Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
J.T. O'Sullivan Breaks Down Burrow vs Chiefs
Great video of J.T. breaking down Burrow's performance. Enjoy!

Reply/Quote
What video?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 06:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: What video?

The video is embedded in the post. Are you not seeing it?
Reply/Quote
Nope.
Reply/Quote
Great vid. Didn't know JT was doing this. Thanks for posting.

I look at film of this game and keep getting reminded of the luxury we have in Jessie Bates. On the 70-yder to Chase, for example, JT points out how Sorensen turns his back to the sideline, which gives Ja'Marr & Joey an advantage from which he can't recover. It's a boneheaded decision- which Bates would never make- but even if he did, his athleticism (which Sorensen doesn't have) would at least give him a fighting chance to get back in the play. So even when he doesn't get to the ball, Bates' supreme CF range gives the Bengals defense additional margin for error.

Likewise, on the 3rd & 27 zero, the FS (again Sorensen) tries to play angles around the blocker- instead just occupying the passing lane- which gives Burrow a lane to make the throw. When the Bengals run their zero on 3rd & long later, Bates shows him how it's done. He's not worried about getting home so much as obstructing Mahomes, which leads to an incomplete pass. He doesn't get credit for any of this stuff but Bates' value is in the details.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 07:32 PM)tms Wrote: Great vid. Didn't know JT was doing this. Thanks for posting.

I look at film of this game and keep getting reminded of the luxury we have in Jessie Bates. On the 70-yder to Chase, for example, JT points out how Sorensen turns his back to the sideline, which gives Ja'Marr & Joey an advantage from which he can't recover. It's a boneheaded decision- which Bates would never make- but even if he did, his athleticism (which Sorensen doesn't have) would at least give him a fighting chance to get back in the play. So even when he doesn't get to the ball, Bates' supreme CF range gives the Bengals defense additional margin for error.

Likewise, on the 3rd & 27 zero, the FS (again Sorensen) tries to play angles around the blocker- instead just occupying the passing lane- which gives Burrow a lane to make the throw. When the Bengals run their zero on 3rd & long later, Bates shows him how it's done. He's not worried about getting home so much as obstructing Mahomes, which leads to an incomplete pass. He doesn't get credit for any of this stuff but Bates' value is in the details.

I have been trying to figure out what the call was on the second & long TD by Chase. It's a two high shell and looks like cover two to me but it could also be a read two. I've been trying to figure out who is at fault here because it just looks like Sorensen wasn't expecting the CB to release him. My assumption is that it is a cover two and Sorensen just dropped the ball. 
Reply/Quote
This was a fun watch! It's interesting to see people that didn't have the most successful NFL careers still have a deep knowledge/understanding of the game and/or their position. (assuming everything he said is true lol)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 08:15 PM)basballguy Wrote: This was a fun watch!  It's interesting to see people that didn't have the most successful NFL careers still have a deep knowledge/understanding of the game and/or their position.  (assuming everything he said is true lol)

Yeah, definitely an enjoyable watch. These guys still really know their stuff, even if they weren't able to execute it. Some of the terminology I am familiar with and knew what he was talking about but other stuff was brand new to me. His channel is great at learning more about the technical aspects of the game. 
Reply/Quote
Finally got to watch. Man, we have something special here. No wonder MB was crying after the win against KC. Sobby old bastard finally got his golden child and hopefully get's a SB for his Dad.

Reply/Quote
This is another really good breakdown video on Burrow.

https://youtu.be/dd33CLghVKY

Reply/Quote