Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It starts in 2015...
Denny's positivity was completely phony and quite obviously inspired by the perks he received for the job he did.

His so-called positive threads were some of the most divisive threads that ever existed on those boards.

I think most people are aware of that. Well, looking over this thread, maybe not. Confused

Still, Denny isn't here, so maybe we should leave that in the past? I think these boards are off to a fine start.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I actually do not disagree with what Deny said in his post. I think we can win a championship as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I didn't find anything wrong with what Denny said.
Reply/Quote
Someone said Denny is registered here. Let's let him get a fresh start without having the Bengals overseeing everything he says and see if he's so positive. I personally never had a problem with what he posted. I rarely agreed, but it made for interesting dialogue with those who are/were extremely negative all the time.

Or maybe he's just what he appears to be, hell, I don't know.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:27 PM)djs7685 Wrote: ...at least, according to Denny. This guy makes the same prediction every single damn year, then claims that others need to "get over themselves" if they don't have a sunshine and rainbows outlook of the team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/38lhid/it_starts_in_2015_bengal_fans/?sort=confidence

His first Reddit post and he's already bashing people loldenny

What is Reddit?
Reply/Quote
You basically started a thread about Denny. I don't really think that's the way to go. Let's just have a fresh start here. Bengals.com boards are over. Let them die.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 10:12 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: What is Reddit?

Reddit is amazing. The community there is AWFUL depending on the sub though. Certain ones are extremely helpful, even for your every day life. I've learned more on Reddit in the last year or two than I've learned anywhere else in quite some time.

The Bengals sub is pretty bad.

(06-05-2015, 10:17 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You basically started a thread about Denny.  I don't really think that's the way to go.    Let's just have a fresh start here.  Bengals.com boards are over.  Let them die.

Like I said earlier, I saw this the same as people posting articles from other blogs and websites. I honestly thought people would be jumping to discuss Denny's recent activity just as much, if not more than they talk about the Cincyjungle or NFL.com articles regarding the Bengals.

Apparently I was wrong, but that's the entire reason I posted it. Just like anybody else that links to similar blogs, I thought the community would find it interesting and I added my own opinions like most others do when starting a similar thread. Meh, oh well.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 11:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What an awful life he must live; being optimistic every year.

He should stop enjoying being a Bengal fan so much.

Pshaw, I suppose next you'll want us all to envy Cubs fans who keep saying "THIS IS THE YEAR" from the time they learn to speak until they are on their deathbeds.  The interesting thing about Denny is wondering whether he tows/toes the company line because he works for the Bengals or if he works for the Bengals because he tows/toes the company line.

It's all words.  Cheap cheap words.  Watch, I can do it too.

BORT BORTLES is going to lead the Jags to teh SUPER BOEWL THIS YEARRRR I guarantee it.  Do you envy me for thinking this?  Or does it not count because we aren't Jaguars fans?  You can't take Denny seriously, but the amount of in-fighting people get into based upon their respective reactions to the guy is what is odd/amusing.  It's like turning off the weather channel when they call for rain because you'd rather hear the guy next door tell you it's going to be 80 degrees and sunny. Who cares if he's wrong and it's actually storming...the dude's happy and telling me what I want to hear!  Actually, maybe it isn't like that at all.

Who knows.  At any rate, you can't take a person seriously when he predicts great things year in and year out and neither acknowledges, nor seems particular concerned with the fact that he's been wrong x amount of times running.
Reply/Quote
There's nothing wrong with a positive attitude. I try and remind myself all the time to view the glass half full.

But there's a point where sugar coating everything and blowing to much sunshine up everyone's @$$ becomes insulting.

When you insult someone's intelligence with it, that's when it's bad. When the water was flowing over the forecastle on the Titanic, telling everybody it's all good doesn't work anymore !
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 11:12 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's nothing wrong with a positive attitude. I try and remind myself all the time to view the glass half full.

But there's a point where sugar coating everything and blowing to much sunshine up everyone's @$$ becomes insulting.

When you insult someone's intelligence with it, that's when it's bad. When the water was flowing over the forecastle on the Titanic, telling everybody it's all good doesn't work anymore !

I'm sure anybody on the Titanic that day would have preferred being a Bengals fan instead.  
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 10:23 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Reddit is amazing. The community there is AWFUL depending on the sub though. Certain ones are extremely helpful, even for your every day life. I've learned more on Reddit in the last year or two than I've learned anywhere else in quite some time.

