Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to speak freely....
(05-29-2015, 08:47 PM)McC Wrote: Hue was in his head too.  Maybe all the time Hue spent focising on not turning the ball over, which seemed to make Andy skittish last year, will pay off this year.

He will throw interceptions regardless that's just who he is.  I think the bigger problem with Andy was the fact that he lost AJ for a quarter of the season, Eifert for the whole season, and he lost Jones for the whole season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Going to work with House is overrated.

House is not a magician. He can help QB's make incremental improvements to their game. What he cannot do is take a mediocre QB and make him elite. 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:03 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Mikey just doesn't like living in the past. David Fulcher has said that he'd like to come help the team in terms of scouting (before we were praised for drafting). I know Boomer played well for us in 1997 and the situation after the season is debatable. One side says the Bengals wanted to bring Boomer back on a 2 year deal and Cris Collinsworth has said that Mike Brown made very little effort in re-signing Boomer because he thought it would cost Boomer a chance at being an analyst on MNF.

I believe Munoz has said that he was interested in taking on some role for the Bengals, but that never materialized.

Well, Kenny was our OC through much of the 90's and Krumrie coached the d-line. We weren't very successful with those guys on the staff, so maybe that's why Mike hasn't tried anyone else.

I'm not saying he'd be right for thinking that way, but that just seems like a Mikey way of thinking. He's avoided FA for years simply because he made bad choices with Coles, Bryant and Odom.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've never taken the House stuff seriously. QB's generally are who we thought they were.

House may be able to help them with minor issues, but they still have the same arm and brain no matter how much tinkering they do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 08:21 PM)Utts Wrote: House is not a magician. He can help QB's make incremental improvements to their game. What he cannot do is take a mediocre QB and make him elite. 

We happen to have a mediocre QB.

I'm hoping that McCarron puts it all together. It would put a smile on my face.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:08 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We happen to have a mediocre QB.

Dalton will have to be on IR.... And that would put a smile on your face?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dalton will have to be on IR.... And that would put a smile on your face?

AJM could light it up in practice and give the coaches a reason to see what he can do in a regular season game. Or Andy gets the wind knocked out of him and AJM comes in for a few plays, looks like Aaron Rodgers, and the coaching staff keeps him in and he ends up being a great QB.

I don't think either of those are very likely to happen, but it's kind of a leap to just assume that BengalChris would be happy if Andy were severely injured.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 08:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've never taken the House stuff seriously. QB's generally are who we thought they were.

House may be able to help them with minor issues, but they still have the same arm and brain no matter how much tinkering they do.

What we're talking about is barriers to excellence.  Athletes have them.  A guy like House can help take one barrier out of the picture by making mechanics as good as they can be.  Better mechanics, better thrower.  Better QB?  Possibly. 

Like you said, the brain won't change.  But maybe the confidence level goes up.  I'm all for anything that makes a guy a better player, even if it's just a marginal improvement.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've never understood why Mike and Marvin don't bring Sam in to work with Andy. 

Mike's ego won't allow it. I think its that simple.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 02:24 PM)GodFather Wrote: Mike's ego won't allow it. I think its that simple.

Not sure what ego has to do with it. Mike and Sam are still extremely close friends. As well as their wives being extremely close friends.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Dalton should go see a shrink considering most of the primetime woes are in his head. Otherwise he is a average/above average qb. We just need average.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dalton will have to be on IR.... And that would put a smile on your face?

Why would Dalton have to be on IR for McCarron to beat him out?

Dalton is replaceable and more replaceable than you might think.

(06-01-2015, 07:02 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Maybe Dalton should go see a shrink considering most of the primetime woes are in his head. Otherwise he is a average/above average qb. We just need average.

In the playoffs Dalton is far below average. Now, while I believe Dalton is part of that problem, I also believe that Lewis simply isn't very good at preparing the team for these playoff games or most key games for that matter.

Take the Cleveland game. The team just wasn't prepared at all. They played as if they expected to win without trying or something. Dalton looked horrible, yes. But so did the rest of the offense and the defense looked lost without Burfict there to tell them what to do.

Very few teams win a SB with an average QB. An above average QB can get you a SB win. An average QB makes it much more difficult.

Average QBs who won a SB:

Trent Dilfer for Baltimore
Brad Johnson for Tampa
Mark Rypien for Washington
Jeff Hostetler for Giants

Each of those teams had excellent, excellent defenses.

You could throw in Phil Simms and Jim McMahon in that mix if you want, but they were probably both more on the above average side of things. Again, both played with dominating defenses.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:08 AM)BengalChris Wrote: We happen to have a mediocre QB.

(06-01-2015, 07:17 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Why would Dalton have to be on IR for McCarron to beat him out?

Dalton is replaceable and more replaceable than you might think.

McCarron might make a good #2. Outside of that it seems that you may want to take your own advice you have for those you state are overvaluing Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 07:34 PM)OSUfan Wrote: McCarron might make a good #2. Outside of that it seems that you may want to take your own advice you have for those you state are overvaluing Dalton.

Classic come back from OSUFan for the OSU graduate.

I can hope for McCarron to light it up. I believe it will be an uphill battle for him, but I hope he does.

I also hope that Dalton puts it together and has a great season. If he does, I'll be very happy. I just have a hard time believing that he will. So I'd love nothing more than for the team having some viable options should Dalton put up some more bad games. Dalton's had 4 years to get it together and just hasn't. It doesn't matter what his potential is if it doesn't show up on game day. I really hope it happens this year. But if it doesn't, we need someone to insert in the game.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 06:49 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Not sure what ego has to do with it. Mike and Sam are still extremely close friends. As well as their wives being extremely close friends.

Really?  Mike claimed Sam retired. Sam claimed he was fired. When did they patch things up?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 01:12 PM)djs7685 Wrote: AJM could light it up in practice and give the coaches a reason to see what he can do in a regular season game. Or Andy gets the wind knocked out of him and AJM comes in for a few plays, looks like Aaron Rodgers, and the coaching staff keeps him in and he ends up being a great QB.

I don't think either of those are very likely to happen, but it's kind of a leap to just assume that BengalChris would be happy if Andy were severely injured.

Thank you!

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Going to work with House is overrated. I keep hearing all across the league that this person (Tebow) that person (J.Johnson) etc has worked with House (seemingly everyone now) and yet none of these qb's have had their careers turned around because of him. Think about it. Every qb on our roster is a student of his. What has that done for the careers of Johnson and Pryor? Campbell was a client and he never had the career he had hoped. I thought when I first starting hearing about House it would help Dalton. But pay attention to how much his name comes up around the league, and then outside of Brady and Brees, pay attention to the careers of his students. Their careers aren't much to write home about.

I think we are expecting too much of a difference in Dalton from the "House" visits he has made.

It sure didn't help Cassel or Matt Barkley. Tebow or Sanchez, Geno Smith, Blake Bortles, or any of our backup qb's...... the list of failed careers from his clients goes on and on.

If it wasn't for Brady and Brees this guys qb development resume would be laughable.

Well I am not a QB expert or a pitching expert, but I can shed some light from my point of view.  I am a Golf Professional and all the great golfers have swing coaches.  They do this so they can create a swing, or motion that is repeatable.  I would assume that it is the same with throwing the football.  Also many players go see coaches to work on the most important thing in any sport - fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Going to work with House is overrated.
The problem is some seem to this House has magic powers. He does not. He cannot transform a lousy or mediocre QB into an Elite QB. Small statistical improvements can wind up paying big benefits over the course of an entire season, so it's worth the investment. However, if you think Dalton is going to be an entirely different player after visiting House, you're kidding yourself.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 06:13 PM)OSUfan Wrote: That is fine anyone can herald him as anything they wish to herald him as. Does not make it any more accurate. He is a mechanics guru. It is as simple as that. If I state he is the second coming of Jesus himself it does not make it accurate. I have seen his client list and the client list still does not make him anything more than a mechanics guru.

Ahhh.........google. That is right because they can only put the truth on the internet.......bonjour.... ThumbsUp

What if someone was heralding him as a mechanics guru?
Reply/Quote
If there's anything that I would want Dalton to improve on is his INT %. That needs to be less.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote