Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J24 Offseason Mock
Three Things I want to accomplish  during this mock off-season

One- Improve the Offensive Line

Two- Keep the defense at their post season level

Three- Improve depth at the skill positions

Part One Cuts

1.) Trae Wayne's CB 11 million- Never has been Healthy here and costs too much money as a backup

2.) Trey Hopkins C 6 million- solid player but I think we can improve at the position for the same type of money. While also getting  Younger

3.) Samji Perine RB 1.5 million- Evans is a much better  3rd down back and the Bengals can find a cheaper back in free agency  or draft.

4.) Brandon  Wilson S/KR 2 million- Disappointing season as a KR last season  and doesn't really play on defense. We can find a replacement for him at a much cheaper price.

Trades

Tyler Boyd to GB for 2nd Rd pick (saves 7 million in cap space )

Why it works for us- Bengals save cap and get a top 100 pick in process.

Why it works for them-  Boyd is 100 catch,  1200 yard, 10 TD caliber player IMO. Adding  him with Adam's would be a steal for Rodgers and Packers.

Overall- I think highly of Boyd and think he would  be a significant loss for us. With that being said if this hypothetical  trade were to happen the Bengals would A.) Could use the money on an Offensive line and & B get a nice player with the Pick.

Trade  2

Bengals trade their 4th Rd pick to the Cowboys for 3T Osa Odighizuwa(scouting report later in mock)

Why it works for us- we get a 3T on a rookie deal

Why it works for them- They have a lot invested in the 3T position with Galimore, Hill, and Gholston as a end/Tackle. + there is talk of them drafting another 3T early in this draft. So getting  a 4th Rd pick for him(he was a third rd pick last season) would  be a win all considered. 

Overall- He was my favorite prospect in the draft last year and I think he could be a potential All pro player  for us at the 3T in the near future.  He started  off red hot last season and then fizzled out last season and was taken off on 3rd downs and in known pass rush situations.  If Dallas lost faith in him then he would rejuvenate his career in the nasty Nati.

Own free agents 

Jessie  Bates FS- 5 year 80 million (16 yearly)- Top post safety in the league 

CJ Uzomah 2 year 14 million (7 yearly) - Solid TE and Lockerroom leader

Tre Flowers CB 1 year 2.5 million- Long CB who can play SS. Very good at guarding  TEs

vet Min
Mike Thomas Wr
Brandon Allen Qb
Jordan Evams LB
Jalen Davis NB
Clark Harris LS
Kevin Huber P
RFA
Stanley Morgan Wr 2nd Rd tennor
Trenton Irwin Wr
Mitchell Wilcox TE
Wyatt Ray Edge

Outside Free Agents

Joseph Noteboom RT Rams 3 year 27 million (9 per year)- swing tackle for the rams hasn't  had many starts but has played well when given a chance.  Still only 26.
22 Role- Starting RT

Brian Allen C Rams 3 year 24 Million (8 per year)- Had a great season this past season but has had injury problems in the past.
22 Role- Starting C

Connor Williams LG Cowboys- 1 year 6.5 million- Up and down player that fits our system. High PFF grades but lead league in penalties with 15(10 Holding).
22 role- Starting LG

Maurice Hurst 3T 49ers 1 year 1.5 million- Gives us a much needed interior pass rusher
22 Role- Backup 3T

Kevin King CB Packers 1 year 2.5 Million- big lengthy CB who has had a much maligned Career in GB. He is a #3/4 CB who could start in a pinch.
22 Role- Starting  CB

Draft Trades

Bengals trade 31st pick to Texans for 35th and 68th Picks
Bengals trade 35th pick to Colts for 47th and 82nd picks
Bengals trade 82nd pick to the Saints for 100th and 118th picks

Draft

47th Pick- Tariq Woolen CB UTSA- Pros long 33 inch arms, fast 4.3, Wr ball skills , willing in run support. Neg- Raw and lack of high competition 
22 Role- Backup CB/Special teams 
Future- Starting CB
Comp- Athletic  Richard Sherman (Hopefully)

59th pick(Boyd trade) Alex Wright DE UAB- Pros- Athletic unicorn at 6-7, can play up and down the line, high PFF grades, Team captain.  Neg- Competition? Not a lot of sacks
22 role- competing for a spot in rotation
Future role- starting DE
Comp-Carlos Dunlap

63rd pick- Dylan Parham RG Memphis - Pros- Highly athletic, physical run blocking Neg- Small and lack of competition 
22Role- Competing for RG
Future- Starting RG
Comp- James Daniels

68th pick Darrian Beavers LB UC- Pros- Athletic for size, a modern-day  thumper with some coverage ability for his size + Pass rush.  Neg- man to man coverage 
22 role- Backup sam lb/Special teams
23 role- Starting Sam
Comp- Ahmad Brooks 

95th pick Alec Pierce  Wr UC- Pros - Size, jump balls, hands, route running, run  Blocking, Versatility Slot/Flank Neg- Deep Speed
22 Role- Backup/Special Teams
Future Role- Starting Wr
Comp- Eric Decker

100th pick Coby Byrant CB UC- Long, athletic,  physical CB, versatility Neg- #2CB on own team
22 Role-4th CB/Special teams
Future Role- 4th CB/? Starter
Comp- physical Tory James

118th- Brian Robinson  RB Alabama Pros- Smart, Downhill,  3rd down versatility both catching  and receiving  Neg-Ath ? Limited in route tree
22 role- 4th RB/Special  Teams
Future Role- 4th RB/Special Teams
Comp- Brian  Hill

135 pick traded to Cowboys- Osa Odighizuwa  3T UCLA Pros- long with 34 inch arms and 84 inch wingspan , only 6-1 so good with natural leverage, explosive, finishing speed Neg- only 285, strong start to season  but fizzled out at the End, not a NT
22 Role Starting  3T
Future role Starting 3T
Comp- Geno Atkins 

173rd- Zach Tom C/IOL/T Wake Forest Pros- athleticism, Versatility Neg- Size
22 role- Backup OL
23 role- 6th OL
Comp- Trey Hopkins 

208th- Reed Blankenship S Middle Tennessee ST Pros- Athletic, Ball Skills, Physical Tackler, PR ability Neg- Injury,  lack of Competition 
22 Role- 4th S/Special Teams
23 Role 3 safety  package/Special Teams 
Comp Chris Crocker 

224th- Demetrius Taylor DT Appalachian ST Pros- Pass rusher Neg- 6th year senior + Competition 
22 role- Practice  Squad
Future role- Nickel DT
Comp- Christian  Ringo 

250th pick Britain Convey Wr Utah Pros- Playmaker with ball in hands Neg- Size , Age
22 role - Starting PR/KR Backup Wr
Future role- PR/KR Backup WR
Comp- Andrew Hawkins 

Key Questions 

1.) Why no big name expensive Offensive  lineman? - I don't think its the style of of this front office to spend on one player outside of the organization. ( Talking 20 +million a year) 

1b.) Why no major  trade for an Offensive lineman? Personally I think trading away early draft picks for high level players is a highly risky proposition and an expensive one at that.  The draft is always deep and the players are Really cheap assets. I would never say never  though but it depends on the player.

1.C) Why sign those Offensive Lineman?Well both Allen and Noteboom were drafted by the Rams when Taylor  was there and Williams was drafted by the Piano Man(Who still talks to the Bengals). So familiarity I guess. I know it's not the most sexy list but it should get the job done. Which is want we all want.

2.) Who replaces Boyd?- It would probably be a committee of Wrs but I wouldn't  sleep on Stanley Morgan.  He got some snaps as a run blocker down the stretch and he had an impressive college career.

3.) That much for Bates?- I know some will balk at that price but in all honesty 16 a year will be cheap compared to what James and Fitzpatrick will get on thier summer extensions.  They are not  a lot of safeties that can cover the ground that he does as a deep safety. 

4) No Hill or Larry Ogunjobi? Originally  I had Hill signed but once I saw Hurst was a free agent I thought that would be a better and cheaper fit.(FYI I think Hill and Hurst would make a good 3T duo) Also if we could get a young player like OSA in a trade it that would be Awesome. 

Overall

What I love about this mock- I love that we got 6 picks in the Top 100.

What I don’t like? Seems like we will would  be redshirting a lot of players from the draft itself. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:52 AM)J24 Wrote: Three Things I want to accomplish  during this mock off-season

Part One Cuts

1.) Trae Wayne's CB 11 million- Never has been Healthy here and costs too much money as a backup

2.) Trey Hopkins C 6 million- solid player but I think we can improve at the position for the same type of money. While also getting  Younger

3.) Samji Perine RB 1.5 million- Evans is a much better  3rd down back and the Bengals can find a cheaper back in free agency  or draft.