The Bengals sub is pretty bad.
I think the people who post on reddit are generally idiots (the site as a whole) They are that stereotype of the elitist computer nerd that is above everyone else. The site has some very entertaining things in it though but I just avoid the comment section and the obsession with the uprooting/downvoting crowd.
Your right about the Bengals sub being pretty bad. I went and looked after your post and his post is the number one post on the forum there, so they obviously like him.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 10:54 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, as long as we're not putting words in each other's mouths, I never said he said anyting "offensive."  I said he seemed like a decent guy.  I was just annoyed by the pollyanish bullshit.  And, perhaps more importantly, I said that if we're going have Denny-centric threads, let's let Denny start them.  That's all.

Sorry natural leap when you say he posted bullshit and it got on your nerves. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 12:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Denny's positivity was completely phony and quite obviously inspired by the perks he received for the job he did.

His so-called positive threads were some of the most divisive threads that ever existed on those boards.

I think most people are aware of that. Well, looking over this thread, maybe not.  Confused

Still, Denny isn't here, so maybe we should leave that in the past? I think these boards are off to a fine start.

That's why you can't take it seriously and why I never understood how people got mad at it or annoyed by it.
Just about everyone does the same damn thing for their employers probably on a daily basis when in a situation where your boss CAN FREAKING SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. 

Now, I'd be interested in watching a game with Denny or talking "off the record" with him and seeing what he says. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 11:45 AM)GodFather Wrote: I think the people who post on reddit are generally idiots (the site as a whole) They are that stereotype of the elitist computer nerd that is above everyone else. The site has some very entertaining things in it though but I just avoid the comment section and the obsession with the uprooting/downvoting crowd.
Your right about the Bengals sub being pretty bad. I went and looked after your post and his post is the number one post on the forum there, so they obviously like him.

Some of the Reddit communities are absolutely amazing. Mostly the subs for very specific hobbies. A lot of the good subs have moderation that weeds out the trolls so you just have to find the right places.

The default subs are absolutely atrocious. I mean, it makes sense since those are the ones that every new member sees, so they're going to have the most idiots running rampant. You aren't going to see many trolls and idiots going out of their way to harass /r/bourbon, /r/buildapc, or /r/cordcutters for example.

On /r/bengals it's pretty much "Everything sucks", "Everything is perfect", or "Everything is perfect except for at QB". Not so much great dialogue goes on over there.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 11:49 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's why you can't take it seriously and why I never understood how people got mad at it or annoyed by it.
Just about everyone does the same damn thing for their employers probably on a daily basis when in a situation where your boss CAN FREAKING SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. 

Now, I'd be interested in watching a game with Denny or talking "off the record" with him and seeing what he says. 

I pointed out that I thought it was odd that he was allowed to identify himself as an employ of the Bengals and then engage in related discussion, regardless of his stance.  Especially weighing in on the whole Carson Palmer thing, whether he was applauding the franchise or not.  I worked for a professional sports team and identifying yourself as an insider at any level and then dispensing team-related opinions was expressly forbidden, but that's not to say it's the best course of action; it just struck me as odd.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 12:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I pointed out that I thought it was odd that he was allowed to identify himself as an employ of the Bengals and then engage in related discussion, regardless of his stance.  Especially weighing in on the whole Carson Palmer thing, whether he was applauding the franchise or not.  I worked for a professional sports team and identifying yourself as an insider at any level and then dispensing team-related opinions was expressly forbidden, but that's not to say it's the best course of action; it just struck me as odd.

I think "PR" and "spin" was sort of his job though. He was the "Chip Diller" from Animal House of the Bengals screaming "ALL IS WELL. REMAIN CALM" as shit hits the fan. 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 12:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I think "PR" and "spin" was sort of his job though. He was the "Chip Diller" from Animal House of the Bengals screaming "ALL IS WELL. REMAIN CALM" as shit hits the fan. 

Perhaps...a good PR person shouldn't come off as delusional though.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 12:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps...a good PR person shouldn't come off as delusional though.

after the last 20+ years, anyone positive about anything can often seem delusional in Bengal-land 
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 12:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps...a good PR person shouldn't come off as delusional though.

PR will almost always contain a certain amount of propaganda.  The trick is to not cross the line from uplifting to irritating. 

Most things are not all good or all bad.  The reasonable individual can recognize both sides.  But it's hard to do that if you have a predetermined stance on things.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He typed "Bengaldome" instead of Bengaldom. lulz

Maybe he was looking for naked pics of Tina Turner?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote