Maurice Alexander NB
Quinton Spain G

FA Signings-
Joe Thuney G NE(PFF grade 71)
Daryl Williams T Buffalo(PFF grade 77)
Trent Murphy DE (PFF grade 64.8)

Trades
Carl Lawson(tag) traded for 2021 2nd Rd pick  LV Raiders
3rd Overall pick traded to Miami for (Hst 2021 1st), 2021 2nd Rd pick(HST), 2021 2nd RD pick(MIA), and 2022 MIA 2nd RD pick
Bengal swap 2nd Rd picks with NO to get an extra third RD pick in 2021

Draft(12 picks 7 in top 100)
1st- Calab Farley CB VT
2nd- Jaylen Twyman 3T PITT
2b.) Rondale Moore WR Purdue
2c.)Aiden Hutchinson DE Michigan
2d.) Chris Rumph Edge Duke
3rd.) Tylan Wallace WR OK ST
3B.)Isralel Mukuamu CB South Carolina
4th.) Osa Odwigunza  3t/End UCLA
5th.)James Wiggins S UC
6th.)Landon Young OT Kentucky
7.)Rico Bussey WR Hawaii
7B.) Reed Blankenship S Middle Tennessee ST.

August Extensions
Jessie Bates FS
Sam Hubbard DE
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 06:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Cuts-
CJ Uz TE
Bobby Hart RT
Xavier Fulia G
(13 million cap gain)

FA Loses(Major)-
William Jackson CB
Brandon Wilson FS
John Ross WR
AJ Green WR
Shawn Williams SS

Re signings
Maurice Alexander NB
Quinton Spain G

FA Signings-

Trades
3rd Overall pick traded to Miami for (Hst 2021 1st), 2021 2nd Rd pick(HST), 2021 2nd RD pick(MIA), and 2022 MIA 2nd RD pick

1st- Calab Farley CB VT
5th.)James Wiggins S UC
7.)Rico Bussey WR Hawaii

August Extensions
Jessie Bates FS
Sam Hubbard DE

Can u explain some of these cap things for me? Bc not seeing how we make this work with 31 million in cap(taking away 10 million for rollover)
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 07:52 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Can u explain some of these cap things for me? Bc not seeing how we make this work with 31 million in cap(taking away 10 million for rollover)

Roll over + Cuts = around 54 million in cap space and that's if the Cap stays at @ 175 this year. 175 is worse case scenario though and in all likelihood because of new TV money + the NFL PA not wanting to screw over this year's free agents were probably looking at a cap freeze of 198 like this season. So add 23 million more dollars to it and we end up with 77 million in cap space in all likelihood. 
Anyways front offices are pretty clever about how to make contracts work so I don't this is a improbable ask of the front office even if we stay at 175 cap space.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 06:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Cuts-
CJ Uz TE
Bobby Hart RT
Xavier Fulia G
(13 million cap gain)

FA Loses(Major)-
William Jackson CB
Brandon Wilson FS
John Ross WR
AJ Green WR
Shawn Williams SS

Re signings
Maurice Alexander NB
Quinton Spain G

FA Signings-

Trades

1st- Calab Farley CB VT
5th.)James Wiggins S UC
7.)Rico Bussey WR Hawaii

August Extensions
Jessie Bates FS
Sam Hubbard DE

Bolded is a no for me. 

Otherwise, i like where you head is at. Only critique for cuts is Geno should be cut imo. 

Your trade also seems very light for the Bengals for draft picks
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2020, 10:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Bolded is a no for me. 

Otherwise, i like where you head is at. Only critique for cuts is Geno should be cut imo. 

Your trade also seems very light for the Bengals for draft picks

UZ is coming off a major Achilles injury and Bobby Hart is replaceable at RT so that's why I'm gett rid of those two. As for Jackson and Wilson I would want to re-sign them but both are going to be more expensive than what they are worth. 

As for Geno my hope is that a new staff will give him an actual chance to play. I don't think he is done and the problem with him is the coaching staff not giving him an opportunity. Plus he is a good mentor for young players.

As for the trades I would rather undersell then over sell. While I think the third overall pick and Carl Lawson are worth first rd picks I just don't see a team giving that up for them. Plus second Rd picks are usually expected starters.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 02:07 PM)J24 Wrote: UZ is coming off a major Achilles injury and Bobby Hart is replaceable at RT so that's why I'm gett rid of those two. As for Jackson and Wilson I would want to re-sign them but both are going to be more expensive than what they are worth. 

As for Geno my hope is that a new staff will give him an actual chance to play. I don't think he is done and the problem with him is the coaching staff not giving him an opportunity. Plus he is a good mentor for young players.

As for the trades I would rather undersell then over sell. While I think the third overall pick and Carl Lawson are worth first rd picks I just don't see a team giving that up for them. Plus second Rd picks are usually expected starters.