4.) Brandon  Wilson S/KR 2 million- Disappointing season as a KR last season  and doesn't really play on defense. We can find a replacement for him at a much cheaper price.

Trades

Why it works for them-  Boyd is 100 catch,  1200 yard, 10 TD caliber player IMO. Adding  him with Adam's would be a steal for Rodgers and Packers.

Overall- I think highly of Boyd and think he would  be a significant loss for us. With that being said if this hypothetical  trade were to happen the Bengals would A.) Could use the money on an Offensive line and & B get a nice player with the Pick.

Trade  2

Bengals trade their 4th Rd pick to the Cowboys for 3T Osa Odighizuwa(scouting report later in mock)

Why it works for them- They have a lot invested in the 3T position with Galimore, Hill, and Gholston as a end/Tackle. + there is talk of them drafting another 3T early in this draft. So getting  a 4th Rd pick for him(he was a third rd pick last season) would  be a win all considered. 

Overall- He was my favorite prospect in the draft last year and I think he could be a potential All pro player  for us at the 3T in the near future.  He started  off red hot last season and then fizzled out last season and was taken off on 3rd downs and in known pass rush situations.  If Dallas lost faith in him then he would rejuvenate his career in the nasty Nati.

Own free agents 

Tre Flowers CB 1 year 2.5 million- Long CB who can play SS. Very good at guarding  TEs

vet Min
Mike Thomas Wr
Brandon Allen Qb
Jordan Evams LB
Jalen Davis NB
Clark Harris LS
Kevin Huber P
RFA
Trenton Irwin Wr
Mitchell Wilcox TE
Wyatt Ray Edge

Outside Free Agents

Joseph Noteboom RT Rams 3 year 27 million (9 per year)- swing tackle for the rams hasn't  had many starts but has played well when given a chance.  Still only 26.
22 Role- Starting RT

Brian Allen C Rams 3 year 24 Million (8 per year)- Had a great season this past season but has had injury problems in the past.
22 Role- Starting C

Connor Williams LG Cowboys- 1 year 6.5 million- Up and down player that fits our system. High PFF grades but lead league in penalties with 15(10 Holding).
22 role- Starting LG

Maurice Hurst 3T 49ers 1 year 1.5 million- Gives us a much needed interior pass rusher
22 Role- Backup 3T

Kevin King CB Packers 1 year 2.5 Million- big lengthy CB who has had a much maligned Career in GB. He is a #3/4 CB who could start in a pinch.
22 Role- Starting  CB

Draft Trades

Draft

47th Pick- Tariq Woolen CB UTSA- Pros long 33 inch arms, fast 4.3, Wr ball skills , willing in run support. Neg- Raw and lack of high competition 
Future- Starting CB

59th pick(Boyd trade) Alex Wright DE UAB- Pros- Athletic unicorn at 6-7, can play up and down the line, high PFF grades, Team captain.  Neg- Competition? Not a lot of sacks
Future role- starting DE
Comp-Carlos Dunlap

63rd pick- Dylan Parham RG Memphis - Pros- Highly athletic, physical run blocking Neg- Small and lack of competition 
22Role- Competing for RG
Future- Starting RG
Comp- James Daniels

68th pick Darrian Beavers LB UC- Pros- Athletic for size, a modern-day  thumper with some coverage ability for his size + Pass rush.  Neg- man to man coverage 
23 role- Starting Sam
Comp- Ahmad Brooks 

95th pick Alec Pierce  Wr UC- Pros - Size, jump balls, hands, route running, run  Blocking, Versatility Slot/Flank Neg- Deep Speed
Future Role- Starting Wr
Comp- Eric Decker

100th pick Coby Byrant CB UC- Long, athletic,  physical CB, versatility Neg- #2CB on own team

118th- Brian Robinson  RB Alabama Pros- Smart, Downhill,  3rd down versatility both catching  and receiving  Neg-Ath ? Limited in route tree
Comp- Brian  Hill

135 pick traded to Cowboys- Osa Odighizuwa  3T UCLA Pros- long with 34 inch arms and 84 inch wingspan , only 6-1 so good with natural leverage, explosive, finishing speed Neg- only 285, strong start to season  but fizzled out at the End, not a NT
22 Role Starting  3T
Future role Starting 3T
Comp- Geno Atkins 

