Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Official!!!
(02-05-2019, 08:52 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Until I see otherwise my attitude about Taylor is similar to this line in a song by The Who, “New boss same as the old boss....”. This organization has an uphill battle to convince me they are trying to win. Right now it is all window dressing to me but I am keeping an open mind. Does everyone really think Mike Brown will stay out of decisions and spend good money on good free agents? His ego is too large to let this organization stray too far from his structure. I am not convinced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My excitement comes from events that are unlike the Mike Brown Bengals organization of old. The last year the FO is actually acting like a real FO should by Holding coaches accountable. We have been in a coma for a few decades now and looks like we are on the verge of waking up.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 09:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote:
My excitement comes from events that are unlike the Mike Brown Bengals organization of old.
The last year the FO is actually acting like a real FO should by Holding coaches accountable. We have been in a coma for a few decades now and looks like we are on the verge of waking up.

Jackpot!  This move is about as "un-Mike Brownlike" as it can get.  Props to the old guy for being brave enough to try something outside of his normal box.  (Maybe the kids threatened him with the rest home??)  LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I got stuck on "rich history".
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 12:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I got stuck on "rich history".

Well, our "history" is making Mike Brown rich(er), so he's not wrong.
Reply/Quote
Although most already know. Here's a link to provide you with different ways to watch the press conference in about 45 minutes:

https://www.bengals.com/news/how-to-watch-zac-taylor-introductory-press-conference
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Now that it's official, I am looking forward to this off-season more than any time in recent memory!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 03:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Although most already know. Here's a link to provide you with different ways to watch the press conference in about 45 minutes:

https://www.bengals.com/news/how-to-watch-zac-taylor-introductory-press-conference

That live stream is almost unwatchable
Reply/Quote
Has it not started yet?

Is it over already?

What's up?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Mike really couldn't splurge for a better connection at PBS to make sure the stream doesn't disconnect every 5 seconds? We only change head coaches every decade or so
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 04:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Has it not started yet?

Is it over already?

What's up?

Mike Brown is speaking at this moment on tv. He has a checkered black and orange tie. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Taylor was asked, since he was the last coach hired, if it made it harder to get assistants. "Not at all, we want the right people and want to make sure they fit what we want to do, and there are a lot of good coaches out there"
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 04:13 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: Mike really couldn't splurge for a better connection at PBS to make sure the stream doesn't disconnect every 5 seconds? We only change head coaches every decade or so

Yeah my stream on their site had no audio either. Facepalm

Then I forgot about the t.v., and tuned into channel 5 for it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I think we can comfortably say that Zac is excited

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yup, i like him. Like him a lot.

Reply/Quote
I keep going back to what Lap said about Zac's interview. "He blew them away. Blew. Them. Away."

He is The One. And we got him as a kid.

How much does he really need a former HC who was fired on his staff?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:55 PM)McC Wrote: I keep going back to what Lap said about Zac's interview. "He blew them away. Blew. Them. Away."

He is The One. And we got him as a kid.

How much does he really need a former HC who was fired on his staff?

Good point on the last part. And I love listening to Lap. He always seems to know a little bit more than what we’re told through Hobspin and any other media person who covers the Bengals. Exciting time to be a Bengals fan.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Two quotes from mike brown i found concerning today

“Troy isn’t here unfortunately” i wonder if he had disagreements with who to hire.

“This is what the fans want and what the players want” in regards to winning a championship but why didn’t he say this is what i want?
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
An experienced DC hire, might be a front office safety net.

New, young, unproved coach... he is going from whatever responsibility a QB coach has... to being the face of the team. He could easily get overwhelmed with every thing required in that position. Add the fact that he doesn't know our players, doesn't have all the staff in place, possibly needs to deal with Dennard and our TE situation pre-draft, plus add any draft role.... so having someone legitimate to reduce his load, might make everyone feel more comfortable. He wants to call plays as well, and you would think the whole, innovation thing, takes some time too.
Reply/Quote
Finally! Let the rebuilding process begin!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 06:31 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Two quotes from mike brown i found concerning today

“Troy isn’t here unfortunately” i wonder if he had disagreements with who to hire.

“This is what the fans want and what the players want” in regards to winning a championship but why didn’t he say this is what i want?

Maybe Troy had a cold.  I know I do. 

As far as what Mike said and didn't say, I just think he was trying to not make it about him.  I would actually call this one of Mike's better days.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote