Poll: Who Wins In The Wild Card
Bengals
Steelers
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Official: Steelers Vs Bengals Wild Card
(01-04-2016, 04:25 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: It's not in to top 10. With Dalton it is, but with any other QB that doesn't get the ball out as fast as Dalton it isn't.

That's because McCarron holds onto the ball for numerous amounts of time and  has happy feet while in the pocket.

Any offensive line is going to struggle if their QB holds the ball for enormous amounts of time.

Like tonight's game. Green Bay and Minnesota. Sure, Rodgers wasn't sacked as much. But he's a threat to throw while on the run. McCarron? Not at all. Coaches notice that so they're going to blitz him more and get in his face. They don't respect the deep ball.

It sometimes comes down to who's playing and how the defensive coordinator attacks. Teams are going to notice McCarron holds the ball while in the pocket and doesn't throw well on the run. So blitz.

With Dalton, teams have to take into the fact that he can run, throw on the run, and make quick passes. They're two totally different quarterbacks, so defenses are going to load the box and make McCarron try to beat them himself.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:15 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That's because McCarron holds onto the ball for numerous amounts of time and  has happy feet while in the pocket.

Any offensive line is going to struggle if their QB holds the ball for enormous amounts of time.

Like tonight's game. Green Bay and Minnesota. Sure, Rodgers wasn't sacked as much. But he's a threat to throw while on the run. McCarron? Not at all. Coaches notice that so they're going to blitz him more and get in his face. They don't respect the deep ball.

It sometimes comes down to who's playing and how the defensive coordinator attacks. Teams are going to notice McCarron holds the ball while in the pocket and doesn't throw well on the run. So blitz.

With Dalton, teams have to take into the fact that he can run, throw on the run, and make quick passes. They're two totally different quarterbacks, so defenses are going to load the box and make McCarron try to beat them himself.

The thing is... McCarron doesn't even hold on to the ball that long compared to other QBs in the league. People are just used to watching Dalton, who is one of the fastest in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say a part of the fanbase loves being miserable. Id say a part of the fanbase(Me included) is just tired of giving playoff games a different prep the week before and being let down. Like me I usually go to a bar spend money and get drunk watching the game. Then I go out and party it off. That costs too damn much just to lose. This year I'm really done getting my hopes up. What makes it harder this year is that I actually don't feel we should win this game at all without Dalton. I'll prob get a 6 pack and hopefully I don't turn off another Marvin Lewis playoff game at halftime.

With all that said I actually do have confidence in AJM to not make a mistake that losses us the game but I have no confidence in him putting the team on his back and winning it. My confidence in AJ Green is actually fairly low as well. He always seems to disappear in huge games that matter.

Hill and Eifert will have to win us that game IMO
Reply/Quote
The defense scares me more than the offense.

3rd down conversions/missed tackles/no pressure = Big day for Big Ben

Sure, we are #1 scoring defense but the holes were evident yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:33 AM)jeremydc Wrote: The defense scares me more than the offense.

What bothers me more is no 3rd down conversions yesterday, not one! This team is going to lose badly Saturday night if the offense doesn't fix this, which in my opinion all stems from the sub par offensive line that reared its ugly head after Dalton's injury. Andy was good at covering for them with with his quick releases.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: What bothers me more is no 3rd down conversions yesterday, not one! This team is going to lose badly Saturday night if the offense doesn't fix this, which in my opinion all stems from the sub par offensive line that reared its ugly head after Dalton's injury. Andy was good at covering for them with with his quick releases.

Another excellent point!  I just want to add that third down conversions are a lot easier when the down and distance isn't third and a light year due to stupid pre-snap penalties.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:33 AM)jeremydc Wrote: The defense scares me more than the offense.

You do understand this defense has only given up one passing TD to Ben this year and had 3 or 4 picks ....
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You do understand this defense has only given up one passing TD to Ben this year and had 3 or 4 picks ....

If anything our run defense scares me and our inability to make plays in critical situations..

BUT WE GOT THIS!
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The thing is... McCarron doesn't even hold on to the ball that long compared to other QBs in the league. People are just used to watching Dalton, who is one of the fastest in the league.

Not true at all.
Just simply not true. 

He might compare to bad QBs, or QBs who run often and move around to make plays (Cam and Russ) but no.....
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:10 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: AJM isn't ready. The offense is horrible with him on the field. AJM is 16/47 on 3rd down so far (2/7 vs Steelers,  4/14 vs 49ers, 10/17 vs Broncos (1/8 in the second half), and 0/9 vs Ravens). The defense is going to have to bail out the offense in the playoffs. We need to hope that DeAngelo Williams won't play next week.

Well he's going to be the QB, like it or not. And he's 2-1 as a starter with two of those games coming on the road in places where the Bengals have historically done poorly.

Reply/Quote
I think Ben has a big screen TV and a lounge chair here at PBS, he's so much at home. Makes me ill.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:34 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I think Ben has a big screen TV and a lounge chair here at PBS, he's so much at home.  Makes me ill.

Marv is 2-11 against the Steelers in Cincy.

He's a respectable 6-7 in Pittsburgh.

Ben hasn't been all that great in Cincy though. From 2009-15, he has 8 TDs to 6 INTs in 7 games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:04 PM)milksheikh Wrote: If anything our run defense scares me and our inability to make plays in critical situations..

BUT WE GOT THIS!

well sorry but the stats this year do not  back up your post.. nohing wrong with run defense especially with Burfict back
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marv is 2-11 against the Steelers in Cincy.

He's a respectable 6-7 in Pittsburgh.

Ben hasn't been all that great in Cincy though. From 2009-15, he has 8 TDs to 6 INTs in 7 games.

It's time to flip the script on the in Cincinnati stuff. 

I have a feeling... I HAVE A FEELING!!  Who Dey

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The thing is... McCarron doesn't even hold on to the ball that long compared to other QBs in the league. People are just used to watching Dalton, who is one of the fastest in the league.

Look at McCarron compared to pocket passers.

Do you see Carson Palmer holding onto the ball for more than 5 seconds? How about Peyton Manning?

They read the defense, set their feet, and throw.

McCarron gets happy feet and moves around in the pocket, forcing his eyes to stare down one receiver.

This offensive line is one of the best. Whitworth had a league low 16 pressures given up all season in tackles this season.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:51 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: They will target Eifert early because he's such a mismatch for them.  The Bengals should be ready for this, though.

And in true Bengals fashion, they will stop once they see it works because the Steelers will "eventually stop this" and we will go in another direction.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:25 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Look at McCarron compared to pocket passers.

Do you see Carson Palmer holding onto the ball for more than 5 seconds? How about Peyton Manning?

They read the defense, set their feet, and throw.

McCarron gets happy feet and moves around in the pocket, forcing his eyes to stare down one receiver.

This offensive line is one of the best. Whitworth had a league low 16 pressures given up all season in tackles this season.

Carson Palmer, and Payton Manning both have quick releases. McCarron is about league average right now.
Reply/Quote