Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F(&% you, Giants!!!
No, this isn't a sappy thread in defense of Tom Coughlin (although I am a little jealous of his two Super Bowls...he was a close second to Marvin in the interviews).

This is about the Giants absolutely crapping their pants in the New England game which came back to bite them. It was the most bone-headed loss by any team all season.

If they had won that game, the Bengals would be the #2 seed, with Denver the #1. The steelers(#6) would be headed to New England (#3) . The Bengals would be hosting the Pats if they won, or the winner of Texans/Chiefs in Round 2.

What a difference that one game makes.

I know, I know...you have to win games like the Texans game...blah, blah, blah. The Bengals finished 12-4, the same record as the other top two teams in the playoffs. They got a bye, and the Bengals didn't. The bye MIGHT have allowed time for Dalton to return. It just pisses me off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:45 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, this isn't a sappy thread in defense of Tom Coughlin (although I am a little jealous of his two Super Bowls...he was a close second to Marvin in the interviews).

This is about the Giants absolutely crapping their pants in the New England game which came back to bite them.  It was the most bone-headed loss by any team all season.

If they had won that game, the Bengals would be the #2 seed, with Denver the #1.  The steelers(#6) would be headed to New England (#3) .  The Bengals would be hosting the Pats if they won, or the winner of Texans/Chiefs in Round 2.  

What a difference that one game makes.  

I know, I know...you have to win games like the Texans game...blah, blah, blah.  The Bengals finished 12-4, the same record as the other top two teams in the playoffs.  They got a bye, and the Bengals didn't.  The bye MIGHT have allowed time for Dalton to return.  It just pisses me off.
All those "what ifs" will drive you crazy.  We can and will beat the Steelers Saturday.  They are very overrated.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:45 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know, I know...you have to win games like the Texans game...blah, blah, blah.  The Bengals finished 12-4, the same record as the other top two teams in the playoffs.  They got a bye, and the Bengals didn't.  The bye MIGHT have allowed time for Dalton to return.  It just pisses me off.

Considering the existence of this thread, I don't think you do know.
Reply/Quote
Or rather than cursing the Giants, why not say... "Why'd you lose to the freaking Texans, Bengals? Brian Hoyer and YJ Yates beat you!"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:51 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Considering the existence of this thread, I don't think you do know.

I guess you can't extend you mind back as far as that Giants game...That was a done deal.   I actually think it was a worse outcome than the Ravens blocking the kick of the Browns and returning it for a TD.

I mean, pitt got the luck of the Jets imploding against Buffalo.

New England got the luck of the Giants pooping their pants.

Denver got the luck of Dalton being out.

I sure hope Karma comes around to Cincinnati Saturday Night.  I don't even want to live here if pissburg wins that game.   I know there are reasons for it such as Dalton's injury, but I really, really don't want to have to live another offseason and another year of hearing how it doesn't matter what the Bengals do until they win a playoff game.  
Reply/Quote
This is the beauty of football. Every single second of every single play of every single game matters.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Blowing 3 halftime leads in primetime games is why we don't have the 1 seed.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:18 PM)J24 Wrote: Blowing 3 halftime leads in primetime games is why we don't have the 1 seed.

Ding Ding Ding  ..Exactly
Reply/Quote
I bet we all feel like fools now for rooting for the Patriots to beat the Steelers in week 1!
Reply/Quote
Lol you can't call the giants out on any of this. We should have won the Texans and Broncos game. And we could have easily prevented the Cardinals from coming back and scoring a quick FG. But all that lies ahead now is the steelers.
Reply/Quote
Every game is important, true. However, if your team wins their own games, it doesn't much matter who else loses.

Since we're playing hindsight, quite feasibly the Bengals should be the ones who are 15-1, right? I mean, if our coaching staff maintained that "lead foot down on the accelerator" mentality, then we could possibly have beaten the Steelers so bad in the 1st meeting that they would have been timid in the 2nd meeting.

Folks, winners are hated for a reason. They're not nice guys. They don't let up, once they have the foot on an opponent's throat.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
^The worst part of that is it's entirely in the coach's hands, if what we see is to be taken as true.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
"You guys really don't know when it's good or bad when it comes right down to it. ... And I'm promising you right now, you don't know whether it's good or bad. You really don't know, because you don't know what we're trying to do, you guys don't look at the films, you don't know what happened, you really don't know. You think you know, but you DON'T-KNOW, and you never WILL, okay?"
https://youtu.be/NHipzGL4dwM

LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: All those "what ifs" will drive you crazy.  We can and will beat the Steelers Saturday.  They are very overrated.