22 role- Backup OL
23 role- 6th OL
Comp- Trey Hopkins 

208th- Reed Blankenship S Middle Tennessee ST Pros- Athletic, Ball Skills, Physical Tackler, PR ability Neg- Injury,  lack of Competition 
Comp Chris Crocker 

224th- Demetrius Taylor DT Appalachian ST Pros- Pass rusher Neg- 6th year senior + Competition 
22 role- Practice  Squad
Future role- Nickel DT
Comp- Christian  Ringo 

250th pick Britain Convey Wr Utah Pros- Playmaker with ball in hands Neg- Size , Age
Comp- Andrew Hawkins 

Key Questions 

1.) Why no big name expensive Offensive  lineman? - I don't think its the style of of this front office to spend on one player outside of the organization. ( Talking 20 +million a year) 

1b.) Why no major  trade for an Offensive lineman? Personally I think trading away early draft picks for high level players is a highly risky proposition and an expensive one at that.  The draft is always deep and the players are Really cheap assets. I would never say never  though but it depends on the player.

1.C) Why sign those Offensive Lineman?Well both Allen and Noteboom were drafted by the Rams when Taylor  was there and Williams was drafted by the Piano Man(Who still talks to the Bengals). So familiarity I guess. I know it's not the most sexy list but it should get the job done. Which is want we all want.

2.) Who replaces Boyd?- It would probably be a committee of Wrs but I wouldn't  sleep on Stanley Morgan.  He got some snaps as a run blocker down the stretch and he had an impressive college career.

3.) That much for Bates?- I know some will balk at that price but in all honesty 16 a year will be cheap compared to what James and Fitzpatrick will get on thier summer extensions.  They are not  a lot of safeties that can cover the ground that he does as a deep safety. 

4) No Hill or Larry Ogunjobi? Originally  I had Hill signed but once I saw Hurst was a free agent I thought that would be a better and cheaper fit.(FYI I think Hill and Hurst would make a good 3T duo) Also if we could get a young player like OSA in a trade it that would be Awesome. 

Overall

What I don’t like? Seems like we will would  be redshirting a lot of players from the draft itself. 

A lot to like, but there are some risks.
There will be (valid) concerns with 3T only having Odighizuwa and Hurst though.
If Hill or Ogunjobi could be kept as the starter with either Hurst or Odighizuwa as the backup, I think that'd make people more comfortable with DT.
Allen and Connor Williams are quality FAs that shouldn't break the bank. Very Bengals-type signings.
It looks like RG is going to be a competition between Adeniji, Carman, and Parham? Big worry there.
Noteboom is somewhat of a risk since he's never been a full-time starter, but as you mentioned, he has played well when he has played.
In 2020, he started 9 games, and he performed quite well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:52 AM)J24 Wrote: Three Things I want to accomplish  during this mock off-season

Part One Cuts

Trades

Trade  2

Own free agents 

vet Min
Mike Thomas Wr
Brandon Allen Qb
Jordan Evams LB
Jalen Davis NB
Clark Harris LS
Kevin Huber P
RFA
Trenton Irwin Wr
Mitchell Wilcox TE
Wyatt Ray Edge

Outside Free Agents

22 Role- Starting RT

22 Role- Starting C

22 role- Starting LG

22 Role- Backup 3T

22 Role- Starting  CB

Draft Trades

Draft

Future- Starting CB

Future role- starting DE
Comp-Carlos Dunlap

22Role- Competing for RG
Future- Starting RG
Comp- James Daniels

23 role- Starting Sam
Comp- Ahmad Brooks 

Future Role- Starting Wr
Comp- Eric Decker

Comp- Brian  Hill

22 Role Starting  3T
Future role Starting 3T
Comp- Geno Atkins 

22 role- Backup OL
23 role- 6th OL
Comp- Trey Hopkins 

Comp Chris Crocker 

22 role- Practice  Squad
Future role- Nickel DT
Comp- Christian  Ringo 

Comp- Andrew Hawkins 

Key Questions 

Overall

Green Bay is $37 million over the cap and they have to resign Adams.  I don't see them giving up a 2nd rounder for a guy with a substantial contract.  Also strange that we're overpaying Uzomah based on leadership, but then trading away our only veteran presence in the WR room.