Yea, but you can recover from achilles injuries. It does take a while, but he's a serviceable TE. Bobby Hart would hopefully provide depth -- something we haven't had in forever. Only reason I keep Jackson is because we have no other CB besides trae waynes, but he's also injured. Youi cannot have enough CB depth. BMore defense is always legit because they have great pass rushers and CBs. They must sign a dozen of them a year lol. 

I love Geno, I really do, and I realize they're not using him correctly, but that money is going to WJ3 imo. We have Reader. He'll fill that void, plus should draft one. The trade I'd look for #3 is similar to Jets trade. I will have to look up what they got again, but they got a few seconds and a few players. We can easily beat that being a higher pick. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I would be furious if we ended up with this.

Letting WJ3 walk and then moving down to take a CB is just a waste. We aren't in a cap problem, theres no reason to make that move. I'd also be pretty peeved if we traded our only decent young pass rusher for another unknown in a draft pick.

We need to build around our young guys, not replace them,
Reply/Quote
You have how many draft picks and how many oline? Nice try but no

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:38 PM)Storer50 Wrote: You have how many draft picks and how many oline? Nice try but no

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I signed two premier OL in free agency.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 05:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I would be furious if we ended up with this.

Letting WJ3 walk and then moving down to take a CB is just a waste.  We aren't in a cap problem, theres no reason to make that move.  I'd also be pretty peeved if we traded our only decent young pass rusher for another unknown in a draft pick.

We need to build around our young guys, not replace them,

Both Jackson and Lawson are going to be 15 million per year at least and both have their share of inconsistency. We need fresh blood on this team.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:51 PM)J24 Wrote: Both Jackson and Lawson are going to be 15 million per year at least and both have their share of inconsistency. We need fresh blood on this team.

Then go get some to go along with them.

You can't cut young guys.  I don't think Lawson gets any more than Shaq Lawson got - 3 years at $30 million.

You pay Jackson and keep him as well.  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:51 PM)J24 Wrote: Both Jackson and Lawson are going to be 15 million per year at least and both have their share of inconsistency. We need fresh blood on this team.

We'll see if they do.
According to Spotrac, 5 teams have more cap space than the Bengals:
JAX - $85 mill
NYJ - $82.7 mill
IND - $76.7 mill
NE - $67.7 mill
WAS - $50.5 mill

The following 10 teams actually are expected to have negative cap space:
MIN
LV
HOU
KC
LAR
GB
PIT
ATL
PHI
NO

As such, cuts will be happening and the spending might be less on FAs, at least when it comes to cap hit for 2021. We could either see 1-year deals or see deals that get more backloaded, as the cap is expected to rise again starting in 2022.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 06:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We'll see if they do.
According to Spotrac, 5 teams have more cap space than the Bengals:
JAX - $85 mill
NYJ - $82.7 mill
IND - $76.7 mill
NE - $67.7 mill
WAS - $50.5 mill

The following 10 teams actually are expected to have negative cap space:
MIN
LV
HOU
KC
LAR
GB
PIT
ATL
PHI
NO

As such, cuts will be happening and the spending might be less on FAs, at least when it comes to cap hit for 2021. We could either see 1-year deals or see deals that get more backloaded, as the cap is expected to rise again starting in 2022.

That's if the Cap is at 175 which it probably won't be because of the New TV money that will be coming in & plus the NFL PA would piss off a lot of free agents if it stays at 175. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 03:35 AM)J24 Wrote: That's if the Cap is at 175 which it probably won't be because of the New TV money that will be coming in & plus the NFL PA would piss off a lot of free agents if it stays at 175. 

The consensus is it will be 175. Might be 185, but general consensus is 175.The nfl players agree to that.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 03:35 AM)J24 Wrote: That's if the Cap is at 175 which it probably won't be because of the New TV money that will be coming in & plus the NFL PA would piss off a lot of free agents if it stays at 175. 

We'll see.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 06:38 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The consensus is it will be 175. Might be 185, but general consensus is 175.The nfl players agree to that.

Once the new TV money comes in the salary cap wont change that much.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 12:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Once the new TV money comes in the salary cap wont change that much.

The new TV deal isn't up until 2022, so there won't be any new TV money for next year.

The cap is going to be around $175 million per nearly everyone that covers the game.  It was expected to be at $210 million before the pandemic. I don't think there are any teams that are planning a cap much higher than $175 million.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 01:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The new TV deal isn't up until 2022, so there won't be any new TV money for next year.

The cap is going to be around $175 million per nearly everyone that covers the game.  It was expected to be at $210 million before the pandemic. I don't think there are any teams that are planning a cap much higher than $175 million.

Albert Breer wrote about it a while back why it doesn't make sense for the owners of players for the cap to be that small and there is urgency to get the TV deals done to avoid the situation.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/27/mailbag-jets-head-coach-candidates-pat-fitzgerald
J24

Reply/Quote