Iv never seen a DE fall off at 23 years old as badly as Ossai
I think it’s insane how worthless Ossai has been this season

1 sack

7 tackles

Played in only 12 games

Doesn’t even play a lot anymore because Murphy took his spot

This is a legendary fall off for a kid this young

That Chiefs game really killed him

Lou isgetti heat now but i must admit it’s hard when the players you penciled in for a certain level of production don’t produce at anywhere near the expected production
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 06:01 PM)Housh Wrote: I think it’s insane how worthless Ossai has been this season

1 sack

7 tackles

Played in only 12 games

Lou isgetti heat now but i must admit it’s hard when the players you penciled in for a certain level of production don’t produce at anywhere near the expected production

If KC did him in, he was going to be a bust in the NFL and he played better in preseason also a sign can't take pressure of regular  season games
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 06:01 PM)Housh Wrote: I think it’s insane how worthless Ossai has been this season

1 sack

7 tackles

Played in only 12 games

I’m not sure how good you thought he was but I think it’s apparent you were probably overrating him. He only had 3.5 sacks and 17 tackles last season. Murphy has taken his role and snaps and been almost exactly as productive. I would hardly call this a legendary downfall lol
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 07:24 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m not sure how good you thought he was but I think it’s apparent you were probably overrating him. He only had 3.5 sacks and 17 tackles last season. Murphy has taken his role and snaps and been almost exactly as productive. I would hardly call this a legendary downfall lol

I get the stats aren’t impressive, but we were watching the games, and down the stretch Ossai was really popping off the screen. He was showing promise. People trying to say he wasn’t good last year by bringing up the stats are being a bit dishonest

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 07:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I get the stats aren’t impressive, but we were watching the games, and down the stretch Ossai was really popping off the screen. He was showing promise. People trying to say he wasn’t good last year by bringing up the stats are being a bit dishonest

If you read my post again, do you think that’s what I’m saying?
Reply/Quote
Doesn't one have to be good at some point to "fall off"?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Ossai just can't get his reps back from Murphy because Murphy is really starting to develop into a 3 down player. Like I mentioned in the other Ossai thread they have been using him as an interior rusher in passing situations and it as been understandably a wash. One specific play against the Steelers it was Ossai was the 3T rushing on a 3rd and medium that wasn't my favorite use for him because I felt a good bull rush from the inside would work better in those situations.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 07:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Doesn't one have to be good at some point to "fall off"?

He did fall off from being a low-impact player to being a no-impact player so technically the OP is right.
Reply/Quote
He was a 3rd round pick... hardly a lock to be a starter. You can't hit on them all.

As I've stated multiple times however it's way too soon to give up on him. If anything he's an okay rotational piece for cheap.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't understand why him and C.Sample are not getting more snaps this season. Both are Talented players but must not have the support from Lou!

To Housh's point at the end of last season(TB, BLT, NE)and during the playoffs Ossai had 20 pressures according to PFF. This year he only has 8! He is also only playing 19% of the snaps this year vs 32% last.year!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Is it a falloff if you're never good to begin with?

He was overhyped from the beginning.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 09:34 PM)QueenCity Wrote: He was a 3rd round pick... hardly a lock to be a starter. You can't hit on them all.

As I've stated multiple times however it's way too soon to give up on him.  If anything he's an okay rotational piece for cheap.

How about hitting on just one of the…Zach Carter….Ossai…Murphy?  Just one would be great 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 10:29 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: How about hitting on just one of the…Zach Carter….Ossai…Murphy?  Just one would be great 

From what the board is telling me sounds like Murphy may hit. 

Zach Carter was a lottery pick so I'm not going to put stock in that one. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I honestly think he needs a new start elsewhere. I truly believe the afc championship broke him in cincinnati

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
They need a more athletic edge to help Hendrickson. Trey is great but he’s a high motor guy that does it with moves and hard work. They need an edge that can be what we hoped Ossai would be - a speedy edge rusher. Murphy is a good athlete but still a bigger guy. I think they need a tweener/OLB type of rusher to give them some speed off the edge. A 245-250 lb guy who can run past the tackle. They are hard to find and valuable but I hope they can find a diamond in the rough in the draft.
Reply/Quote
I thought he showed a lot of promise in his first preseason and then he got hurt. Then he came back the following "rookie" season and made some splash plays, I felt like he could take the next step this season but it hasn't happened. I don't know what's going on with him. Did this preseason's ankle injury put him "behind" this much? I get Murphy taking his reps while he was hurt, but Ossai hasn't done anything on the field since being back to warrant getting those snaps back.

If he hasn't quite gotten over the ankle and / or it's something mental, maybe he can get his head on straight, come back next year and try and make the team out of TC? I'm not sure on his rookie contract status. Is he a FA or do we have him for another year?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 05:02 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They need a more athletic edge to help Hendrickson. Trey is great but he’s a high motor guy that does it with moves and hard work. They need an edge that can be what we hoped Ossai would be - a speedy edge rusher.  Murphy is a good athlete but still a bigger guy.  I think they need a tweener/OLB type of rusher to give them some speed off the edge.  A 245-250 lb guy who can run past the tackle.  They are hard to find and valuable but I hope they can find a diamond in the rough in the draft.

go big or go home and sign Josh Allen from JAGS in offseason and show us we are wanting to compete once again in AFC N
Reply/Quote
Sophomore slump year. He was a beast in college, he'll get back to form. He may not even be 100% healthy. And now people are saying he won't get his spot back from Murphy, but two weeks ago Murphy was a bum. Carter was a wasted pick at one time as well. Everybody can't be an All Pro all the time. I have not given up on Ossai yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2023, 01:20 PM)kalibengal Wrote: go big or go home and sign Josh Allen from JAGS in offseason and show us we are wanting to compete once again in AFC N

I think they tag him but that would be a great move. Maybe a couple of tag and trades and get him for Higgins?
This would reunite Tee with his college QB and bring Allen back close to where he played in college. Not sure how this would work but I think this would be a win-win trade.
Reply/Quote
I like Josh but we need INTERIOR rush in my opinion. Trey is strictly a RDE and doesn't move around. He's either rushing standing up or in his stance, but it is ALWAYS from the right side. Murphy and Hubbard would do just fine at LDE if we had a guy in the middle that pushes the IOL back into the QBs face. We need a guy who is a three-down player too. Not sure if that comes via free agency or the draft, but I would list IDL as a TOP need this off-season.
Reply/Quote