Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It sure was nice..
Watching the Steelers Bungle away home field advantage for the playoffs! I mean, talking about snatching defeat from the very jaws of victory, betting the house and losing, screwing the pooch, etc.

Thanks for the free entertainment, Steelers. You made my Sunday!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Watching the Steelers Bungle away home field advantage for the playoffs!  I mean, talking about snatching defeat from the very jaws of victory, betting the house and losing, screwing the pooch, etc.

Thanks for the free entertainment, Steelers.  You made my Sunday!

Shame because better coaching on how to tackle and a healthy Shazier made them a possible SB champ, now need lots of luck as not enough talent. But a sore Achilles on a 40 year old QB can turn to a rupture quickly. So a glimmer of hope for Shitsburgh. Brady has made the Steelers his little ***** so better pray Pats lose early. A Brady led team at Foxboro will spell doom for the dummies who lead with their head when they tackle.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Ya I kinda felt sorry for them......until I remembered who it was that got Bunglized. Then I laughed and laughed and still giggle from time to time today. Those poor, poor steAlers, losing the way they did, at home, and losing AB on top of that. Ouch, that had to sting a little. Just a shame. Poor fellas.

Priceless.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
They gag vs patriots like bengals gag vs steelers and in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Watching the Steelers Bungle away home field advantage for the playoffs!  I mean, talking about snatching defeat from the very jaws of victory, betting the house and losing, screwing the pooch, etc.

Thanks for the free entertainment, Steelers.  You made my Sunday!

Nothing was bungled. You need to understand the difference between what is "bungled" and what is merely a failed attempt.

Failed attempts happen dozens of times in a game.

There was no snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. James couldn't maintain control.
Reply/Quote
The amazing thing is the Pats tried to give it away first with about four WJ III sideline tackle attempts.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:45 PM)Vlad Wrote: Nothing was bungled. You need to understand the difference between what is "bungled" and what is merely a failed attempt.

Failed attempts happen dozens of times in a game.

There was no snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. James couldn't maintain control.

Already erased throwing an int from your memory, did ya?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They gag vs patriots like bengals gag vs steelers and in the playoffs.

Except that the bengals have an excuse...they suck.

Actually the Steelers gag vs Pats like the bengals gag vs any team in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They gag vs patriots like bengals gag vs steelers and in the playoffs.

No, getting beaten because you didn't make enough plays is way different from getting beaten because you lost your cool, decapitated a WR, and assaulted a ref. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Except that the bengals have an excuse...they suck.

Which is why we have to find joy in other’s disappointment. You do what you can.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:52 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No, getting beaten because you didn't make enough plays is way different from getting beaten because you lost your cool, decapitated a WR, and assaulted a ref. 

Or threw into triple coverage for no reason.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 09:24 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ya I kinda felt sorry for them......until I remembered who it was that got Bunglized. Then I laughed and laughed and still giggle from time to time today.  Those poor, poor steAlers, losing the way they did, at home, and losing AB on top of that.  Ouch, that had to sting a little.  Just a shame. Poor fellas.

Priceless.

No doubt a residual effect of having to play those slimy Bungles a few weeks ago. There just wasn't enough time to wash the stink and the lice off them, not to mention time to heal the open sores and nasty warts you get from having to tackle those guys.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Or threw into triple coverage for no reason.

Meh (putting the smack aside for 1 post) that play was there. It was gutsy and I liked it. They go to OT Brady scores the first time he touches the ball. But there was definitely was a missed jersey pull that allowed for the deflection that cost them that play. The refs just flat out missed it, but that happens. Not the reason they lost. That was mostly because they didn't have and answer for Gronk and specifically because Brad's bff Mike Mitchell royally blew it by totally selling out going for the RB on the 2pt play instead of rolling over and helping Davis by doubling Gronk. The WORLD saw the one on one on that play except Mitchell and he left Davis out to dry. It was a pathetic display. 

[Image: Q1jZjco.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:52 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No, getting beaten because you didn't make enough plays is way different from getting beaten because you lost your cool, decapitated a WR, and assaulted a ref. 

Not really, both are Losses.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: Except that the bengals have an excuse...they suck.

Actually the Steelers gag vs Pats like the bengals gag vs any team in the playoffs.

These posts brought to you by Sodium Chloride.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Not really, both are Losses.

Both losses. One the normal way, one the Bungal way. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:45 PM)Vlad Wrote: Failed attempts happen dozens of times in a game.

And many times in life....like when your parents attempted to raise a child to be a contributing member of society.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Already erased throwing an int from your memory, did ya?

Again, you need to learn the difference between what is bungled and what is a failed attempt.

Two bengals watched Laveon Bell run down the sidelines for a TD right in front of them.
One made a half hearted attempt to push him out, the other thought he was out and did nothing.
Bungled example #1

Bungling is the antics of Pacman and Burthdefect that caused the bungles to lose a playoff game...which incidentally was a prime example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
100% avoidable.

Bungling would be like fumbling the ball without being touched, or a WR dropping the ball he had already secured.
Recall a couple years ago Andy Dalton against the Steelers fumbled the ball while diving forward untouched... led to a bengals loss of course.

Then theres the New Orleans game from yrs back. Bengals winning  Fourth and 1 on the bengals 5.  Every Bengal D lineman knew Drew Breeze was trying to get them to jump offsides, and sure enough one of you bozos did. 100% avoidable.

Just a few I remember. The bengals are the kings of bungle.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 12:00 AM)Vlad Wrote: Again, you need to learn the difference between what is bungled and what is a failed attempt.

Two bengals watched Laveon Bell run down the sidelines for a TD right in front of them.
One made a half hearted attempt to push him out, the other thought he was out and did nothing.
Bungled example #1

Bungling is the antics of Pacman and Burthdefect that caused the bungles to lose a playoff game...which incidentally was a prime example of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
100% avoidable.

Bungling would be like fumbling the ball without being touched, or a WR dropping the ball he had already secured.
Recall a couple years ago Andy Dalton against the Steelers fumbled the ball while diving forward untouched... led to a bengals loss of course.

Then theres the New Orleans game from yrs back. Bengals winning  Fourth and 1 on the bengals 5.  Every Bengal D lineman knew Drew Breeze was trying to get them to jump offsides, and sure enough one of you bozos did. 100% avoidable.

Just a few I remember. The bengals are the kings of bungle.

Steelers fans obsessed with bengals. Why?

And who’s Laveon?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Which is why we have to find joy in other’s disappointment. You do what you can.

Absolutely. That is a non issue.
Reply/Quote