Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Official!!!
(02-05-2019, 06:44 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: An experienced DC hire, might be a front office safety net.

New, young, unproved coach... he is going from whatever responsibility a QB coach has... to being the face of the team. He could easily get overwhelmed with every thing required in that position.  Add the fact that he doesn't know our players, doesn't have all the staff in place, possibly needs to deal with Dennard and our TE situation pre-draft, plus add any draft role.... so having someone legitimate to reduce his load, might make everyone feel more comfortable. He wants to call plays as well, and you would think the whole, innovation thing, takes some time too.

Not to sure how much the HC gets involved with player contract talks? Probably Duke and Katie deal with them. 
Reply/Quote
My favorite quote from the presser. I think this shows just how different from Marv, that Taylor is hopefully going to be.

“Taylor was mum on any specific candidates, but said he wanted "great teachers, concise communicators, outside-the-box thinkers and people who are not afraid to deviate from the norm."”
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:08 PM)McC Wrote:   I would actually call this one of Mike's better days.

Ya know, I would too.  He mentioned what the fans wanted more than once.  How many times has he passively/aggressively told the fans to basically eff off?  He pretty much said that it was up to them to win the fans back, and this was the first step, the fans spoke (by not showing up to games), and we listened.  I was shocked quite honestly.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:13 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My favorite quote from the presser. I think this shows just how different from Marv, that Taylor is hopefully going to be.

“Taylor was mum on any specific candidates, but said he wanted "great teachers, concise communicators, outside-the-box thinkers and people who are not afraid to deviate from the norm."”

And if offenses are deviating from the norm, defenses have no choice but to follow suit.  That's the guy you're looking for, the guy who can fight back.  Are any of these older guys that guy?  Are any of them Wade Phillips?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Mike just comes off as tired and boring there’s no energy from the man who has his heart sunk into this franchise i know losing takes a toll and i know I’ve been knit picking but get hyped brother
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:08 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe Troy had a cold.  I know I do. 

As far as what Mike said and didn't say, I just think he was trying to not make it about him.  I would actually call this one of Mike's better days.

Agreed. I thought his response about Marvin was pretty classy. I’ll never accuse the man of being a bad human being.

Reply/Quote