Notebloom is a hard no.  He was good in spot duty last year, but pretty bad in '20 and terrible in '19.  For $9 mil APY, we need a solution at RT, not a hope that a backup can develop into a starter.

Osa Odighizuwa had a 48.5 PFF grade last year and we're counting on him to start?  Also strange that we didn't sign any name OL FA's because it isn't something the Bengals would do, but we do a pick for player trade to get him, which is something the Bengals historically never do.

Speaking of which, are 5 trades really realistic?

The draft is a mess of small school project players.

Sorry, but with as much cap space as we have and a full complement of draft picks, if the off-season ended with us going on hopes and prayers for the right side of the OL and us being decidedly worse at WR, 3 tech, and CB, I'd be pretty upset.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 02:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Green Bay is $37 million over the cap and they have to resign Adams.  I don't see them giving up a 2nd rounder for a guy with a substantial contract.  Also strange that we're overpaying Uzomah based on leadership, but then trading away our only veteran presence in the WR room.

Notebloom is a hard no.  He was good in spot duty last year, but pretty bad in '20 and terrible in '19.  For $9 mil APY, we need a solution at RT, not a hope that a backup can develop into a starter.

Osa Odighizuwa had a 48.5 PFF grade last year and we're counting on him to start?  Also strange that we didn't sign any name OL FA's because it isn't something the Bengals would do, but we do a pick for player trade to get him, which is something the Bengals historically never do.

Speaking of which, are 5 trades really realistic?

The draft is a mess of small school project players.

Sorry, but with as much cap space as we have and a full complement of draft picks, if the off-season ended with us going on hopes and prayers for the right side of the OL and us being decidedly worse at WR, 3 tech, and CB, I'd be pretty upset.

Based on what?
Only 2 sacks and 3 penalties in 633 snaps in 2020.
76.7 PFF pass blocking grade.

As for GB being $37 mill over cap: Yes that's true, but they'll make some cuts to free that up. The goal has to be to keep Aaron Rodgers, and the best way to do that is give him weapons. As such, I think some defensive players on big contracts are going to get axed, as well as Randall Cobb.
Cobb frees up $6.8 mill in cap.
Preston Smith and/or Za'Darius Smith will get let go.
Za'Darius would free up $15 mill in cap.
Preston will free up $12.5 mill.
Adrian Amos MIGHT be a candidate, as he'd free up $7.9 mill.
Rodgers might restructure some to help out, as he's set to have a $46.6 mill cap hit (holy moly).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 03:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Based on what?
Only 2 sacks and 3 penalties in 633 snaps in 2020.
76.7 PFF pass blocking grade.

As for GB being $37 mill over cap: Yes that's true, but they'll make some cuts to free that up. The goal has to be to keep Aaron Rodgers, and the best way to do that is give him weapons. As such, I think some defensive players on big contracts are going to get axed, as well as Randall Cobb.
Cobb frees up $6.8 mill in cap.
Preston Smith and/or Za'Darius Smith will get let go.
Za'Darius would free up $15 mill in cap.
Preston will free up $12.5 mill.
Adrian Amos MIGHT be a candidate, as he'd free up $7.9 mill.
Rodgers might restructure some to help out, as he's set to have a $46.6 mill cap hit (holy moly).

He had a 60.2 overall PFF grade.  If his pass blocking grade was that high, then he was a complete liability as a run blocker.  Also bear in mind that Notebloom has been on IR the last two seasons.  He can't stay healthy as a backup, let alone a starter.  At $9 mil APY, we're talking B tier starter money for an injury prone backup.  

GB will make moves, but Adams will reset the WR market and could become the highest paid non-QB in the league.  Plus, they have to get an extension with Gary done.  It would make a lot more sense for them to just use that 2nd on a WR.  
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 04:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: He had a 60.2 overall PFF grade.  If his pass blocking grade was that high, then he was a complete liability as a run blocker.  Also bear in mind that Notebloom has been on IR the last two seasons.  He can't stay healthy as a backup, let alone a starter.  At $9 mil APY, we're talking B tier starter money for an injury prone backup.  

GB will make moves, but Adams will reset the WR market and could become the highest paid non-QB in the league.  Plus, they have to get an extension with Gary done.  It would make a lot more sense for them to just use that 2nd on a WR.  

Yes, his run blocking was only 45.1 in 2020.
31.8 in 120 run blocking snaps in 2019.
He did have a good grade this past season though in both pass and run across 174 regular season snaps - 76.1 pass, 70.3 run.

I didn't realize Noteboom had been on IR, I just thought he was the backup and only was playing when Whitworth or Havenstein were out.
Being on IR two years in a row is definitely concerning.

I was not necessarily advocating him to be a starter, especially at $9 mill a year, but he could be a quality backup swing OT on a modest contract.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Part One Cuts

Trades

Trade  2

Own free agents 

vet Min
Mike Thomas Wr
Brandon Allen Qb
Jordan Evams LB
Jalen Davis NB
Clark Harris LS
Kevin Huber P
RFA
Trenton Irwin Wr
Mitchell Wilcox TE
Wyatt Ray Edge

Outside Free Agents

22 Role- Starting RT

22 Role- Starting C

22 role- Starting LG

22 Role- Backup 3T

22 Role- Starting  CB

Draft Trades

Draft

Future- Starting CB

Future role- starting DE
Comp-Carlos Dunlap

22Role- Competing for RG
Future- Starting RG
Comp- James Daniels

23 role- Starting Sam
Comp- Ahmad Brooks 

Future Role- Starting Wr
Comp- Eric Decker

Comp- Brian  Hill

22 Role Starting  3T
Future role Starting 3T
Comp- Geno Atkins 

22 role- Backup OL
23 role- 6th OL
Comp- Trey Hopkins 

Comp Chris Crocker 

22 role- Practice  Squad
Future role- Nickel DT
Comp- Christian  Ringo 

Comp- Andrew Hawkins 

Key Questions 

Overall

Trade Boyd to NE for Shaq Mason. That solves our RG problem and it gives NE a legit WR that they really need... NE knows how to draft OL so I think it's a good deal for both!!
Reply/Quote
PFF projects the following contract for Noteboom:
1-year, $4 mill.

Quote:Bottom Line:
Noteboom was a third-round developmental tackle when he was drafted, and he has had to sit behind starters on the Rams, but the starts he made in 2021 suggested he could be a viable starter in this league. It would be a risk for whichever team takes the plunge, but it's one that may pay off.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 07:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF projects the following contract for Noteboom:
1-year, $4 mill.

Or we could just draft Max Mitchell in the 2nd or 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 11:25 PM)pulses Wrote: Or we could just draft Max Mitchell in the 2nd or 3rd.

Mitchell has a lot to like, but he's not gonna be ready to start right away.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
You turned the 31st pick into Woolen, Beavers, Bryant, and Robinson. I think that would be a very good to great job. As far as I know, Woolen has two years of experience at CB. That makes him a boom or bust project in the second round to me. But, if he pans out that would be a great job.
Reply/Quote
LOL at people trading Boyd. What is the reason for that? We aren't cash strapped and he's a big reason why this offense works so well.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 02:42 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: LOL at people trading Boyd.  What is the reason for that?  We aren't cash strapped and he's a big reason why this offense works so well.

We're not going to be able to resign him + Higgins in two seasons. You trade him next off-season his Value goes down because he would want a contract extension or you let him leave during  free agency maybe you get a 5th RD comp pick back but for that to happen you could not add a free agent at his same price.

This is his highest Value so the front office should at least look at trading him. Obviously it's a risk though.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 03:28 PM)J24 Wrote: We're not going to be able to resign him + Higgins in two seasons. You trade him next off-season his Value goes down because he would want a contract extension or you let him leave during  free agency maybe you get a 5th RD comp pick back but for that to happen you could not add a free agent at his same price.

This is his highest Value so the front office should at least look at trading him. Obviously it's a risk though.

You don't make a trade like that when your super bowl window is open AND you have nobody on the team to replace him.  We are horribly thin for depth right now.

I'm also not convinced that we can't re-sign him.  It will be his third contract and the cap will be larger. 

Draft his replacement this year and see if it looks like it will work out.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 04:01 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You don't make a trade like that when your super bowl window is open AND you have nobody on the team to replace him.  We are horribly thin for depth right now.

I'm also not convinced that we can't re-sign him.  It will be his third contract and the cap will be larger. 

Draft his replacement this year and see if it looks like it will work out.

