Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting it's Pittsburgh
The Bengals haven't won a playoff game for over 20 years.
I think it would be so fitting if we win our first against Pittsburgh.
They've been our reality check for so many years.
Anyway, I'm really excited!
That's all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel the exact same way.
Go get em. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I said the same thing in 2005...just saying.
Reply/Quote
Saturday night will either suck really hard or be the greatest night ever.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I said the same thing in 2005...just saying.

You were a man before your time I guess.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You were a man before your time I guess.  

Here is the short story version.  It's 2005 and I'm in grad school and interning at an ad agency in NYC.  The Bengals have a chance to break their playoff drought (then, a still lousy 14 years) but they don't.  Also, the Steelers go on to win it all.  Also people keep saying "Hey Nate, you're from Pittsburgh...congrats on the Steelers winning!"

Oh well.  I guess it just bitterly amuses me that exactly 10 years later we are sitting here once again thinking "WOW how sweet is it gonna be to break our playoff drought against those dastardly Steelers?!"
Reply/Quote
End the playoff losing streak streak against the team that started it! WHODEY! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Well at least the Steelers haven't been that great in the playoffs the last 5 years... hopefully their trend will continue, and ours break. I just don't see that happening with Macaroni as the QB. The defense and run game will have to win this game for us.
Reply/Quote
Great stories aren't made beating up on patsies.

Unless you're some 11-5 Wildcard team going on the road to face a fluke 7-9 division winner, all playoff games are tough.
Reply/Quote
The D and run game can win this game. (D+The Run)-TO's=SB.

Winning this time of year is never easy. If you want to be champions, you can't have or make any excuses.

You play with whoever plays and you win the game. No excuses.

J. Hill looks like he is getting it going and the D is playing great and we're taking care of the ball. It looks good to me.

THE PAST IS THE PAST. THIS IS THE 2015-16 BENGALS. WE HAVE EVERYTHING WE NEED. THE MEDIA WILL DO EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO CHIP AWAY. IT'S JUST NOISE.

IF THE BENGALS PLAY WITH ENERGY AND WANT IT MORE. THEY'LL WIN.
Reply/Quote
If we give Ben all day to throw like last time, we won't win. Our front 4 needs to step up, and Paul needs to know when and when not to blitz.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Here is the short story version.  It's 2005 and I'm in grad school and interning at an ad agency in NYC.  The Bengals have a chance to break their playoff drought (then, a still lousy 14 years) but they don't.  Also, the Steelers go on to win it all.  Also people keep saying "Hey Nate, you're from Pittsburgh...congrats on the Steelers winning!"

Oh well.  I guess it just bitterly amuses me that exactly 10 years later we are sitting here once again thinking "WOW how sweet is it gonna be to break our playoff drought against those dastardly Steelers?!"

Welp. You were just 10 years too early. When we win Saturday.... I will need you to give me some Lotto numbers to play in 10 years lol
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:46 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: End the playoff losing streak streak against the team that started it! WHODEY! ThumbsUp

The Raiders?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:48 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: The Bengals haven't won a playoff game for over 20 years.
I think it would be so fitting if we win our first against Pittsburgh.
They've been our reality check for so many years.
Anyway, I'm really excited!
That's all.

10 year anniversary of palmers knee and now we have daltons thumb... (also occured in a steelers game)
Reply/Quote
Not going to lie, ive been pretty pessimistic about our chances to win this game. Then again I think back, at the history between these teams, and I cant help to think that if theres one team that we beat to get this god damned playoff monkey off our back, its Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:48 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If we give Ben all day to throw like last time, we won't win. Our front 4 needs to step up, and Paul needs to know when and when not to blitz.

Guenether appeared to dial up more timely blitzes and line stunts against Baltimore.   Seemed like it only nearly bit back on the overruled screen pass TD.  

However, our winning formula, especially against teams with great receiver depth like the Steelers, has been to rely on pressure from the front four and allow 7 to drop in coverage.  I think we are hesitant to call too many line stunts that might take us out of our pass rushing lanes when a mobile qb can exploit it.  I can't see us devolving too much from that formula, but it is the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:48 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: If we give Ben all day to throw like last time, we won't win. Our front 4 needs to step up, and Paul needs to know when and when not to blitz.

Yes and No.. Ben can get up the  blitz and Baltimore did what we did to STeelers.. gave underneath passes but did not get beat deep... Remember Ben has not been lighting it up against the Bengals defense.... we don;t need to blitz alot, we have done well all year with pressure from our front 4 and dropping 6 to 7 into coverage.
Reply/Quote
I was in Texas in 05 and had nobody except unsympathetic Cowboy fans around me telling me that I should root for Jerry Jones standing on the star..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bengals need to come out and play like a bunch of rabid dogs. Hungry for the win.
Reply/Quote