Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time we moved on from Dunlap.
(04-09-2018, 09:57 AM)John Shaft Wrote: "Low end FA or draft "a guy""
That simple ?
Sounds like the Bengals usual way of doing things.

Michael Johnson sucks. Wouldn't take much to replace him, and not every player can be an all-star. So you sign your core players (Atkins/Dunlap) and replace MJ with a cheaper salary to clear room for the new Atkins/Dunlap deals. Not like we'd be losing much by replacing MJ with a cheap FA or draft pick. Heck, a cheap FA might be an upgrade.

And fwiw, I'm not sure why you'd knock the Bengals FA habits right now. Didn't they just bring in 2 of the best players on the market? Plus a few others?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 02:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dunlap's better than Burfict.

He may not make as big an impact as Burfict, but he's a once in a decade DE.

Agreed. If you send me back in time and I have to choose either Burfict or Dunlap, I'm choosing Dunlap every time. 

People forget, the defense was looking good before Burfict was even there...mainly due to the d-line. In particular, the play of Atkins and Dunlap.

We shouldn't have to choose though. We can afford both.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 02:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dunlap's better than Burfict.

He may not make as big an impact as Burfict, but he's a once in a decade DE.

It is close though.

Both are very good players and with Burfict's problems i can understand why someone would say Dunlap is better.

Dunlap stays healthy, doesn't play dirty and can do it all. He is much better than the stats show that is for damn sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 02:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. If you send me back in time and I have to choose either Burfict or Dunlap, I'm choosing Dunlap every time. 

People forget, the defense was looking good before Burfict was even there...mainly due to the d-line. In particular, the play of Atkins and Dunlap.

Exactly; they will both be signed.

(04-09-2018, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is close though.

Both are very good players and with Burfict's problems i can understand why someone would say Dunlap is better.

Dunlap stays healthy, doesn't play dirty and can do it all. He is much better than the stats show that is for damn sure.

That's why he's the better player; his impact extends far beyond the stats. Again, how much has HIS disruptions, allowed other guys to get sacks?

That's why he and Geno compliment each other perfectly.

But yeah, Burfict probably makes a bigger difference when he doesn't play, vs. when Dunlap doesn't play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 04:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Exactly; they will both be signed.

That's why he's the better player; his impact extends far beyond the stats. Again, how much has HIS disruptions, allowed other guys to get sacks?

But yeah, Burfict probably makes a bigger difference when he doesn't play, vs. when Dunlap doesn't play.

Great post, i agree and i am a much bigger fan of Burfict than you are Truck.

Dunlap might be the most disruptive End in the NFL, that is how good he is, cannot believe some people think we
should move on from him. Crazy talk i tell yah, crazy talk.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 11:29 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: Well maybe you don't pay Dre Kirkpatrick 10 million a year.

If the choice was between Dre and Los......... what would that choice be?

Draft a CB this year in the 1st and let Dre walk next year or trade him.
Reply/Quote
I realize I am waaaay late to this party but...

I love Carlos, he’s been great for the team and the city of Cincinnati. But am I the only one that wants to strangle him when he’s dancing around like a clown on the field while they are losing? And not just losing with a chance to come back, but when almost all hope is lost, yet he is still acting like a clown. Maybe I’m alone on this, but I’ve noticed it the last few seasons and it drives me bonkers.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 02:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. If you send me back in time and I have to choose either Burfict or Dunlap, I'm choosing Dunlap every time. 

(04-09-2018, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is close though.

(04-09-2018, 04:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Exactly; they will both be signed.

(04-09-2018, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post, i agree and i am a much bigger fan of Burfict than you are Truck.

Dunlap might be the most disruptive End in the NFL, that is how good he is, cannot believe some people think we
should move on from him. Crazy talk i tell yah, crazy talk.

I agree!

There is a line in a scouting report I read about Quenton Nelson that stated you could plug him into the RG position on your line, and forget about it for the next 10 years. That language is used for can't miss prospects who are truly elite.

That is Dunlap in a nutshell.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 07:17 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I realize I am waaaay late to this party but...

I love Carlos, he’s been great for the team and the city of Cincinnati. But am I the only one that wants to strangle him when he’s dancing around like a clown on the field while they are losing? And not just losing with a chance to come back, but when almost all hope is lost, yet he is still acting like a clown. Maybe I’m alone on this, but I’ve noticed it the last few seasons and it drives me bonkers.

He's a jovial, happy leader. He says what's on his mind and tries to get the team riled up (in a good way) by doing all of that.

Following him on Instagram for the past 4/5 years, its just his nature; he doesn't get drunk, do drugs or "bad things," to have fun; that's like me, in that sense.

(04-10-2018, 12:44 AM)XsandOs Wrote: I agree!

There is a line in a scouting report I read about Quenton Nelson that stated you could plug him into the RG position on your line, and forget about it for the next 10 years. That language is used for can't miss prospects who are truly elite.

That is Dunlap in a nutshell.

Agreed as well, 100%.

Nobody has to worry about DE, with Dunlap there.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2018, 02:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Michael Johnson sucks. Wouldn't take much to replace him, and not every player can be an all-star. So you sign your core players (Atkins/Dunlap) and replace MJ with a cheaper salary to clear room for the new Atkins/Dunlap deals. Not like we'd be losing much by replacing MJ with a cheap FA or draft pick. Heck, a cheap FA might be an upgrade.

And fwiw, I'm not sure why you'd knock the Bengals FA habits right now. Didn't they just bring in 2 of the best players on the market? Plus a few others?
Wins and less dysfuntion on the field is what will impress. I've seen dozens of supposed "cheap FAs and draft picks" come and go. M Johnson's Is not being paid anywhere near upper echelon DEs.
Care to name any of these potential "cheap FAs" who would be an upgrade ?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 10:15 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Wins and less dysfuntion on the field is what will impress. I've seen dozens of supposed "cheap FAs and draft picks" come and go. M Johnson's Is not being paid anywhere near upper echelon DEs.
Care to name any of these potential "cheap FAs" who would be an upgrade ?

If you look back to just last year, Chris Smith filled a role at DE, for cheap.  He did well enough to land a more significant deal with Cleveland this year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2018, 10:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you look back to just last year, Chris Smith filled a role at DE, for cheap.  He did well enough to land a more significant deal with Cleveland this year.

Guys like chris smith are an exception to the rule. MJ does not "suck" and it would be difficult to replace him with a cheaper free agent.  And draft picks are a crap shoot.
Reply/Quote
Go home. You’re drunk.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote