Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J24 draft day mock
Trades
Bengals trade the 31st, 63rd, and 210th pick to the Falcons for the 43rd, 58th, and 151st pick.
Bengals trade the 43rd pick to the patriots for the 54th & 85th pick.
Bengals trade the 85th pick to the Saints for the 98th & 120th pick.

Picks
54th- Cam Taylor Britt CB Nebraska- pros-Excellent Zone Corner, willing tackler, excellent Ball Skills, 3 time captain, played safety. Negatives- A bit of a gambler and hit or miss as a Tackler.

58th- Joshua Paschal Nickel DT/ 4-3 End Kentucky- pros- Position versatility, Explosive burst, well coached,team captain 3 times. Negatives- Limited bend, not prototypical size for end or DT.

74th-Cam Jurgens C Nebraska- pros-Highly athletic C with a nasty streak. Negative Small size and a project at C.

95th- Alex Wright DE UAB- Pros- Highly Athletic, High PFF grades, perfect size at 6-5 270 35inch Arms, Negatives- Competition? And a bit Raw

98th- Zach Tom OL Wake Forest- pros Highly Athletic + PFF scores, Position versatile Negatives- Size, ? Position, doesn't play with much nastiness

120- Romeo Doubs Wr Nevada- Pros- Deep speed, smooth Rac ability, Returner Negatives- Blocking and concentration issues on deep Balls.

136th- Marcus Jones NB/KR Houston- Pros- Dynamic PR and KR, great Ball Skills, and very competitive- Negatives Size and injury history.

151st Tycen Anderson S/NB/NLB Toledo- pros Versatility as a defender, Highly Athletic, Special Teams ace, Great size for a DB, Negatives- Competition, Ball skills

174th- Kyle Phillips Slot Wr/PR- Pros-Best pure slot in the draft and sure handed PR. Negatives- one dimension Wr and lack of deep speed.

227th- Demetrius Taylor 3T Appalachian state- Pros Explosive first step(1.69 10 yard split) and Highly productive college career. Negatives 6th year senior and a disappointing final season in college.

253rd Scott Nelson FS Wisconsin- Pros- Excellent pro day, Playmaker, Versatility in the secondary, Negatives- Play doesn't represent Testing numbers + durability concerns.

UDFA(key free agents)
Isiah Likley TE Coastal Carolina
Reed Blankenship S Middle Tennessee ST
Cole Kelley QB SE Louisiana
Brian Robinson RB Alabama
Kobie Whiteside DT Missouri

July Extensions- Jessie Bates, Germain Pratt, and Vonn Bell

Training Camp Trades Bengals trade NT Tyler Shelvin and a 2024 6th RD pick to Cowboys for a 2024 7th RD pick and DT Neville Galimore

Surprise cut Cameron Sample DE

Draft Grade- B- I think its a solid haul but the lack of a true stud makes me sad. Also no TE and to wait till the 7th for a 3T would not make me happy fan.
Favorite Pick- Joshua Paschal at 58th- He reminds me of one of my favorite Bengals in Wallace Gilberry.
Least Favorite Pick- Cam Jurgens a bit raw for my liking.

Key word to describe this draft- Versatility
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
No thanks. You sacrificed quality for quantity.
Reply/Quote
Would love it if we get those players. Didn't really think of Paschal as a 3-tech but I guess he can do it for sure.

We got Dax Hill but something like this is still possible, we will see. Nice job J24.

I do disagree with Jurgens being your least favorite pick, he is probably my favorite after CTB in this mock.
Reply/Quote