Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
It's time we moved on from Green
you cannot take this thread seriously.

Green is the best WR in Bengal history.

He and Geno are far and away our best players.

But I agree with the post that is time for AJ  ( and Geno) to move on from the Bengals. Both deserve a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl.

This organization is hopeless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
you cannot take this thread seriously.

Green is the best WR in Bengal history.

He and Geno are far and away our best players.

But I agree with the post that it is time for AJ  ( and Geno) to move on from the Bengals. Both deserve a legitimate shot at winning a Super Bowl.

This organization is hopeless.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:04 AM)CincyWestside Wrote: I've pondered this question for a while now. Green is an elite receiver and no one can deny that.

But I am looking at Detroit. Calvin Johnson, arguably one of the best WRs to ever play in the NFL, abruptly retired. He was Stafford's favorite WR and the Lions lived and died by how well those two could hookup during games.

But now that Johnson is gone, Stafford is still carrying the team. Instead of trying to force the ball to Johnson in critical moments or pressure, he is making the reads and finding receivers in the progression. The Lions are right there in what seems like every ballgame using a relatively unknown cast of offensive weapons and a middle of the pack defense.

I want to see what Andy could do if he wasn't trying to force the ball to Green. Every game broadcast seems to bring up that AJ and Andy have hooked up for something like 3rd most TDs in a certain span, but also have the most INTs when trying to connect. As much as I'd hate to see Green leave, I am not sure keeping him will net us a Super Bowl given the current state of the roster/coaching.

A long time ago, it was publicly known that we were offered 2 first round picks for Chad Johnson. I wonder if AJ could net us an even bigger return than that to improve our weaker positions and see what our other highly drafted offensive weapons can do without the ball being forced to AJ every other play.

Stafford was a #1 pick overall. From a talent perspective Stafford is way better than Dalton.

From a receiver perspective, Tate, Jones, Goloday, Ebron are way better than Lafell, Boyd, Ross, and Eifert. Injuries have robbed Eifert of much of his talent. Maybe Ross will develop into something...but I'd take the Lions offense over ours any day.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:04 AM)CincyWestside Wrote: I've pondered this question for a while now. Green is an elite receiver and no one can deny that.

But I am looking at Detroit. Calvin Johnson, arguably one of the best WRs to ever play in the NFL, abruptly retired. He was Stafford's favorite WR and the Lions lived and died by how well those two could hookup during games.

But now that Johnson is gone, Stafford is still carrying the team. Instead of trying to force the ball to Johnson in critical moments or pressure, he is making the reads and finding receivers in the progression. The Lions are right there in what seems like every ballgame using a relatively unknown cast of offensive weapons and a middle of the pack defense.

I want to see what Andy could do if he wasn't trying to force the ball to Green. Every game broadcast seems to bring up that AJ and Andy have hooked up for something like 3rd most TDs in a certain span, but also have the most INTs when trying to connect. As much as I'd hate to see Green leave, I am not sure keeping him will net us a Super Bowl given the current state of the roster/coaching.

A long time ago, it was publicly known that we were offered 2 first round picks for Chad Johnson. I wonder if AJ could net us an even bigger return than that to improve our weaker positions and see what our other highly drafted offensive weapons can do without the ball being forced to AJ every other play.
We have seen that and the answer is not much.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: No doubt.  Dalton has lost it here.....it's time for new scenery for him, AND the team.

I agree.  In fact, I'll go so far as to say Driskel would give us our best chance of winning right now.  If the QB is running for his life on every passing play, at least have a guy who can run and can throw on the run.

But, in true Bengal fashion, he is injured.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
A few years ago, I said it was time we moved
On from Green to everyone’s jeers.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-It-s-time-we-moved-on-from-Green?page=4

Since then, he’s played in as many games as I have fingers and has been ass for 2 games now.

What kills me is he got the superstar treatment by not having to practice, and we only have a handful of underwhelming catches to show for it.

So....are you listening now?
Reply/Quote
Let him get back in the groove. As you said, he hasn’t played for awhile.

Reply/Quote
After watching the game the other night, I honestly think that AJ still isn't fit. He went down early in the game and was limping badly for a while after, I hate to say it but We need to move on from AJ and Ross and give Tate a lot more reps
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: A few years ago, I said it was time we moved

Since then, he’s played in as many games as I have fingers and has been ass for 2 games now.

What kills me is he got the superstar treatment by not having to practice, and we only have a handful of underwhelming catches to show for it.

Injured hamstrings aren't superstar treatment at practice, they're time spent with the rehab guys...
Reply/Quote
I just think he is still rusty like Burleson said.

I am listening but anyone saying Auden Tate should start ahead of AJ Green is nutz man.

AJ is still our best Receiver besides Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: A few years ago, I said it was time we moved

You da man Bigzo...

But no; I couldn't tell ya what you said earlier today let alone a few years ago. Most of the team, and damn near all the staff is ass too. Did you call that?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
To answer your question...

No.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: A few years ago, I said it was time we moved

No, because 2 games isn't a good time to pass judgement.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I thought it's against the ToS/CoC to bump/create new threads to puff yourself up or bring others down?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Ass for two games?  Against the Chargers Joe overthrew him on what would have been a 40 yard TD and he scored what would have been a game winning TD if not for a questionable OPI call. 
Reply/Quote
He deserves more time to get back into rhythm. He's a HoF talent and I don't think he's 100% done yet. I don't expect him to get back to the dominating AJ Green we once knew, but, I think he's got enough left in the tank to be a major contributor.
Reply/Quote
Uh, no....
Reply/Quote
Once he gets back in the groove, we need to trade him for some OL help. Burrow is going to die behind this line and we will all be thinking what might have been for years. I think we should do anything we can to fix the right side immediately.

AJ does look pretty slow though, but it's hard to tell by just watching the network game. Two more games and I think we'll know what we have.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 09:52 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He deserves more time to get back into rhythm. He's a HoF talent and I don't think he's 100% done yet. I don't expect him to get back to the dominating AJ Green we once knew, but, I think he's got enough left in the tank to be a major contributor.

I'm not a big fan of AJ anymore but what his team needs is Higgins to continue to grow and grow fast. Having Higgins progress will help AJ quite a bit and this team. AJ can't play 40-50 snaps now and maybe never again but being able to spread the ball around to 3-4 players in addition to Sample can ease AJ back and he can stay fresh and be a nice contributor again.
Reply/Quote
Since we got rid of Sanu and Jones, we have been struggling to have a reliable receiver corps.

Boyd finally appeared, but that's about it. Tate was making waves last season but has been put back in the burners again to give way to the tragic & incompetent Ross and the aged and injured AJ.

Burrow better get some arm insurance, he's definitely gonna wear out those shoulder tendons throwing 61 passes per game.
Reply/Quote