We have is replacement in Stanley Morgan. He already was getting snaps at WR this season, he had similar stats coming out of college to Boyd, and he had similar Combine numbers to Boyd coming out of the draft.

Secondly the Patriots did trades like this all the time with Chandler Jones, Richard Seymour,and Jamie Collins. So I don't understand the we can't trade this guy because we're in a Superbowl window argument. If you can get good value for him then do it
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 05:27 PM)J24 Wrote: We have is replacement in Stanley Morgan. He already was getting snaps at WR this season, he had similar stats coming out of college to Boyd, and he had similar Combine numbers to Boyd coming out of the draft.

Secondly the Patriots did trades like this all the time with Chandler Jones, Richard Seymour,and Jamie Collins. So I don't understand the we can't trade this guy because we're in a Superbowl window argument. If you can get good value for him then do it

Those two aren't even on the same planet when it comes to WRs.  

A second rounder is not a good value for him and it would be a major blow to our passing game.  If he was that comparable to Boyd, he would be getting more action in sub packages.  He's just not even close.

Theres no point in trading one of your core players unless you have a great backup plan or a guy that can step in.  We have neither.
Reply/Quote
The Boyd trade is the only thing I don't like, love the FA and the Draft. Especially the Bearcats 3 picks in a row lol
Reply/Quote

Part One Cuts

Trades

Trade  2

Own free agents 

vet Min
Mike Thomas Wr
Brandon Allen Qb
Jordan Evams LB
Jalen Davis NB
Clark Harris LS
Kevin Huber P
RFA
Trenton Irwin Wr
Mitchell Wilcox TE
Wyatt Ray Edge

Outside Free Agents

22 Role- Starting RT

22 Role- Starting C

22 role- Starting LG

22 Role- Backup 3T

22 Role- Starting  CB

Draft Trades

Draft

Future- Starting CB

Future role- starting DE
Comp-Carlos Dunlap

22Role- Competing for RG
Future- Starting RG
Comp- James Daniels

23 role- Starting Sam
Comp- Ahmad Brooks 

Future Role- Starting Wr
Comp- Eric Decker

Comp- Brian  Hill

22 Role Starting  3T
Future role Starting 3T
Comp- Geno Atkins 

22 role- Backup OL
23 role- 6th OL
Comp- Trey Hopkins 

Comp Chris Crocker 

22 role- Practice  Squad
Future role- Nickel DT
Comp- Christian  Ringo 

Comp- Andrew Hawkins 

Key Questions 

Overall

Tiger

Love the Connor Williams addition I believe that he can be fundamentally changed with the right coaching and at low ticket price. It wouldn't be a surprise to me if they sign him first. 
Reply/Quote

Part One Cuts

Trades

Trade  2

Own free agents 

vet Min
Mike Thomas Wr
Brandon Allen Qb
Jordan Evams LB
Jalen Davis NB
Clark Harris LS
Kevin Huber P
RFA
Trenton Irwin Wr
Mitchell Wilcox TE
Wyatt Ray Edge

Outside Free Agents

22 Role- Starting RT

22 Role- Starting C

22 role- Starting LG

22 Role- Backup 3T

22 Role- Starting  CB

Draft Trades

Draft

Future- Starting CB

Future role- starting DE
Comp-Carlos Dunlap

22Role- Competing for RG
Future- Starting RG
Comp- James Daniels

23 role- Starting Sam
Comp- Ahmad Brooks 

Future Role- Starting Wr
Comp- Eric Decker

Comp- Brian  Hill

22 Role Starting  3T
Future role Starting 3T
Comp- Geno Atkins 

22 role- Backup OL
23 role- 6th OL
Comp- Trey Hopkins 

Comp Chris Crocker 

22 role- Practice  Squad
Future role- Nickel DT
Comp- Christian  Ringo 

Comp- Andrew Hawkins 

Key Questions 

Overall

Spotrac has Connor Williams market value at 13.2 million . Their is absolutely no way in gods green earth he is gonna sign for half of that...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/connor-williams-25149/market-value/
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2022, 06:24 PM)pulses Wrote: Spotrac has Connor Williams market value at 13.2 million . Their is absolutely no way in gods green earth he is gonna sign for half of that...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/connor-williams-25149/market-value/

He lead the league in penalties and was benched last season. It would be very surprising if he were to get 13 million a year
J24

Reply/Quote