Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to speak freely....
Going to work with House is overrated. I keep hearing all across the league that this person (Tebow) that person (J.Johnson) etc has worked with House (seemingly everyone now) and yet none of these qb's have had their careers turned around because of him. Think about it. Every qb on our roster is a student of his. What has that done for the careers of Johnson and Pryor? Campbell was a client and he never had the career he had hoped. I thought when I first starting hearing about House it would help Dalton. But pay attention to how much his name comes up around the league, and then outside of Brady and Brees, pay attention to the careers of his students. Their careers aren't much to write home about.

I think we are expecting too much of a difference in Dalton from the "House" visits he has made.

It sure didn't help Cassel or Matt Barkley. Tebow or Sanchez, Geno Smith, Blake Bortles, or any of our backup qb's...... the list of failed careers from his clients goes on and on.

If it wasn't for Brady and Brees this guys qb development resume would be laughable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Going to work with House is overrated. I keep hearing all across the league that this person (Tebow) that person (J.Johnson) etc has worked with House (seemingly everyone now) and yet none of these qb's have had their careers turned around because of him. Think about it. Every qb on our roster is a student of his. What has that done for the careers of Johnson and Pryor? Campbell was a client and he never had the career he had hoped. I thought when I first starting hearing about House it would help Dalton. But pay attention to how much his name comes up around the league, and then outside of Brady and Brees, pay attention to the careers of his students. Their careers aren't much to write home about.

I think we are expecting too much of a difference in Dalton from the "House visits he has made.

It sure didn't help Cassel or Matt Barkley. Tebow or Sanchez, any of our backup qb's...... the list of failed careers from his clients goes on and on.

If it wasn't for Brady and Brees this guys qb development resume would be laughable.

I couldn't agree more. He may be able to fix some of the mechanical issues... but he is not going to fix a player's natural abilities or mental capacity.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't have put much stock into him anyhow as he only focuses on throwing mechanics. Granted mechanics are important, they aren't as important as the x's and o's and being able to keep your composure when the bullets are flying. The latter is way more important and the actual coaches and Andy himself are much more responsible for that.
Reply/Quote
I searched Tom House and his qb students and how this guy has a job and the rep he has is beyond me. These names he's "tutored" are all likely out of the league soon. Thanks but no thanks.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Going to work with House is overrated. I keep hearing all across the league that this person (Tebow) that person (J.Johnson) etc has worked with House (seemingly everyone now) and yet none of these qb's have had their careers turned around because of him. Think about it. Every qb on our roster is a student of his. What has that done for the careers of Johnson and Pryor? Campbell was a client and he never had the career he had hoped. I thought when I first starting hearing about House it would help Dalton. But pay attention to how much his name comes up around the league, and then outside of Brady and Brees, pay attention to the careers of his students. Their careers aren't much to write home about.

I think we are expecting too much of a difference in Dalton from the "House visits he has made.

It sure didn't help Cassel or Matt Barkley. Tebow or Sanchez, Geno Smith, Blake Bortles, or any of our backup qb's...... the list of failed careers from his clients goes on and on.

I've never understood why Mike and Marvin don't bring Sam in to work with Andy. 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've never understood why Mike and Marvin don't bring Sam in to work with Andy. 

great point...
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've never understood why Mike and Marvin don't bring Sam in to work with Andy. 

We have our work to do when it comes to the treatment of our past franchise players/coaches. Sam if I'm not mistaken has said he'd be willing.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: We have our work to do when it comes to the treatment of our past franchise players/coaches. Sam if I'm not mistaken has said he'd be willing.

Yep, Sam has always been very open about his willingness to help this organization. It's a shame they haven't taken advantage of his skills.
Reply/Quote
QBs and MLB pitchers don't go to only Tom House but an inevative throwing mechanic institute that he helped found. It isn't a football clinic.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I searched Tom House and his qb students and how this guy has a job and the rep he has is beyond me. These names he's "tutored" are all likely out of the league soon. Thanks but no thanks.

Would an elite QB go to a coach?  These guys mostly make money from repairing or helping QBs who have a certain lack in their game, don't they?  I honestly don't know the guy's approach, but it's hard to judge a teacher solely by the pedigree of his students.  
Reply/Quote

Must be a bad blood thing.  The guy worked with Paul Brown, Bill Walsh and was an innovator in his own right.   Plus he personally had a hand in developing Boomer Esiason and Joe Montana.

If nothing else consult with the guy.  He's a total idea factory.   I bet Zampeze would be thrilled to have a consultation with him.   And as the OP suggested, I think it would have a more significant impact than just the mechanics.

Dalton has trouble getting past his first two reads and knowing how to use the pocket.
Reply/Quote
Now, I'm sure most know that I'm not the world's biggest Andy supporter, BUT...

He looked like a GOOD quarterback for the first 6 weeks/5 games of last season. Did House have anything to do with that? I don't know, but I do know that I'm willing to reserve judgment until I see how this year goes as well. After the first few weeks, I really thought Andy was turning into a very good quarterback, but as the year went on he ended up looking like the same old Andy.

The only thing that is making me question whether House had much to do with it is because Andy was making good decisions and looked comfortable stepping up in the pocket early in 2014, and I always thought that House fixed throwing mechanics. I could be wrong, but I don't think House teaches the areas that Andy seemed to improve on last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, Sam has always been very open about his willingness to help this organization. It's a shame they haven't taken advantage of his skills.

It's not like the Bengals do that with their players, either.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 03:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Would an elite QB go to a coach?  These guys mostly make money from repairing or helping QBs who have a certain lack in their game, don't they?  I honestly don't know the guy's approach, but it's hard to judge a teacher solely by the pedigree of his students.  

An elite qb wouldn't. But if none of his students improved enough to stay in the league, then what's the all the qb whispering talk about "House" about?...

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 03:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: An elite qb wouldn't. But if none of his students improved enough to stay in the league, then what's the all the qb whispering talk about "House" about?...
I dont get all your whining..

Would you rather our QBs just sit at home during the offseason?

Or do like they did and attempt to improve themselves in the offseason?
Reply/Quote
Its not a big deal all the Qbs have a Qb coach. I am not sure how much it helps or hurts.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 03:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont get all your whining..

Would you rather our QBs just sit at home during the offseason?

Or do like they did and attempt to improve themselves in the offseason?

I'd rather a qb whisper have the success of more than 2 already elite qb's under his belt before we crown him. Or think he's going to turn Dalton into Brees. He's done nothing for none of his qb's he's tutored. Nothing. They are all hanging on for dear life for 3rd string qb positions on rosters. And we think he's going to turn Dalton all pro? I'd rather them hire a QB coach with a record of developing qb's if you ask me what I really want.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 04:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Its not a big deal all the Qbs have a Qb coach. I am not sure how much it helps or hurts.

I agree it's not a big deal that he's working so much with House. Which is why all the fluff pieces Hobs puts out about it is an eye roll. Especially when he acknowledge that all of our qb's have worked with him. You know, the backup qb's outside of AJ, that no one else in the league wants.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, Sam has always been very open about his willingness to help this organization. It's a shame they haven't taken advantage of his skills.

Mikey just doesn't like living in the past. David Fulcher has said that he'd like to come help the team in terms of scouting (before we were praised for drafting). I know Boomer played well for us in 1997 and the situation after the season is debatable. One side says the Bengals wanted to bring Boomer back on a 2 year deal and Cris Collinsworth has said that Mike Brown made very little effort in re-signing Boomer because he thought it would cost Boomer a chance at being an analyst on MNF.

I believe Munoz has said that he was interested in taking on some role for the Bengals, but that never materialized.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:24 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: I couldn't agree more.  He may be able to fix some of the mechanical issues... but he is not going to fix a player's natural abilities or mental capacity.

To think he can fix natural ability or mental capacity would be rather silly now wouldn't it? That is not what he does. He is strictly a mechanics guru and to expect anything else just would not make any sense.
Reply/Quote