Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Official!!!
(02-04-2019, 05:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: Its a new era boys! We've been waiting for this...embrace the ride!

Im excited!

That’s right. No reason to not be excited. Can’t wait for tomorrow I am so pumped!!!
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 04:50 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: this is great news.  very excited.

side note, from the pics of him signing...  anybody else get the impression all the furniture at PBS is from office liquidators?  mismatched bookcases and old ass chairs.  embrace that mikey.

That's it. We're doomed! Old(ish) looking office furniture has been the downfall of every NFL franchise. I'm done with this team until they get NEW FURNITURE DAMMIT!  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:16 PM)Takedown Wrote: That’s right. No reason to not be excited. Can’t wait for tomorrow I am so pumped!!!

As long as they still have that old(ish) looking office furniture there's absolutely no reason to be excited..  Wake up sheeple. Office furniture makes the team!  Coffee

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: That's it. We're doomed! Old(ish) looking office furniture has been the downfall of every NFL franchise. I'm done with this team until they get NEW FURNITURE DAMMIT!  Shocked

Hilarious 

Yep, same guy from same group that will ignore Taylor was flown into Cincy today by MB on a private jet. It can't be so they say, he drives a 90 Lumina.  Ninja
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Welcome Zac Taylor as Head Coach. Almost as official is a welcome to his Offensive Coordinator of the Callahan Family he is very familiar with at Nebraska, Brian Callahan. Not as official is Defensive Coordinator and how well Taylor does will depend on his choice here because Taylor and Callahan are Offense, but Bengals in dire need of huge Defense upgrade. Even Austin fired and Marvin taking over D still had D not all that hot, so the new D Coordinator has his work cut out for him. Especially the too many linebackers who can't pass cover, a huge weakness in the NFL wide open passing game due to rule changes. The secondary is not very good either. We don't have cover corners and the safeties are mediocre at best. Teams like Chiefs and Saints ate us alive, but so did Tampa and Cleveland. So Welcome Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan, but please bring in a good solid Defensive Coordinator.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:16 PM)Takedown Wrote: That’s right. No reason to not be excited. Can’t wait for tomorrow I am so pumped!!!

Why should we be pumped yet? I am happy we moved on from ML, but Taylor could be the next Belichick or the next Dave Shula. But more than likely, closer to ML.

I will wait to seat winning results, once I see the wins, then I jump up an down.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I guess I'm not the only person here who suddenly realized their mortality in all this with a HC younger than any of my kids. I almost felt good defending Marvin as we were about the same age, but that's out the window and now I'll be forced to defend a guy young enough to still be peeing his pants when my kids were potty trained..  Nervous

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why we I be pumped yet? I am happy we moved on from ML, but Taylor could be the next Belichick or the next Dave Shula. But more than likely, closer to ML.

I will wait to seat winning results, once I see the wins, then I jump up an down.

Marvin is gone, we got a new HC. Of course wins are important, especially post season wins. I’m not going to sit around pretending that this whole scenario isn’t exciting because well, we got what we wanted.. Maybe some wanted a different HC, this really shouldn’t have to be explained. Mostly everyone is excited about a new era.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: I guess I'm not the only person here who suddenly realized their mortality in all this with a HC younger than any of my kids. I almost felt good defending Marvin as we were about the same age, but that's out the window and now I'll be forced to defend a guy young enough to still be peeing his pants when my kids were potty trained..  Nervous

Just think if Zac lasts 16 years like Marvin, he will still be younger than Marvin is today.  Hell, he'll be younger than I am today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:29 PM)pally Wrote: Just think if Zac lasts 16 years like Marvin, he will still be younger than Marvin is today.  Hell, he'll be younger than I am today

You might know my philosophy on aging...or not.. Anyway, GET OLD OR DIE! There's no other options available at this time. When someone tells you they're not getting older you can rest assured there's a lie in there somewhere..  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why we be pumped yet? I am happy we moved on from ML, but Taylor could be the next Belichick or the next Dave Shula. But more than likely, closer to ML.

I'll be interested to see what he does.  Right now we can pretend he's a genius and will show up and do all the things were were mad at stupid ol' Marvin for NOT doing.  It's possible ZT doesn't like Ross, doesn't want to keep Dalton, doesn't think Auden Tate is better than Malone, etc.

