Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its easy to tolerate a guy when its the regular season
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQhtrZ__8Q

This was a beautiful interception and return by Eli Apple. I was at the game when he picked Pig Pen’s pocket. He’ll steal one from Matthew Stafford this week too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 06:39 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Go with the mindset that they will score and score a lot... because the Rams are just as good at any other team in the league. After you let that thought sink in, change gears go with the mindset that we can beat anyone and will beat them because we are gonna play them tough as heck.

If Eli gets beat, then so be it, but if we lose the game because of a taunting penalty or some crap like that by him, I hope he gets benched & released ASAP.

Thats the thing, if you are going to talk shit. You have to back it up like our Kicker did against the Titans.

I like your mindset here. Expect they are going to score tons of points cause they sure have the personnel to do so.

Our Offense needs to have this mindset anyways, cause if this is the case we are going to have to finally start scoring TD's.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: yep.  A lot of people can't deal with being proven wrong.

First of all even the best CBs give up plays to top WRs.  Jalen Ramsey gave up over 600 receiving yards and 3 tds.  End of story.

Second of all Apple is our CB2.  So please list all of the CB2 that never gave up plays to guys like OBJ or Kupp.

Like with you and the coaching staff?  Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: yep.  A lot of people can't deal with being proven wrong.

First of all even the best CBs give up plays to top WRs.  Jalen Ramsey gave up over 600 receiving yards and 3 tds.  End of story.

Second of all Apple is our CB2.  So please list all of the CB2 that never gave up plays to guys like OBJ or Kupp.

Right

That's the thing that some people just don't seem to understand. The very best/elite CB's get beat, a lot. This mythical CB that totally shuts down every WR on every play is a total fantasy. 

Apple has really come on this season and played well.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 06:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jlQhtrZ__8Q

This was a beautiful interception and return by Eli Apple.  I was at the game when he picked Pig Pen’s pocket.  He’ll steal one from Matthew Stafford this week too.

Eli was beat on this play.  He didn't get the int because of great coverage he got it because BB or Claypool f'd up.  Claypool had nothing but daylight if BB threw it inside like Claypool was expecting.  

That play could've just as easily been a TD for Pit.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 06:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats the thing, if you are going to talk shit. You have to back it up.

Yup !! and that’s why I hate the loud mouths. It’s so stupid.

Just do your job a la Awuzie 95% of the time.

Love that dude and his quiet class
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 03:50 PM)Housh Wrote: At some point Eli Apple will have to guard OBJ or Van Jefferson 1 v 1 and he will have to make a play. Its scary to think about but I have faith that this is the game Eli DOESNT drop the INT and CATCHES it.

Eli Apple has gotten shit his whole career and I think hes ready to change the narrative. This isnt a hope thread or a hypothetical thread. I KNOW for a FACT that Eli is going to make a play in man coverage in the superbowl.

More than making the big INT, he has been a very solid player in the secondary.  He got the flag to put KC at the two yard line, but made that HUGE tackle on Hill at the goal line to snuff any points just before the half.  

Hard to believe that in the three playoff wins, there have been six INTs by six different Bengals:

Pratt against the Raiders
Wilson, Hilton, and Bates against the Titans
Bell and Hill against the Chiefs

That is what is so special about this team.  It is just always someone making the huge play.  

I think Apple very well might make a huge play against the Rams.  Honestly, I don't think the Bengals would be here without him.  Waynes got the money, but Apple earned the wins.  
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 04:47 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think Apple will be on Van Jefferson more than OBJ or Kupp.

Awuzie - OBJ
Apple - Jefferson
Hilton - Kupp

Obviously things will move around here and there.

It is a good question.  I don't know that much about the Rams pass sets, but I would imagine that Kupp isn't the only one getting snaps out of the slot.

You can bet Bates will be helping whoever draws the slot WR.  

I always hated playing teams with a really good TE because it seems for decades the Bengals didn't know how to defend them.  Well, Flowers has been such a find, that has all changed.  I know Kelce had a good game, but he limited the big plays and really seemed to lock him down the second half.

Higbee isn't a prolific TE like Gronk or Kelce, but he is a solid mover of the chains.  Seems like they always look at him on third downs.  Hope Flowers is up to the task again.  
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 11:02 AM)Whacked Wrote: Yup !! and that’s why I hate the loud mouths. It’s so stupid.

