Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to speak freely....
(05-29-2015, 04:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'd rather a qb whisper have the success of more than 2 already elite qb's under his belt before we crown him. Or think he's going to turn Dalton into Brees. He's done nothing for none of his qb's he's tutored. Nothing. They are all hanging on for dear life for 3rd string qb positions on rosters. And we think he's going to turn Dalton all pro? I'd rather them hire a QB coach with a record of developing qb's if you ask me what I really want.

LMAO.......what a nonsensical post. He is not a QB whisperer. He is a guru of mechanics. Nothing more to it than that.

I love it when people bash others for working to try and improve themselves. Way to go buddy.......... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Didn't he work with Dalton last season, in his worst season as a pro, by far?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:17 PM)OSUfan Wrote: LMAO.......what a nonsensical post. He is not a QB whisperer. He is a guru of mechanics. Nothing more to it than that.

I love it when people bash others for working to try and improve themselves. Way to go buddy.......... ThumbsUp

You are wrong O. He's heralded as a qb whisperer on a lot of sites including bengals.com. Google his name. And take a look at his clients while your at it. You'd be surprised at all the careers he..... Certainly didn't do much for.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 06:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: You are wrong O. He's heralded as a qb whisperer on a lot of sites including bengals.com. Google his name. And take a look at his clients while your at it. 

That is fine anyone can herald him as anything they wish to herald him as. Does not make it any more accurate. He is a mechanics guru. It is as simple as that. If I state he is the second coming of Jesus himself it does not make it accurate. I have seen his client list and the client list still does not make him anything more than a mechanics guru.

Ahhh.........google. That is right because they can only put the truth on the internet.......bonjour.... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:31 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Didn't he work with Dalton last season, in his worst season as a pro, by far?

Rewatch the preseason and up first few games of the regular season. Dalton was a better QB...then Zampese worked his way back in Dalton's brain and the WR unit turned into a MASH unit and shit went downhill fast. 
Reply/Quote
House is a biomechanist. He can fix mechanical problems to help improve throwing efficiency, but that's not going to improve decision making or anything like that.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 04:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'd rather a qb whisper have the success of more than 2 already elite qb's under his belt before we crown him. Or think he's going to turn Dalton into Brees. He's done nothing for none of his qb's he's tutored. Nothing. They are all hanging on for dear life for 3rd string qb positions on rosters. And we think he's going to turn Dalton all pro? I'd rather them hire a QB coach with a record of developing qb's if you ask me what I really want.

Your facts are a little off.  Brees started working with House in '04.  In his first two years as a starter, he posted QBR's of 76.9 and 67.5.  In '04, he had a QBR of 104.8, a dramatic improvement.  How much credit House should get is debatable, but the position that Brees was already elite is false.  The Bengals also brought Pryor in for a tryout last year, but didn't sign him.  The fact that they signed him this year would seem to indicate improvement.

You can also add Joe Flacco and Carson Palmer to the list of QB's that have worked with House.  The fact that he has worked with 3 of the 8 NFL starting QB's with a Super Bowl ring would seem to indicate he has something going right.  He isn't going to make a guy turn into Joe Montana magically, but there are guys benefiting from his program.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 03:19 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Now, I'm sure most know that I'm not the world's biggest Andy supporter, BUT...

He looked like a GOOD quarterback for the first 6 weeks/5 games of last season. Did House have anything to do with that? I don't know, but I do know that I'm willing to reserve judgment until I see how this year goes as well. After the first few weeks, I really thought Andy was turning into a very good quarterback, but as the year went on he ended up looking like the same old Andy.

The only thing that is making me question whether House had much to do with it is because Andy was making good decisions and looked comfortable stepping up in the pocket early in 2014, and I always thought that House fixed throwing mechanics. I could be wrong, but I don't think House teaches the areas that Andy seemed to improve on last year.

I think Andy looked good the first few weeks because of the new scheme.

Then, after the patriots played us, everyone seemed to have a notion of what we were doing on offense.

After that, I don't think we made the proper adjustments to keep the season going as well as it was on offense, and maybe that has part to do with Hue Jackson.

I think a lot of Andy's struggles came from a predictable scheme about halfway through the year.... I mean, how much can you telegraph screen passes and dump offs before the defense is going to notice?
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:31 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Didn't he work with Dalton last season, in his worst season as a pro, by far?

He did, and Andy looked great, until the team started falling apart on him.  Then, he reverted back into "game manager" mode.

(05-29-2015, 06:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Rewatch the preseason and up first few games of the regular season. Dalton was a better QB...then Zampese worked his way back in Dalton's brain and the WR unit turned into a MASH unit and shit went downhill fast. 

