.

How bad has the QB situation got in Cincy where we celebrate his yards and completionsetions as if that is the surprise result of his throws? Does anyone watch Dalton throw and feel confidence.... or is that actually just hope in diaguise?

At this point in his career, I would bet, if people were really honest, it would be the latter. 9 years of inconsistency does that.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Andy's ok.

The line stinks and we're bottom fifth in defense. If you want someone to teach Andy to block for himself or make a tackle, then ok.

The D was on the field yesterday almost all of the first half because Andy and company couldn't move the ball. They didn't get a first down until after the two minute warning. The defense played a full game before halftime.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:24 PM)Destro Wrote: Ad is not a Hall of Famer, but if you put Brees or Brady on our team, all it would do is ensure their retirement. This team is not a QB away. Even with this teams history of 1st round draft pick QBs, we have not been just a QB away. Some people lock into the QB position because it is the easy choice. People can arm chair a QB the Bengals should have picked to replace Dalton, once the evidence is in, but seem to give every other NFL welfare case on the team a pass.

Yeah we couldn't take the pressure off our line with a QB who could keep linebackers honest with a threat he would run. Jackson or Watson would have made us so much worse. Wait a minute we are 0-3 and have a QB who can't throw over a midget ol and constantly makes bone head plays week after week. Excuse me if I don't subscribe to its" everyone's fault but Andy's" fan club but its high time some people took their blinders off.
Reply/Quote
I think he shoulders a bunch of the blame. Just don't think the whole world can be blamed on the red headed step child. I mean, sucking is something the Bengals have done for a long time, pre Dalton. Is Brady, Payton or Ben a running threat? Nope, but they already are fitting them for HOF jackets ( and a argument for Eli ). Want to use a few anomalies like Watson or Jackson, but the league has had runners before and they never made it far or consistent winners and playoffs ( Russel Wilson aside ). How many playoff wins do those two have? Maybe if we drafted RGIII we would have gone 16-0 last year.

Blaming the QB all the time is a simple way for most. An INT, a low throw, an incompletion, oh it is all their fault. Sometimes, yes it is, but saying that is the cause of this team doing bad is either only taking a narrow view or has not been paying attention.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 02:24 PM)Destro Wrote: I think he shoulders a bunch of the blame. Just don't think the whole world can be blamed on the red headed step child. I mean, sucking is something the Bengals have done for a long time, pre Dalton. Is Brady, Payton or Ben a running threat? Nope, but they already are fitting them for HOF jackets ( and a argument for Eli ). Want to use a few anomalies like Watson or Jackson, but the league has had runners before and they never made it far or consistent winners and playoffs ( Russel Wilson aside ). How many playoff wins do those two have? Maybe if we drafted RGIII we would have gone 16-0 last year.

Blaming the QB all the time is a simple way for most. An INT, a low throw, an incompletion, oh it is all their fault. Sometimes, yes it is, but saying that is the cause of this team doing bad is either only taking a narrow view or has not been paying attention.

This guy gets it.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 02:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This guy gets it.  ThumbsUp

What? The Andy’s Army monthly fan club newsletter? Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:39 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The D was on the field yesterday almost all of the first half because Andy and company couldn't move the ball. They didn't get a first down until after the two minute warning. The defense played a full game before halftime.

Why couldn't they move the ball?

Just asking to see if anyone paid attention in that first half that left our poor D on the field so much.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What? The Andy’s Army monthly fan club newsletter? Tongue

I would wager it's got a bigger circulation and price than AJ MCarron's.

[Image: th?id=OIP.soGs-pNXXk_eK-wIWwNc3wAAAA&pid...=287&h=162]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What? The Andy’s Army monthly fan club newsletter? Tongue

It's just funny that if you're a guy that points out specific issues and backs them up, as well as pointing out positives and giving credit, then someone comes along with a general statement...you get blown up and buried in excuses, and that guy gets a "this guy gets it". 

lol

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 09:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s absolutely time to move on. Give Finley some starts to see what we have in him, and if he doesn’t look good use the high draft pick on a QB.

Nine years of excuses. Marvin, multiple OC’s, OL, lack of weapons (that’s my favorite), etc.  

Enough is enough.

.....move on and try Dolegala.

Seriously if we hit 0-4 or 1-5 I'd say it's time. And that may be the real reason ZT kept 3 QB's
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would wager it's got a bigger circulation and price than AJ MCarron's.

[Image: th?id=OIP.soGs-pNXXk_eK-wIWwNc3wAAAA&pid...=287&h=162]

Dude, that’s so 2016, it’s the Finley Fan club now!

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 07:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude, that’s so 2016, it’s the Finley Fan club now!

My bad.  I thought Ol' Maccaroni would be hoisting that Lombardi by now!

Apparently he's just lying low until Green gets traded.

Then it's AJ to AJ time baby !!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 02:24 PM)Destro Wrote: I think he shoulders a bunch of the blame. Just don't think the whole world can be blamed on the red headed step child. I mean, sucking is something the Bengals have done for a long time, pre Dalton. Is Brady, Payton or Ben a running threat? Nope, but they already are fitting them for HOF jackets ( and a argument for Eli ). Want to use a few anomalies like Watson or Jackson, but the league has had runners before and they never made it far or consistent winners and playoffs ( Russel Wilson aside ). How many playoff wins do those two have? Maybe if we drafted RGIII we would have gone 16-0 last year.

The Dalton gang rides again!! Its not his fault he threw behind Tate at the end of the game . Its not his fault he under threw on the interception in the first half. That was the whole teams fault. Everything isn't Andy's fault but some of it is whether the Dalton gang wants to own it or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did the "just changing the QB won't make a difference" check out the Giant's game today?

Or the Dolphins?

Or the Steelers?

Or the Jets?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 07:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Dalton gang rides again!! Its not his fault he threw behind Tate at the end of the game . Its not his fault he under threw on the interception in the first half. That was the whole teams fault. Everything isn't Andy's fault but some of it is whether the Dalton gang wants to own it or not.

I am perfectly willing to admit that Dalton makes mistakes.

Are you willing to admit that other Bengal players make mistakes which effect the out come of games?

Are you willing to admit that other NFL QBs also throw interceptions?

That is what is so crazy about the Dalton haters.  They act like no other QB in the league ever misses a pass.  And they act like no other player on the Bengals ever makes a mistake.

2019 Bengals pass offense....3rd in yards, 20th in efficiency (passer rating)
2019 Bengals rush offense....31st in yards, 32nd in efficiency (yds/carry)
2019 Bengal defense...……….27th in yards, 25th in efficiency (yds/play)

Our pass offense is missing our best player (Green) and it is still working better than any other aspect of the team, but lets just all bash Dalton and blame all the problems on him.

I mean all we have to do is sign that QB who has never thrown an interception and we will be golden, right?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 08:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am perfectly willing to admit that Dalton makes mistakes.

Are you willing to admit that other Bengal players make mistakes which effect the out come of games?

That is what is so crazy about the Dalton haters.  They act like no other QB in the league ever misses a pass.  And they act like no other player on the Bengals ever makes a mistake.

Our pass offense is missing our best player (Green) and it is still working better than any other aspect of the team, but lets just all bash Dalton and blame all the problems on him.

I mean all we have to do is sign that QB who has never thrown an interception and we will be golden, right?

Haven't people been bitching left and right how this team can't run the ball.

QBs on opposing teams have more rushing yards in a drive than the Bengals in two games.

A QB sneak can average 1 yd per carry.

Ross is Mr. Dropsie Von Fumble-fingers

It's Willis-time... wait... it's Tate-time...  Erickson is a bum let's not let him even return kicks let alone throw the ball at him...

Nobody but nobody is to actually to blame but Dalton on offense.

We had a better line last year(that's a stretch)and people said Mixon did it all by himself because THEY were so bad.

Why isn't he doing it now?

That just gets tossed out the window.
Reply/Quote
Andy could make mad loot in one of those "just OK" AT&T commercials.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 08:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am perfectly willing to admit that Dalton makes mistakes.

Getting yards and getting scores are two different things. I never seen a victory taken away from a team who scored more points because the other team had more yards. You and the rest of the Dalton Gang are ignoring the facts . Dalton is not a good QB. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 07:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or the Dolphins?

Or the Steelers?

Or the Jets?

You didn't answer the question.

But anywho. 2 of the 3 you mentioned were replacing an injured QB (if you notice, I didn't point to the Saints win) and the 3rd had their closest game of the year, but I assume there was a point. ?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 07:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The Dalton gang rides again!! Its not his fault he threw behind Tate at the end of the game . Its not his fault he under threw on the interception in the first half. That was the whole teams fault. Everything isn't Andy's fault but some of it is whether the Dalton gang wants to own it or not.

Everything is not all his fault, exactly. All I have been saying. As stupid as all O-line or all Ross, all Marvin, etc. Not a Dalton gang, just someone who can be realistic instead of blaming everything on one person/thing. It's unreal and lazy, period. 
Reply/Quote