I think AJM will have to air it out. their secondary s the weak point 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:13 PM)Froob Wrote: Lol you can't call the giants out on any of this. We should have won the Texans and Broncos game. And we could have easily prevented the Cardinals from coming back and scoring a quick FG. But all that lies ahead now is the steelers.

Yes, I can.  It wasn't a matter of the Bengals losing to the Texans because Fat Andre was sidelined and JJ Watt would just find whatever side of the Bengals line Winston would line up on and destroy him.  The Giants game was over, done, and they F'd up bigger than life.  And the Pats got the #2 seed because of it and the Bengals got the #3 seed.  

I'm surprised that is seems to be OK for the Pats to lose to teams like Philly and the Broncos can lose to the Raiders, but the Bengals couldn't have a loss to the Texans. 

No one seems to get the point I am trying to make which is NEW ENGLAND WAS BEAT and they were given a gift.  And it cost the Bengals a bye.  And the Bengals needed it more than any other team.

Oh well, wasting my time explaining, I guess.  

Beat Pig Ben and his team of feminine hygiene products and it will all be forgotten.  
Reply/Quote
Personally I think it all played out the way it was supposed to, it's fate. Beat the hated Steelers to exorcise the playoff demons (probably inadvertently injure Ben's knee on his first pass play putting him out of the game), then go into NE with the weight off our our shoulders and play a very loose, effective game beating Belicheat to go to the AFCCG. KC beats Denver in the divisional round and we get home field for the AFCCG. We then complete our run to the SB by beating KC. It's Karma and fate all in one. At least that's how I see it....why not?

While we're at it we might as well just go ahead and win the SB. And who knows, maybe it will be against Carson?

Mike Brown then retires and Katie takes over the team and immediately announces the creation of a Bengal Ring of Honor. Marvin moves upstairs to the GM role and Hue takes over as HC. Lastly, Marvin co-author's a best selling book about overcoming adversity when thrust into an improbable situation under a dictating sports owner. When the book hits the stands Marvin is relieved of his duties and......wait, better stop while we're ahead.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 10:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I guess you can't extend you mind back as far as that Giants game...That was a done deal.   I actually think it was a worse outcome than the Ravens blocking the kick of the Browns and returning it for a TD.

I mean, pitt got the luck of the Jets imploding against Buffalo.

New England got the luck of the Giants pooping their pants.

Denver got the luck of Dalton being out.

I sure hope Karma comes around to Cincinnati Saturday Night.  I don't even want to live here if pissburg wins that game.   I know there are reasons for it such as Dalton's injury, but I really, really don't want to have to live another offseason and another year of hearing how it doesn't matter what the Bengals do until they win a playoff game.  
I live in South Carolina and win, lose or draw there's nothing that makes me want to move back to the frozen wasteland of Ohio during the winter. In fact about 30 years ago I nearly froze to death on I-75 in Cincinnati trying to hitchhike back to Dayton so even if the Bengals win 9 super bowls in a row there's nothing that makes me want to move back to the ground being concrete hard for 2 months every year. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:17 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Personally I think it all played out the way it was supposed to, it's fate.  Beat the hated Steelers to exorcise the playoff demons (probably inadvertently injure Ben's knee on his first pass play putting him out of the game), then go into NE with the weight off our our shoulders and play a very loose, effective game beating Belicheat to go to the AFCCG.  KC beats Denver in the divisional round and we get home field for the AFCCG.  We then complete our run to the SB by beating KC.  It's Karma and fate all in one.  At least that's how I see it....why not?

While we're at it we might as well just go ahead and win the SB.  And who knows, maybe it will be against Carson?

Mike Brown then retires and Katie takes over the team and immediately announces the creation of a Bengal Ring of Honor. Marvin moves upstairs to the GM role and Hue takes over as HC.  Lastly, Marvin co-author's a best selling book about overcoming adversity when thrust into an improbable situation under a dictating sports owner.  When the book hits the stands Marvin is relieved of his duties and......wait, better stop while we're ahead.

I like the sound of that other than the last sentence. Wink
Reply/Quote