Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Time! First 4 picks
Rd 1- Jabril Peppers- DB Michigan
       - Why not?  We'll be drafting pretty high this year.  Maybe the most electrifying player in this draft falls to us.  God knows we could use him in our defensive backfield.
Rd 2- Ethan Pocic- C LSU
      - Best center in the draft.  We seem to prefer SEC linemen so it naturally fits here.
Rd 3- Jaleel Johnson- DT Iowa
      - Hey, you know me....gotta have a Hawkeye in my drafts.  At times, an absolute monster in the middle of the line.  Unblockable, at times.  But does seems to disappear at times in the middle of games.
Rd 3- Marquis Haynes- DE Ol' Miss
      -  Is a natural pass rusher off the edge.  A new and improved Michael Johnson.
Rd 4- Mason Cole- OT/C  Michigan
     -  A guy who can play multiple positions on the OL.  

Alright, beat that. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 04:15 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Rd 1- Jabril Peppers- DB Michigan
       - Why not?  We'll be drafting pretty high this year.  Maybe the most electrifying player in this draft falls to us.  God knows we could use him in our defensive backfield.
Rd 2- Ethan Pocic- C LSU
      - Best center in the draft.  We seem to prefer SEC linemen so it naturally fits here.
      - Hey, you know me....gotta have a Hawkeye in my drafts.  At times, an absolute monster in the middle of the line.  Unblockable, at times.  But does seems to disappear at times in the middle of games.

Alright, beat that. 
Great job 

Like just about everything here except would take OT Cam Robinson in first and add Kicker Daniel Carlson after your last pick. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Really like this draft, although would've liked a WR/RB in one of the rounds just because of... injuries.

I like Jabril Peppers or Jonathan Allen in the first.

Ethan Pocic in the 2nd is a steal imo.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:20 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Really like this draft, although would've liked a WR/RB in one of the rounds just because of... injuries.

I like Jabril Peppers or Jonathan Allen in the first.

Ethan Pocic in the 2nd is a steal imo.

I'm really starting to believe in taking a RB early too.  Maybe in my next mock I'll try to find room for that.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 10:31 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm really starting to believe in taking a RB early too.  Maybe in my next mock I'll try to find room for that.  

Yeah, with Gio injured and Hill being so inconsistent..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Rd 2- Ethan Pocic- C LSU

Alright, beat that. 

1.  If we are going to draft a safety, I'd take Jamal Adams out of LSU over Peppers in a heart beat.  The only thing I will say is that if (more likely when) we are draft in the top 10 this year, I really want an edge rusher.  I think a true stud pass rusher would take this defense to the next level.

2.  Is Pocic better than Elflein?  I'm asking because I really want to draft a center and I really don't know the answer.  I've watched both play, but the one thing that gets me a little nervous is Pocic at 6'7"  
Reply/Quote
Rd 2- Ethan Pocic- C LSU

Alright, beat that. 
Hate peppers and Pocic, rather have elflien and peppers 1 pick off a tipped pass in his career? But last 2 are solid.
(12-09-2016, 01:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 1.  If we are going to draft a safety, I'd take Jamal Adams out of LSU over Peppers in a heart beat.  The only thing I will say is that if (more likely when) we are draft in the top 10 this year, I really want an edge rusher.  I think a true stud pass rusher would take this defense to the next level.

2.  Is Pocic better than Elflein?  I'm asking because I really want to draft a center and I really don't know the answer.  I've watched both play, but the one thing that gets me a little nervous is Pocic at 6'7"  

Everyone knows I LOVE elflien plus he is elite at 2 positions as opposed to 1. I think he is a better center for sure. First year as c, had 2 sacks all year.Also peppers has 1 pick in his career on a tipped pass, to stay with osu hooker has 6 this year. Even though he is not coming out there are much better options if we go safety this year, although I doubt we do. We signed both safety's through 2020. If Williams has another bad year, then we think about safety.
Reply/Quote