Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It wasn’t just Belichick...
For years I’ve heard on here how Belichick was the main reason for all the Pats success. The Matt Cassel season was often cited as proof that he could “win with anyone” or that Brady was just a “system QB.”

The old man is balling out down in Tampa. He just needed some actual weapons. Too bad they signed AB, or they would actually be kind of fun to root for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'll admit I was one of those people.

I was wrong.

I wanted those things to be true even if they weren't so I convinced myself of it.

Cams a good QB or at least better than a lot of people give him credit for.

Brady is an/the all the great.

I know when I wrong and I'll openly admit it.
Reply/Quote
Tom Brady is the GOAT for QB’s
Reply/Quote
Cam is who we thought he was.
Reply/Quote
They should have stayed together in NE and kept beating up on the AFCE.

New England would be fine with even a competent QB, let alone the GOAT.

Tampa is trying the NBA route by assembling an all start team, but there a lot more moving parts in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:42 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: They should have stayed together in NE and kept beating up on the AFCE.

New England would be fine with even a competent QB, let alone the GOAT.

Tampa is trying the NBA route by assembling an all start team, but there a lot more moving parts in the NFL.

The AFC East is no longer a cakewalk. Buffalo is really good, and Miami is on the rise.

Reply/Quote
Both Goats plain and simple
Reply/Quote
Bump

He’s going to his 10th Super Bowl. Ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 142674421_10219742241166007_585670987278...e=6032E331]
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
Weapons or not...its amazing that it is SB number 10 for TB. They do have am impressive blend of FA signings and draft picks too.
Impressive team and it will be even more intersting if TB goes on another SB streak run in his twilight yrs with Bucs? He shows no signs of decline
maybe thats due to having a supermodel wife and those PJs he was peddling??
Reply/Quote
In an article about how Tom Brady does it, he talked about his extremely strict nutrition and hydration regimen. Plus he exercises all year. People want to know how someone his age could still throw tight-spiraling missiles like he did yesterday the same way they wanted to know how Nolan Ryan could still throw 100 MPH in his mid-40s with no steroids and no Tommy John.
Reply/Quote
people forget what Bill put together in Cleveland before they pulled the rug out on him early in last season... Both are goats.... Bill won with Tom and little talent at times and now Tom goes to TB with talent and wins.. both Coach and Player are elite end of story..
Reply/Quote
I like the Nolan Ryan reference. That's the only comp in my lifetime to Brady's longevity of keeping his physical skills on point. Ryan was throwing gas til the very end.

Brady made the NE offense what it was but Bill deserves credit for the defense. Pats defense always overachieves.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 12:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For years I’ve heard on here how Belichick was the main reason for all the Pats success. The Matt Cassel season was often cited as proof that he could “win with anyone” or that Brady was just a “system QB.”

The old man is balling out down in Tampa. He just needed some actual weapons. Too bad they signed AB, or they would actually be kind of fun to root for.

i dont think there is a harder working player in the nfl than brady... dude grinds all year and has 6 rings to show  soon 7
Reply/Quote
I'll stubbornly (and perhaps erroneuously) maintain that Belichick is equally good a coach as Brady is a QB.

That said, to see Brady doing what he's doing and how he's doing it at 43 is just unreal. I know Brees and Manning were both injured towards the end, but Brady can still gun the ball compared to other older QBs you see. The guy is playing in his TENTH championship game. It's mind blowing to think about.

Right now, you can't really fault the Bucs, they have a good shot at a title. But what about 3/4 years from now? There is a price for going all in, and it will have to get paid.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 06:11 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'll stubbornly (and perhaps erroneuously) maintain that Belichick is equally good a coach as Brady is a QB.

That said, to see Brady doing what he's doing and how he's doing it at 43 is just unreal. I know Brees and Manning were both injured towards the end, but Brady can still gun the ball compared to other older QBs you see. The guy is playing in his TENTH championship game. It's mind blowing to think about.

Right now, you can't really fault the Bucs, they have a good shot at a title. But what about 3/4 years from now? There is a price for going all in, and it will have to get paid.

What did they really sacrifice though? They signed Brady and AB as FA’s, and only traded a 4th for Gronk. Maybe I’m forgetting some other moves, but I don’t really see how anything they did effects their future.

Reply/Quote
Yea if I won a Super Bowl I'd be more than happy to deal with any aftermath. Every champion has to deal with their players becoming more expensive after they win anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 05:30 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Yea if I won a Super Bowl I'd be more than happy to deal with any aftermath. Every champion has to deal with their players becoming more expensive after they win anyway.

I'm hip. Gimme those kind of problems.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Brady is impressive and it was not just Belichick, but Brady did wind up in a situation where he has the best skill players in the NFL.

WRs: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown
TEs: Rob Gronkowski, Cameron Brate, OJ Howard
RBs: Ronald Jones, Leonard Fournette, LeSean McCoy (even old he's still a heck of a #3 RB)

That's 5 Pro Bowlers, 3 of which have been All-Pros.

There's 1 guaranteed and 3 more possible HoFers that Brady has at his disposal (Gronk is a shoe-in, I think Brown will be in if this is his comeback for a couple years, Evans is certainly on pace for it with 2100 more yards than AJ had at his age, and McCoy will probably get in though unlikely first ballot.) Sure some of them are past their prime, but they're still threats and there's so many.

Also helps that the Bucs have the 8th scoring defense as well.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 06:11 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'll stubbornly (and perhaps erroneuously) maintain that Belichick is equally good a coach as Brady is a QB.

Bengals have not sniffed the playoffs for a long time and are laughing stocks of the NFL teams. There is also a price for not going all in, sadly we have witnessed it over and over and over again, it is called a loser.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote