Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It sounds like HC Announcement coming today!
[Image: giphy-8.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m guessing it’s Bieneimy we can announce he’s the head coach but he won’t officially become our coach until the Chiefs are out of the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:19 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: If the rumors and such are true and there is a total coaching revamp; I think it would involve Hue being released.  If Mike Brown and company are trying to change the image of the team I think Hue has to go.  Great OC at times or not, if the image is going to change Hue has to go as far as fans are concerned.  His record as a head coach and all the media, see Hard Knocks, and his interview tours after being fired and throwing everyone else under the bus that he claimed to be driving as head coach has given him a really bad presence that doesn't look good for any team that has him on staff.

Wish him the best but not with the Bengals.

Yes, releasing Hue would make the entire fan base give a sigh of relief.

(01-10-2019, 03:20 PM)Takedown Wrote: I want to know as well, but at least we're almost certain its E.B. or Taylor. Most likely E.B..

I wouldn't mind either of them. I love E.B. for his attitude and passion for the game. He seems to be an in your face type of coach and we haven't had that since Zimmer. Plus, this goes without saying, but I believe he's a majority favorite right now given his history as an ex-Bengals player and that's okay, it's not like that's the only attribute that is attracting fans. I also like that he's been around Reid for a while, that could only help.

Exactly. Discipline. Need more Zimmer type of attitude in here.

That is what i am talkin' about. I keep on flipping back and forth from Taylor to Eric B lol

Eric B loves being creative and being ahead of the game, exact opposite of Marv.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, releasing Hue would make the entire fan base give a sigh of relief.

That is what i am talkin' about. I keep on flipping back and forth from Taylor to Eric B lol

Eric B loves being creative and being ahead of the game, exact opposite of Marv.

Andy Reid has also said he's an expert in line protections and we could use some of that around here..
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:35 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I’m guessing it’s Bieneimy we can announce he’s the head coach but he won’t officially become our coach until the Chiefs are out of the Playoffs.

I think and hope so as well.  One concern, if the Chief's go to the Super Bowl, maybe they offer Bieniemy enough to stay on board as Chief's OC similar to McDaniels and leave us at the alter if indeed he is the one Bengals want.

Plus his name is hard to spell and type. So some people here would have a hard time criticizing him. Beenemy, Benimeiy, Beinamey, Beeenamy.....  Wink J/K

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
its bieniemy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think and hope so as well.  One concern, if the Chief's go to the Super Bowl, maybe they offer Bieniemy enough to stay on board as Chief's OC similar to McDaniels and leave us at the alter if indeed he is the one Bengals want.

Plus his name is hard to spell and type. So some people here would have a hard time criticizing him. Beenemy, Benimeiy, Beinamey, Beeenamy.....  Wink  J/K

Coach Bean...

Lol a new Mr. Bean movie.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:58 PM)misspellingsSynric Wrote: Coach Bean...

Lol a new Mr. Bean movie.

If he is indeed our next head coach I'm all in favor for him being referred to as Eric B or E.B. or New E.B. (that last one is a joke gamers might get), just to avoid all the inevitable misspellings. We had it easy over the last 16 years with Marvin Lewis.   Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:51 PM)McC Wrote: Andy Reid has also said he's an expert in line protections and we could use some of that around here..

For sure, great thing to have in your HC. Would love to have him, won't be announced until the Colts beat them this weekend though i am sure. Also Truck just reminded me that Hue is not under contract so we cannot release him, he can go where he wants. Think we just gave him an interview out of courtesy, nothing else.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also Truck just reminded me that Hue is not under contract so we cannot release him, he can go where he wants.

Hopefully where he wants to go is no less than 500 miles from Cincinnati.   I've heard the AAF and XFL might be hiring.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think and hope so as well.  One concern, if the Chief's go to the Super Bowl, maybe they offer Bieniemy enough to stay on board as Chief's OC similar to McDaniels and leave us at the alter if indeed he is the one Bengals want.

IIRC, it's an actual NFL rule that a team cannot stop a coach from leaving for a higher position with another club. Now, i don't know if offering more to stay would break that rule, but I'd think the only way the Chiefs could keep Bieniemy is by offering him a promotion (the old "assistant HC" kind of thing).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If it is Bieniemy, they might be gunshy to announce it after the whole Indy/McDaniels debacle last year.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 04:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: IIRC, it's an actual NFL rule that a team cannot stop a coach from leaving for a higher position with another club. Now, i don't know if offering more to stay would break that rule, but I'd think the only way the Chiefs could keep Bieniemy is by offering him a promotion (the old "assistant HC" kind of thing).

Agree, as far as I know a coach can't be stopped from leaving unless under a contract that would do so.  Since Bieniemy is being considered and has been allowed interviews that must not be the case.  But the point I was making was that Josh McDaniels agreed to the Colts as head coach.  Then at the last minute, even after the Colts hired coaches McDaniels wanted, he balked and went back to the Patriots as OC.  He was not officially offered a promotion by the Patriots.  He just said, "screw you guys, I'm staying home." So until the coach is signed and is the office I'm going to wait to see what happens.

I don't think another potential head coach would do the same as McDaniels especially since McDaniel's agent at the time decided not to represent him after that. But you never know.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
It has been written and occurred: Taylor.
Reply/Quote