Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"It"
When you really think about it there are so many movie adaptations of his books. Shawshank didn't even pop into my mind. I often forget Stand by Me is from the Body. The Running Man is his. Apt Pupil... Fairly certain they made a Tommyknockers and Needful Things.

11/22/63 on Hulu is f'n sweet too if you've not seen it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 08:13 PM)jason Wrote: When you really think about it there are so many movie adaptations of his books. Shawshank didn't even pop into my mind. I often forget Stand by Me is from the Body. The Running Man is his. Apt Pupil... Fairly certain they made a Tommyknockers and Needful Things.

11/22/63 on Hulu is f'n sweet too if you've not seen it.

Not 10 minutes ago I added it to the list in the Bad Guys Win movie thread...  Weird!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 12:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Best part about the movie is that it lived up to the hype, which is hard to do. Especially with an iconic villain like Pennywise who was played masterfully imo by Skarsgard.

Fully agree, they are a supremely-talented family and Bill was awesome; the opening scene was done splendidly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 11:05 AM)jason Wrote: Haha... Still can't give you rep I guess.

I wonder if they were Iraqi clowns.

Pretty sure I violated my double secret probation and got time added to my time out.

As to the topic at hand figured this would be as good a place to put this as any:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/gallery/every-stephen-king-movie-ranked/ss-AAroWIp?ocid=spartanntp#image=45

Totally forgot he wrote The Green Mile.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Another decent King book turned into a movie is The Green Mile.

I don't think I'm going to be able to talk the pregnant wife into seeing It. So I'll have to go by myself if I want to see it in the theater. I'm kinda waiting to see what some of the reviews coming back from you guys are saying. Sounds pretty good so far.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 11:55 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Another decent King book turned into a movie is The Green Mile.

I don't think I'm going to be able to talk the pregnant wife into seeing It.  So I'll have to go by myself if I want to see it in the theater.  I'm kinda waiting to see what some of the reviews coming back from you guys are saying.  Sounds pretty good so far.

Oh yeah, forgot about the Green Mile. I thought that was a great movie actually. RIP Michael Clark Duncan, I forgot he passed away few years back or so.

But yeah ''It''s a good flick for sure. Just go on youtube and look up It reviews, and vast majority if not all are all positive to great reviews.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
never finished the book tried but got bored put it down and maybe even lost the book at that point.

Ill go see this at some point Dreamcatcher was one of my favorites of his with the shining
Reply/Quote