Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It will be tough to go 0-6 over these next 6 games...
(11-22-2019, 02:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I don't blame him in the sense that he made a career move to get up into the HC echelon again, plus if he stayed here he would have just been jettisoned when Marvin walked away so the "new dey enema" could commence.  I can't really blame anyone for trying their fortunes outside of Cincy because other than Palmer going 4-12 in 2012 when we were one our streak it's not like leaving really came back to bite anyone in the arse.

At no point has anyone missed out on greatness or a ring by leaving the Bengals.  This really hits home as we watched Dalton take a team-friendly deal and play good soldier and get benched for his loyalty while Esiason and Palmer both bailed and at least got to get pummeled somewhere else.

word was at the time the bengals were offering him to be the heir apparent for when marvin left.  But he decided to take his shot in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 05:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: word was at the time the bengals were offering him to be the heir apparent for when marvin left.  But he decided to take his shot in Cleveland.

Yeah that was the word, but I doubt that would have actually happened.  The idea of Hue being our HC now is just hard to picture.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 02:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In the offseason, everyone always says I'm overly negative...and 'I'll see'. The 1 point loss at Seattle was validation that Zac had things moving in the right direction.

Now, I'm basically like...we might win 1 or 2 games TOTAL this year and most of the board is acting like I'm crazy.

The 1 point loss at Seattle and subsequent fall off the cliff is proof to me that Zac is a "formula" guy.  After one game of tape on how ZT likes to operate the rest of the league has been able to read him like a book.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2019, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: -Steelers @ Home - Without Roethlisberger, and likely Conner, Dionte Johnson, and Juju. And missing Pouncey.

-Jets @ Home - Jets are really bad. 3-7 (1-4 on the Road)

-@ Browns - 4 Wins. Their coach is clueless

-Patriots @ Home - Loss

-@ Dolphins - 2 Wins. IF we win some of the earlier games, the Dolphins may have a shot at the top pick...so we could lose. The Dolphins do look better than us now. I guess it will depend on who wants to lose more.

-Browns @ Home - See above.

It's REALLY hard to go 0-16.

Steelers win 27-0
Jets run all over the trash defense and win 34-3
Browns win 45-3
Patriots win 75-0
Dolphins win 21-3
Browns win 65-0
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 03:25 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The 1 point loss at Seattle and subsequent fall off the cliff is proof to me that Zac is a "formula" guy.  After one game of tape on how ZT likes to operate the rest of the league has been able to read him like a book.  

Our offense is VERY predictable.

On defense, they've tried some new things like moving Hubbard to LB and blitzing him. We'll need to see teams attach the edges before we can say it's all fixed.

That said, the last few games show the personnel is fine and that it was the scheme. Taking 10 games to improve the defense is infuriating.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our offense is VERY predictable.

On defense, they've tried some new things like moving Hubbard to LB and blitzing him. We'll need to see teams attach the edges before we can say it's all fixed.

That said, the last few games show the personnel is fine and that it was the scheme. Taking 10 games to improve the defense is infuriating.

I still think the personnel needs some work. They've still allowed very high passer ratings the past 3 games. Definitely need a LB or two and DB that knows how to catch a ball. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 09:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I still think the personnel needs some work. They've still allowed very high passer ratings the past 3 games. Definitely need a LB or two and DB that knows how to catch a ball. 

Absolutely. The defense needs 3-4 upgrades still.

A big-time safety would help this 2 LB scheme work...like Jamal Adams. We don't have that.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our offense is VERY predictable.

I personally think things like this are desperation moves by the coaching staff. Might have worked against the Jets, but good teams will work right around that. I can only imagine how a Brees Kamara connection would take advantage of that if they saw it.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 11:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I personally think things like this are desperation moves by the coaching staff. Might have worked against the Jets, but good teams will work right around that. I can only imagine how a Brees Kamara connection would take advantage of that if they saw it.

No doubt teams will use it against us.
Reply/Quote