Pretty much my sentiments.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He did, and Andy looked great, until the team started falling apart on him.  Then, he reverted back into "game manager" mode.

Pretty much my sentiments.

Hue was in his head too.  Maybe all the time Hue spent focising on not turning the ball over, which seemed to make Andy skittish last year, will pay off this year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think Carson Palmer would be the best person to ask at this point about what it's like to be a QB in Cincinnati and whether Andy's troubles are 100 percent his fault.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 05:15 PM)OSUfan Wrote: To think he can fix natural ability or mental capacity would be rather silly now wouldn't it? That is not what he does. He is strictly a mechanics guru and to expect anything else just would not make any sense.

Agree.  I think Dalton came back pretty sharp last year after working with House and we won the first three games.  Then he regressed under Zampese IMO.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 09:22 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Agree.  I think Dalton came back pretty sharp last year after working with House and we won the first three games.  Then he regressed under Zampese IMO.

Injuries did not help...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 12:09 AM)B=======D Wrote: Injuries did not help...
True. 
Reply/Quote
You know, back when I was still working I did body work for a living. I didn't paint much because there was already a guy who was the painter so I slung bondo and fixed dents and dings. Then I ran across a guy who was well regarded as a top of the line painter so he taught me to paint so I ended up doing custom jobs making more money. I didn't unlearn body work and I still did some, but it was because someone took the time to teach me how to handle a spray gun better and how to mix paint better and so on. The guy never touched bondo and hated the stuff. I taught others to paint and so on it went. .
House teaches one aspect of throwing the ball, the mechanics of it, but never played qb anywhere. He might as well teach painting for all it matters and it still wouldn't teach anything about fixing dings and dents. It's just one aspect of the whole.
Does Hobson oversell that aspect? Sure. .it's mid May. What else is he going to write about this time of year? Mike Brown's xray results from his last chest xray?
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 02:12 AM)grampahol Wrote: You know,  back when I was still working I did body work for a living. I didn't paint much because there was already a guy who was the painter so I slung bondo and fixed dents and dings. Then I ran across a guy who was well regarded as a top of the line painter so he taught me to paint so I ended up doing custom jobs making more money.  I didn't unlearn body work and I still did some, but it was because someone took the time to teach me how to handle a spray gun better and how to mix paint better and so on.  The guy never touched bondo and hated the stuff. I taught others to paint and so on it went. .
House teaches one aspect of throwing the ball, the mechanics of it, but never played qb anywhere.  He might as well teach painting for all it matters and it still wouldn't teach anything about fixing dings and dents. It's just one aspect of the whole.
Does Hobson oversell that aspect?  Sure. .it's mid May. What else is he going to write about this time of year? Mike Brown's xray results from his last chest xray?

You are exactly right.
Reply/Quote
You saw mechanical changes in the beginning of the season that made Dalton play better.

But let's be real.

He can teach you all the mechanics in the world, but he can't generate talent. He isn't a QB coach. He is a former MLB pitcher who knows how to throw a ball.

You mention his former students that didn't work out, with only Brady and Brees be the success stories. But Brady and Brees are the only ones he's coached who really had the talent to play well if they fixed their mechanics a little bit.

Cassel would not have been successful no matter how perfect his mechanics were. That isn't on House. That's on Cassel.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 06:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: You are wrong O. He's heralded as a qb whisperer on a lot of sites including bengals.com. Google his name. And take a look at his clients while your at it. You'd be surprised at all the careers he..... Certainly didn't do much for.

(05-29-2015, 06:13 PM)OSUfan Wrote: That is fine anyone can herald him as anything they wish to herald him as. Does not make it any more accurate. He is a mechanics guru. It is as simple as that. If I state he is the second coming of Jesus himself it does not make it accurate. I have seen his client list and the client list still does not make him anything more than a mechanics guru.

Ahhh.........google. That is right because they can only put the truth on the internet.......bonjour.... ThumbsUp

Where did you go JJ?
Reply/Quote
I did notice Dalton throwing better at the beginning of last season. But then after the bye he seemed to revert. I even said to my friends last season that Dalton is throwing high again and needs to get back to what House taught him. In articles this year, Dalton seemed to recognize that he got away from what he was taught. I just wish he had realized it during the season and made adjustments. I do think he benefited, and I would rather have him doing something as far as trying to improve rather than doing nothing. But House can't play the games. Let's just hope his teachings stick longer this season than they did last season.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 02:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've never understood why Mike and Marvin don't bring Sam in to work with Andy. 

I heard its because he is still trying to sling that booger off of his finger - maybe House could help!
Reply/Quote