Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daxton Hill
This is the guy I want at 31. He's kind of a hybrid player between S and CB. We need a replacement for Jessie Bates. He's even similar to Bates coming out of college. He could even be our 3rd CB if we sign Bates long term. So versatile. Gives us depth and really solidifies our secondary.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 12:22 PM)EatonFan Wrote: This is the guy I want at 31.  He's kind of a hybrid player between S and CB.  We need a replacement for Jessie Bates.  He's even similar to Bates coming out of college.  He could even be our 3rd CB if we sign Bates long term.  So versatile.  Gives us depth and really solidifies our secondary.

Hill definitely has enough size and outstanding speed and athleticism to handle CB duties.
He has experience playing slot CB along with safety.
I wasn't really considering him as an outside guy, but if he can do that too, even better.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A lot of scouts compare him to Bates. If that is the case and he's in that area of skill level, then we can save a lot of cap room and sign Chase and Burrow long term. I really like this pick moreso than a C, CB or G. It looks long term. Fits an immediate need as a #3 or #4 CB. Keeps Bates fresh. Provides great depth too in case of injury.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 04:34 PM)EatonFan Wrote: A lot of scouts compare him to Bates.  If that is the case and he's in that area of skill level, then we can save a lot of cap room and sign Chase and Burrow long term.  I really like this pick moreso than a C, CB or G.  It looks long term.  Fits an immediate need as a #3 or #4 CB.  Keeps Bates fresh.  Provides great depth too in case of injury.

I would 100% agree, he's very similar to Bates. He looks like a true center field FS.
Out of all the safety prospects that could be there around 31 or later, he's probably the only one I'd feel really confident being a Bates replacement.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 12:22 PM)EatonFan Wrote: This is the guy I want at 31.  He's kind of a hybrid player between S and CB.  We need a replacement for Jessie Bates.  He's even similar to Bates coming out of college.  He could even be our 3rd CB if we sign Bates long term.  So versatile.  Gives us depth and really solidifies our secondary.

Shhh....this is my target for the PFF mock competition  Ninja along with a boundary CB....
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 10:53 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Shhh....this is my target for the PFF mock competition  Ninja along with a boundary CB....

That's pretty good..... 2 guys covering possibly 4 positions. (FS,SS,slot corner, boundary corner)
Reply/Quote

He's my guy for the reasons that you mentioned but unfortunately those reasons will probably get him drafted before number 31. You never want to rely on a rookie to have to start But he would probably be an amazing dime back for one year.  

The bengals are in this weird situation with Jesse Bates. It's very likely that he plays out the year without an extensionBut unlikely that they saw him long term with the other extensions that will be due eventually but I guess that comes down to how hard The cap actually goes.  

In any scenario I will be looking for a cheap corner Since it is so hard for a rookie to start there.  This would be the Case if you see him as corner back.  Plan a for me is trading back and getting good value but plan B is this guy if he is there.
Reply/Quote
Nailed it.
Reply/Quote

Got him. Rock On

(04-29-2022, 12:55 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Nailed it.

Well done Eaton, love the pick as well, he can be that new type of Safety. Kind of in between Bates and Bell honestly.

Wanting Bell back for sure if Bates wants too much so this is honestly the perfect pick. Brisker was my favorite Safety with range
in this Draft besides Hamilton of course but Dax fills like 2 needs in one. He can cover like a Corner and even on the outside but he
likes the inside like I heard Travis Kelce talking about covering him on ABC. The Chiefs definitely were eyeing us with there McDuffie
pick to hopefully cover Chase and we were preparing for covering the Kelce's of the NFL world with Dax.

The Chiefs also took Karlaftis who I also liked. Bills took Kaiir damn it. They know what they are doing.
Reply/Quote

Good Job!  I like this pick.  It is a perfect pick that we're very lucky to have drop to us.  I was also leaning on this pick hard until I heard that his interviews didn't go so well.
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner The Athletic: The Bengals need bodies and a future of the position in the secondary. Only two defensive backs are signed beyond next season: Chidobe Awuzie and Mike Hilton. Hill will serve as the immediate backup this year for Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell and Mike Hilton. All three of those spots were without comfortable backup options before Thursday.

Hill immediately fills in all three and prepares the team to handle attrition.
Reply/Quote

Nice work.  The defense just got smarter and faster last night.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 06:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would 100% agree, he's very similar to Bates. He looks like a true center field FS.
Out of all the safety prospects that could be there around 31 or later, he's probably the only one I'd feel really confident being a Bates replacement.

So did you wake up, make a cup of coffee, sit down to a bowl of cheerios, then go full mast when you saw they drafted Hill last night?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:20 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: So did you wake up, make a cup of coffee, sit down to a bowl of cheerios, then go full mast when you saw they drafted Hill last night?

No I was awake when he was drafted brah.
So all of that at 10:30 CDT Cool Wink
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 04:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No I was awake when he was drafted brah.
So all of that at 10:30 CDT Cool Wink

Nice. Love getting this guy. Honestly it is better than just a pure Corner or a pure Safety. 
Reply/Quote