Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J-Hill getting on track?
He's only good when we run heavy packages and have Hewitt in.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 05:46 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: He's only good when we run heavy packages and have Hewitt in.

Or when he runs from any set but just hits the hole hard instead of dancing around the backfield.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:55 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I love both of em.

It would be interesting to see how many positive plays Hill had with Hewitt at FB. I can remember one great block by him today on a long Hill run. Hewitt is a great player. He definitely gets the run game going.

I wouldn't mind seeing more Hewitt and less 3 wide as we get into the cold months.

(11-30-2015, 04:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So what you're saying is we are back on the "Keep Hill, trade Gio!" wagon now? Ninja

I think that was more of a "Brad Wagon" than a band wagon. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 04:51 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So what you're saying is we are back on the "Keep Hill, trade Gio!" wagon now? Ninja

Whew this is a roller coaster ride. Hard to keep up with who we want to keep Ninja LMAO
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Or when he runs from any set but just hits the hole hard instead of dancing around the backfield.

^^^^^^^This!!!

It was nice to see him getting back on track.  Hopefully he stays on track and just keeps running straight ahead instead of dancing.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 07:21 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Whew this is a roller coaster ride. Hard to keep up with who we want to keep Ninja LMAO

These jokes would be mildly funny if there were actually a bunch of folks who wanted to trade Gio or Hill.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: These jokes would be mildly funny if there were actually a bunch of folks who wanted to trade Gio or Hill.

It was pointed more towards the trade hill thread.  Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:18 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: It was pointed more towards the trade hill thread.  Rolleyes

Gotcha. Guess I forgot about that silly thread.
Reply/Quote
Hill worked better with a fullback in the backfield. He works better with strong and I formations. As Gio works better in shotgun and pistol formations (though we don't do those as much as I'd like).

It all comes down to game planning and how to beat the other team. Gio is an all around dangerous threat while Hill is going to punish you and make you have to take him down, or he'll take you down.

It's about to be winter. So Hill is going to be a big work horse as the weeks go on. You can bank on it.
Reply/Quote
i-formation+Hewitt=Hill being "back"
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was a little surprised to see no one had started a thread about Jeremy Hill's performance today:

16 carries for 86 yards

His long carry was only 15 yards, but he averaged 5.1 ypc.  He also had a nice run after a catch for 14 yards and a first down.

I don't mean to say that he is 100% back to what he was late last season, but I saw some things I really liked:  

- He looked decisive
- He rarely went down from first contact
- He got "dinged", but kept coming back

Special mention has to go to one of the unsung heroes of this team, Ryan Hewitt.  He is an outstanding blocker, but also showed his versatility again with two catches for 29 yards.  He is one of the biggest bargains in the NFL.  An UDFA, he is a true "nuts and bolts" guy that helps this machine work.  

Also the offensive line needs credit for opening holes and keeping Andy clean all day.  I think the full week between games and getting back on that schedule is huge.  Great job!

Nice thread, i just watched the game and saw the same thing. Hill looked like his old self from last season.

Loved his vision, cuts and burst that were so common late last season. I know he did not work any less so i always
believed it was all mental. We have yet to see both Hill and Gio at the top of their game at the same time, could get
a little crazy if the O-line is opening up nice holes like they were against the Rams.

These 2 could definately be the toughest duo to stop in the NFL.

Edit: Oh yeah, spot on with Hewitt awesome player for the best bargain, UDFA. Same with Burfict of course.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 06:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Or when he runs from any set but just hits the hole hard instead of dancing around the backfield.

Brad is right here, Hill can run well from any formation. The dude was dancing and hesitating before this game.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice thread, i just watched the game and saw the same thing. Hill looked like his old self from last season.

Loved his vision, cuts and burst that were so common late last season. I know he did not work any less so i always
believed it was all mental. We have yet to see both Hill and Gio at the top of their game at the same time, could get
a little crazy if the O-line is opening up nice holes like they were against the Rams.

These 2 could definately be the toughest duo to stop in the NFL.

Edit: Oh yeah, spot on with Hewitt awesome player for the best bargain, UDFA. Same with Burfict of course.

Gio and Hill hitting their stride at the same time heading in to the final quarter of the season...sounds like playoff football!  What other team in the AFC can run the ball right now?  Putzburgh ran it something like 12 times against Seattle and four of those were fatass scrambling.  

Denver?  They ran it ok against the Pats.  New England?  I think they were counting on Blount, but their oline is in shambles. 

I love the way this is shaping up.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 09:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Gio and Hill hitting their stride at the same time heading in to the final quarter of the season...sounds like playoff football!  What other team in the AFC can run the ball right now?  Putzburgh ran it something like 12 times against Seattle and four of those were fatass scrambling.  

Denver?  They ran it ok against the Pats.  New England?  I think they were counting on Blount, but their oline is in shambles. 

Things are falling just right for bengals, if we can come out putzburg game with all our players intact, things should line up for us good. I'm worried about Mitchell in that game. 

Reply/Quote
Good. Maybe he read my thread? Seems like it to me. No dancing or swagging just hard downHill yards. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Maybe Hill is just going through a "Sophomore Slump" like Gio did?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is much better and more decisive making a cut following a lead blocker.
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 11:22 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Good. Maybe he read my thread? Seems like it to me. No dancing or swagging just hard downHill yards. Hilarious

So no need to trade?  Confused Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 12:20 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: So no need to trade?  Confused Rolleyes

If his attitude is like this past Sunday? I would more than welcome him to stay. But if he goes back to swagging and causing flags then yes. Only an idiot would be blind to the fact that he is not a good match with the humble personalities on this offense. But if he goes to work, and let just that do the talking, it will be greatly beneficial to all.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 09:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Gio and Hill hitting their stride at the same time heading in to the final quarter of the season...sounds like playoff football!  What other team in the AFC can run the ball right now?  Putzburgh ran it something like 12 times against Seattle and four of those were fatass scrambling.  

No doubt, it is looking good for our Bengals no question. Run the ball all the way to the Supe baby. Rock On

(12-02-2015, 10:37 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Things are falling just right for bengals, if we can come out putzburg game with all our players intact, things should line up for us good. I'm worried about Mitchell in that game. 

I am sure there will be quite a few dirty hits from those shitheads the next time around and Mitchell is
the guy i expect it from the most as well. They cannot play with us so they will at the very least try to
hurt some guys. This has to be expected with these dooshbags.
Reply/Quote