Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Its too early to panic even for me....
Tiger

So if your like me the last week hurt but as a football junkie and Bengals fanatic its time for the week two game with some interesting story lines.

Can the offensive line take a step forward?

How will Zac react to a poor game one & a week of criticism?  
Zac's game management will cost you 2 to 3 games a season but we knew that already didn't we.

Who wants to see the Michigan men get more snaps...
Evans & Daxton

Just to name a few but these were a few hits that I caught throughout the week that were interesting so I hope you find them to be.

X&O's W/ Kurt
https://youtu.be/B32ROHKoW9M

Joe & Colin
https://youtu.be/9q7ji5Gl4Pg

Rock On
Reply/Quote
In the immortal words of Ian Fleming:

“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action”

If the team's performance in the Cowboys and Jets games echo what we saw on Sunday, then I'll worry. Until then, keep the faith, baby.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Probably won’t see a ton from Daxton this week. They are waiting to play him against the rams with more dynamic passing attacks and tge secondaryis getting spread out.

Would like to see more of Evans though
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 05:04 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Probably won’t see a ton from Daxton this week. They are waiting to play him against the rams with more dynamic passing attacks and tge secondaryis getting spread out.

At least 15 snaps for Daxton would be great even if its w/ all three on the field. He really flashed in the preseason and earned it. I thought Jessie was late on a few crucial plays but I understand that as well. The sack w/ Joe going down and Perine not moving so reminded me of the SB. It baffles me what they see in this guy other then maybe what we don't see in practices. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 04:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In the immortal words of Ian Fleming:

If the team's performance in the Cowboys and Jets games echo what we saw on Sunday, then I'll worry.  Until then, keep the faith, baby.

Tiger

I think we'll see a bit better but not what it'll be after week four and I'm just talking offensive line. They'll give up some sacks against a talented Dallas front but not seven but likely three .  I do expect Joe to bounce back though because him giving it away that many times will be RARE.
Reply/Quote
If we look the same as last week (so nothing changed) and lose to a Dak-less Cowboys?

Yeah. I’d say it’s getting close to time to panic.

This despair gets compounded by a still-rusty JB, piss poor O-line and an overall anemic O.

Especially if the Watson-less Stains, Rat Turds and Stoolers all continue to take care of business.
Reply/Quote
I personally never panic with Cincinnati teams. Doing poorly seems to be a trend except the Bengals last year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I thought we could lose week 1. After losing and seeing how it happened hurt because I knew we should've won that game. After a week to let it settle. It's early and as bad as things went last week we were in position to win. Without the kicking situation we win with the turnovers and questionable coaching decisions.

Having said that though this defense just like last year I think will play good enough to win games. So it's time for the offense to play up to the talent level they have. We need to take some pressure off of the defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 09:49 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I thought we could lose week 1. After losing and seeing how it happened hurt because I knew we should've won that game. After a week to let it settle. It's early and as bad as things went last week we were in position to win. Without the kicking situation we win with the turnovers and questionable coaching decisions.

Having said that though this defense just like last year I think will play good enough to win games. So it's time for the offense to play up to the talent level they have. We need to take some pressure off of the defense.

Pretty much my thoughts even though I thought we would beat Pissburgh by a large margin.

I underestimated how rusty Burrow would be cause of how well he played against the Rams in practice, tore them up pretty 
good. The appendectomy clearly was a bigger deal than what lots of us were led to believe. We got this game out of the way
and our Defense played great all game till they got tired carrying the team and the Offense and especially Burrow and the OL
played pretty great in the 2nd half, Volson and La'el looked so much better...

Not worried one bit how we fought back. Panic would only start if we just continued to turn the ball over against the Cowboys
and our team didn't show fight. Doubt this happens.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 04:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In the immortal words of Ian Fleming:

If the team's performance in the Cowboys and Jets games echo what we saw on Sunday, then I'll worry. Until then, keep the faith, baby.

Compared to the film, what a disappointment; one of the few Bond novels where the film is better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 05:04 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Probably won’t see a ton from Daxton this week. They are waiting to play him against the rams with more dynamic passing attacks and tge secondaryis getting spread out.

So they are waiting until the Super Bowl to play him?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 08:32 AM)pally Wrote: So they are waiting until the Super Bowl to play him?

Yeah. I meant teams with more explosive receivers that stretch the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 09:13 PM)Whacked Wrote: If we look the same as last week (so nothing changed) and lose to a Dak-less Cowboys?

Yeah. I’d say it’s getting close to time to panic.

This despair gets compounded by a still-rusty JB, piss poor O-line and an overall anemic O.

Soooooo ……. YES!
Reply/Quote
if they lose to the dolphins, then I might start to panic
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: if they lose to the dolphins, then I might start to panic

What about if they lose to Flacco and the Jets?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: if they lose to the dolphins, then I might start to panic

Interesting.  They look fairly good, they were decent last year and made some big moves for 2022.  Of all the games to lose that would freak me out, losing a prime time game to them wouldn't really cause an undue amount of concern.  Other than it being in Cincy, I don't see why we'd be terribly favored to win it.

Sure, that would make us 1-3 (probably....I'm still sure we'll beat the Jets for some reason), but that specific game wouldn't be a bad loss, per se.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:49 PM)OUatown Wrote: What about if they lose to Flacco and the Jets?

season is officially over if that happens
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: season is officially over if that happens

We'd need to pull our heads out of our arses and make hay against our division foes.  The Steelers beat us in Cincy, but they are clearly in flux and beatable, the Browns won't have a starting QB for another 9 games, and the Ravens....well, we need to keep getting help for them.

The whole division lost this week, all games they "shoulda won."  As Frank Stallone once sang "We're down, but we're far from over."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting.  They look fairly good, they were decent last year and made some big moves for 2022.  Of all the games to lose that would freak me out, losing a prime time game to them wouldn't really cause an undue amount of concern.  Other than it being in Cincy, I don't see why we'd be terribly favored to win it.

Sure, that would make us 1-3 (probably....I'm still sure we'll beat the Jets for some reason), but that specific game wouldn't be a bad loss, per se.

The problem is, we're outcoached in every game.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 02:54 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

So if your like me the last week hurt but as a football junkie and Bengals fanatic its time for the week two game with some interesting story lines.

Can the offensive line take a step forward?

How will Zac react to a poor game one & a week of criticism?  
Zac's game management will cost you 2 to 3 games a season but we knew that already didn't we.

Who wants to see the Michigan men get more snaps...
Evans & Daxton

Just to name a few but these were a few hits that I caught throughout the week that were interesting so I hope you find them to be.

X&O's W/ Kurt
https://youtu.be/B32ROHKoW9M

Joe & Colin
https://youtu.be/9q7ji5Gl4Pg

Rock On
There are only 17 games in a season everyone is important. Start 0-2 against teams we were a favorite in is reason to panic. Then add in the Offensive Line in terrible, Zac's coaching is terrible. Pollack should resign if he had an ounce of pride. Dallas said they would beat Cincy with a pass rush and they did. Look at week 1 Zac doesn't let the play clock run down in OT in the last minute of a game, and punts the ball to give Pitt extra time to score and beat us. That's crazy is don't happen anywhere but Cincy. 
Reply/Quote