Just do your job a la Awuzie 95% of the time.

Love that dude and his quiet class

Talk to your teammates. It is like with taunting penalty. Don't look at your opponent, go to your brother and get your accolades for a good play. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 04:01 PM)M.W. Wrote: Good post, he has done well for the Bengals.  Every time he misses an INT he still makes a play on the ball that normally results in an incomplete pass.  He has played well enough for sure.

All I have to say is how grateful I am that Eli was there to step in when Waynes turned out to be damaged goods.
This season could have quickly derailed without another good CB opposite of our best CB Chido. Eli stepped in and played better then probably 80 % of the CBs in the NFL and he stayed healthy and showed up for games!!  I do hope he keeps his trap shut going forward but so far its not super inflammatory locker room motivational stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all even the best CBs give up plays to top WRs.  Jalen Ramsey gave up over 600 receiving yards and 3 tds.  End of story.

I don't think that's really "end of story".

You forgot to mention 59.2% completion, 6.4 yards per target, 71.1 QB Rating in his coverage, 6.1% missed tackle rate.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 06:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: Like with you and the coaching staff?  Mellow

I was thrilled to be proven wrong.
Reply/Quote
Eli showed hill the quickest way to the turf when we needed a huge stop and he did it open field where hill is the most dangerous ain't worried about him.

He'll get a burned at least one by someone but he'll make up for it.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 03:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think that's really "end of story".

You forgot to mention 59.2% completion, 6.4 yards per target, 71.1 QB Rating in his coverage, 6.1% missed tackle rate.

Look like great numbers to me.

Where'd you get those stats?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 03:54 PM)basballguy Wrote: Look like great numbers to me.

Where'd you get those stats?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RamsJa00.htm

Under Advanced Defense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Eli making play before halftime against Chiefs was a huge part of what won the game for Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Will add that those who dislike Eli may get their wish because Eli played well enough this season to get a nice raise that the Bengals may not be able to match very easily.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 04:44 PM)basballguy Wrote: So what you’re saying is, you’re ok if he’s the reason they lose the game?  

“Awe shucks guys!  They’re great WRs!”  

The fact that you’re fine with him getting burned by a WR1 and WR2 should be proof to yourself he shouldn’t be a CB1 or CB2

I hope Eli plays great, I really do.  But I am not putting any faith in him being a reason we win.  I just hope he isn’t the reason we lose.

Eli isn't a shutdown corner. People expect our players to never give anything up. I get like that myself but the point remains he has been a part of some of the biggest plays in this playoff run. He batted the ball up in Tenn. to allow Wilson to get the pick and also tackled Hill short of the endzone before half. I may be wrong on this but was he the corner there when Pratt got the pick? If he was his coverage was good and was probably gonna cause it to be incomplete. 

Apple has had some bad plays this season and I've hated on him some. But as a whole his good plays have out weighed his bad and thats all you can ask.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is a good question.  I don't know that much about the Rams pass sets, but I would imagine that Kupp isn't the only one getting snaps out of the slot.

I always hated playing teams with a really good TE because it seems for decades the Bengals didn't know how to defend them.  Well, Flowers has been such a find, that has all changed.  I know Kelce had a good game, but he limited the big plays and really seemed to lock him down the second half.

Higbee isn't a prolific TE like Gronk or Kelce, but he is a solid mover of the chains.  Seems like they always look at him on third downs.  Hope Flowers is up to the task again.  

Flowers has done a good job taking on teams TE's. But he only played 9 snaps against KC only 13% of the 69 defensive snaps. So he wasn't really that big of a part of taking out Kelce in the AFC championship game. But we may need him against the Rams as we won't be doubling whoever they're TE. 
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 02:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is a good question.  I don't know that much about the Rams pass sets, but I would imagine that Kupp isn't the only one getting snaps out of the slot.

I was drunk during the Rams game so I dont remember but I swear it seemed like Kupp was slot ALOT.

Edit: I just watched a highlight video of the game and Kupp lines up everywhere. What I did see if hes a really really really good run blocker. I didnt know he was so good at that. On like all the Rams good runs Kupp was glued to a guy sealing him out the play
-Housh
Reply/Quote