Who knows?  Time will tell.  
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: I guess I'm not the only person here who suddenly realized their mortality in all this with a HC younger than any of my kids. I almost felt good defending Marvin as we were about the same age, but that's out the window and now I'll be forced to defend a guy young enough to still be peeing his pants when my kids were potty trained..  Nervous

True, but as I look back on 35, I was a manager and had been a manager since 33 and an assistant manager since 27.  The thing Supervisors early warned me in is avoid making promises. I think that is a mistake even older politicians do in making off the wall promises and then finding out they have to go back on them.  So promise little, as you will have to make changes and adjustments as needed.  35 is a good age for management. Not too young, and not ready for retirement.  A good age to start a long career in leadership.  Of course I was no NFL head coach, but I can say from experience that at 35 you have been around and not a kid peeing his pants either.  At 35 maybe a wife and children, a mans focus on life.  Plus the Taylor Family is a Football Family, as is the Callahan Family that seems to play into OC choice that is no secret.   So 35 is a good age, especially if Bengals trying to find a Head Coach to be here 10, 20, maybe 30 years down the road.  Avoid making promises, let your day to day consistency do the talking, and bring in a good Defensive Coordinator since Taylor and Callahan are more offense.  I'm 64 now, and I'm for some younger coaches. I have a gut feeling the game changed on older Marvin leaving him behind the last few years. Also he can throw out the old line of delegating authority. You can delegate job duties, but responsibility and authority buck stops now with new head coach.

Paul Brown was 38 when he started Browns. Sparky Anderson was 36 when he became manager of Reds. Good Luck Zac Taylor, 35.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:20 PM)kevin Wrote: Welcome Zac Taylor as Head Coach.  Almost as official is a welcome to his Offensive Coordinator of the Callahan Family he is very familiar with at Nebraska, Brian Callahan.  Not as official is Defensive Coordinator and how well Taylor does will depend on his choice here because Taylor and Callahan are Offense, but Bengals in dire need of huge Defense upgrade. Even Austin fired and Marvin taking over D still had D not all that hot, so the new D Coordinator has his work cut out for him. Especially the too many linebackers who can't pass cover, a huge weakness in the NFL wide open passing game due to rule changes. The secondary is not very good either.  We don't have cover corners and the safeties are mediocre at best.  Teams like Chiefs and Saints ate us alive, but so did Tampa and Cleveland.  So Welcome Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan, but please bring in a good solid Defensive Coordinator.

Bates is better than mediocre, and Williams led the team in INTs this season with 5.  Otherwise, I agree with you.  They need a really experienced and good DC to right that ship.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 03:59 PM)pally Wrote: let the new era begin!!!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/04/bengals-officially-announce-zac-taylor-as-head-coach/

Bengals officially announce Zac Taylor as head coach
Posted by Josh Alper on February 4, 2019, 1:57 PM EST

AP
Zac Taylor was the quarterbacks coach for the Rams in Atlanta during Super Bowl LIII on Sunday night, but he has a new title a little more than 12 hours after that game ended with a 13-3 Los Angeles loss.

The Bengals weren’t able to officially announce Taylor as their new head coach until the Rams were done playing in the postseason and they didn’t wait too long to finalize the deal. The team announced that Taylor has officially been hired on Monday afternoon.

“I am happy and fortunate to join the Cincinnati Bengals as head coach,” Taylor said in a statement. “This is a great organization with good people and a rich history, and I am excited to get started. I am looking to add to that history by setting high standards, and holding everyone here accountable to those standards. There is a lot of work to do, and this is day one. We’re going to attack every day with enthusiasm to get this team ready to go.”

Bengals owner Mike Brown “embraces new ideas and new ways to do things” and calls that a good thing along with the “offensive mind and background” that helped the Rams advance to the Super Bowl this season. The Bengals have scheduled a press conference for Tuesday to formally introduce Taylor to Cincinnati.

Woo Hoo!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll be interested to see what he does.  Right now we can pretend he's a genius and will show up and do all the things were were mad at stupid ol' Marvin for NOT doing.  It's possible ZT doesn't like Ross, doesn't want to keep Dalton, doesn't think Auden Tate is better than Malone, etc.

Who knows?  Time will tell.  

I will give him his PR based on the decisions makes resulting in wins and losses, not on him doing what I think is best to win.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:50 PM)Wyche Wrote:  Bates is better than mediocre, and Williams led the team in INTs this season with 5.  Otherwise, I agree with you.  They need a really experienced and good DC to right that ship.

The secondary overall was actually ranked seventh in the league by PFF.  So the linebackers/Austin really screwed over the defense badly.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-secondary-rankings-all-32-teams-after-17-weeks?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff&cjevent=0708cb7f28c011e9817d003d0a24060c
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 06:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will give him his PR based on the decisions makes resulting in wins and losses, not on him doing what I think is best to win.

We aren't going to know what we have in him as a coach for at least a season or two, so we're going to have to be a doing a lot of speculating in the meantime.  If 2019 isn't a promising season we are likely to see some players thrown under the bus rather quickly.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 06:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We aren't going to know what we have in him as a coach for at least a season or two, so we're going to have to be a doing a lot of speculating in the meantime.  If 2019 isn't a promising season we are likely to see some players thrown under the bus rather quickly.

Let's hope we win, winning fixes a lot of things including more fans for a real home field advantage

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: I guess I'm not the only person here who suddenly realized their mortality in all this with a HC younger than any of my kids.

Dalton's rookie year ('11) Taylor was still just a graduate assistant at Texas A&M.  He did not even have a coaching position at the college level.
Reply/Quote