40th.) Zack Baun LB/Edge Wisconsin
65th.) Bryce Hall CB Virginia
100th.) Trey Adams OT Washington
107th.) Khali Davis 3T Nebraska
147th.)Willie Gay JR LB Mississippi ST.
165th.) Davion Taylor LB Colorado
180th.)AJ Green CB Oklahoma ST.
215th.) Garrett Marino 3T. UAB
The Trade of William Jackson and AJ Green are shockers but at the same time should they be? AJ Green probably won't be back next season and William Jackson will be expensive and much older than one would think. Also should we spend the 20 million on him that it will probably take to keep him?
On to the Draft
Burrow is the best play in the draft, Jefferson fits the offense perfectly, Baun is a perfect fit at edge, Hall is exceptional value at 65, and Ditto for Adams @ 100.
2nd part of 
Khali Davis has Geno like athletic dimensions, both Gay and Taylor fit the Athletic profile of a modern day LB, Green is a solid CB, and Marino is a fun prospect at 215.
All in all this draft fits the Bengals need but trading away two elite players probably would get me run out of town by the fans.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
So, it's your plan to devastate the offense for peanuts and, after shoring up the defensive backfield, you want to create another hole that was just filled?

Count me out on that. And, anyone who gets abused in a trade with BillO will be forever known as the chump of the world.

With all due respect, after the trades, I can't even bring myself to look at the draft.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yea this is horrible lol
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:08 PM)McC Wrote: So, it's your plan to devastate the offense for peanuts and, after shoring up the defensive backfield, you want to create another hole that was just filled?

Count me out on that.  And, anyone who gets abused in a trade with BillO will be forever known as the chump of the world.

With all due respect, after the trades, I can't even bring myself to look at the draft.
1.) How am I devastating the Offense? AJ is 32 has missed the last 24 games and costs 18 million. Oh and we're likely not going to be able to resign him and  on top of that were looking at a 5th RD comp pick because he has played more than 10 years in the NFL. Also I'm drafting a stud WR to replace him so who also has had great chemistry with the QB I drafted with the first Pick. Also I would say getting the 40th pick for a dude that has missed the last 1 1/2 seasons in a draft that is loaded with WRs is an exceptional get. 
2.) 1.) Jackson is coming off a bad season, 2.) He will be 29 next season, 3.) Hall is a first RD prospect that because of injury moved to the third RD. Also he fits what the Bengals want in a CB long, Physical in running Game, and he has good ball skills. The guy could easily be a starter this season or earlier.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:23 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yea this is horrible lol

How so?
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:33 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) How am I devastating the Offense? AJ is 32 has missed the last 24 games and costs 18 million. Oh and we're likely not going to be able to resign him and  on top of that were looking at a 5th RD comp pick because he has played more than 10 years in the NFL. Also I'm drafting a stud WR to replace him so who also has had great chemistry with the QB I drafted with the first Pick. Also I would say getting the 40th pick for a dude that has missed the last 1 1/2 seasons in a draft that is loaded with WRs is an exceptional get. 
2.) 1.) Jackson is coming off a bad season, 2.) He will be 29 next season, 3.) Hall is a first RD prospect that because of injury moved to the third RD. Also he fits what the Bengals want in a CB long, Physical in running Game, and he has good ball skills. The guy could easily be a starter this season or earlier.

How is it that you know they won't be able to sign AJ?  Seems like you must know, since your whole scenario is dependent on this alleged knowledge.

Perhaps you have forgotten the difference between offense with AJ vs. without. 

If AJ is not worth the franchise number, how is trading him easy as pie?  Also, you do know Houston signed Randall Cobb and the draft is loaded at WR, right? 

Granted, BillO is a proven moron but how does this trade make the least bit of sense for them?

As to CB, they just filled all the holes in their defensive backfield.  Why would they open a hole back up?  And what does "could easily be a starter this season or earlier" mean?   He could easily be a starter earlier than this season?  Huh?  And do you really think a third round CB is a lock to start this season?  How often does that happen?  Especially one who fell two rounds due to injury.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 03:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Trades AJ Green to Houston for 40th pick
William Jackson to New England for 100th pick
Andy Dalton to Jacksonville for 165th pick

1st.) Joe Burrow QB LSU
33.) Justin Jefferson WR LSU
40th.) Zack Baun LB/Edge Wisconsin
65th.) Bryce Hall CB Virginia
100th.) Trey Adams OT Washington
107th.) Khali Davis 3T Nebraska
147th.)Willie Gay JR LB Mississippi ST.
165th.) Davion Taylor LB Colorado
180th.)AJ Green CB Oklahoma ST.
215th.) Garrett Marino 3T. UAB
The Trade of William Jackson and AJ Green are shockers but at the same time should they be? AJ Green probably won't be back next season and William Jackson will be expensive and much older than one would think. Also should we spend the 20 million on him that it will probably take to keep him?
On to the Draft
Burrow is the best play in the draft, Jefferson fits the offense perfectly, Baun is a perfect fit at edge, Hall is exceptional value at 65, and Ditto for Adams @ 100.
2nd part of 
Khali Davis has Geno like athletic dimensions, both Gay and Taylor fit the Athletic profile of a modern day LB, Green is a solid CB, and Marino is a fun prospect at 215.
All in all this draft fits the Bengals need but trading away two elite players probably would get me run out of town by the fans.

o m gosh

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 05:26 PM)McC Wrote: How is it that you know they won't be able to sign AJ?  Seems like you must know, since your whole scenario is dependent on this alleged knowledge.

Perhaps you have forgotten the difference between offense with AJ vs. without. 

If AJ is not worth the franchise number, how is trading him easy as pie?  Also, you do know Houston signed Randall Cobb and the draft is loaded at WR, right? 

Granted, BillO is a proven moron but how does this trade make the least bit of sense for them?

As to CB, they just filled all the holes in their defensive backfield.  Why would they open a hole back up?  And what does "could easily be a starter this season or earlier" mean?   He could easily be a starter earlier than this season?  Huh?  And do you really think a third round CB is a lock to start this season?  How often does that happen?  Especially one who fell two rounds due to injury.

1.) Common sense. AJ hitting the open market  is bad news for the Bengals if you don't get this then there is nothing I can do for you.

2.) Yes I know that but Bill O'Brian comes from the Bill Belicheck tree. Bill values older veteran players.  It's not like the Texan mind trading away draft picks. Also I'm pretty Deshaun Watson would like to throw to AJ Green. Also I'm drafting Jefferson he can replace AJ in this offense. So again it's not like I'm not doing anything to replace Green.

3.) I already explained this to you. Hall is a first RD prospect who because of injury will slip in the draft. He fits every criteria the Bengals want in a CB. Plus we have Phillips who did a heck of a job at the end of last season at CB.  
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 05:54 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Common sense. AJ hitting the open market  is bad news for the Bengals if you don't get this then there is nothing I can do for you.

2.) Yes I know that but Bill O'Brian comes from the Bill Belicheck tree. Bill values older veteran players.  It's not like the Texan mind trading away draft picks. Also I'm pretty Deshaun Watson would like to throw to AJ Green. Also I'm drafting Jefferson he can replace AJ in this offense. So again it's not like I'm not doing anything to replace Green.

3.) I already explained this to you. Hall is a first RD prospect who because of injury will slip in the draft. He fits every criteria the Bengals want in a CB. Plus we have Phillips who did a heck of a job at the end of last season at CB.  

Why did the guy who values older players trade away their all world WR who wanted a new deal?  So he could replace him with an even older WR who also is looking for a high priced deal?  How does that make even a tiny bit of sense?

So how does this guy who falls in the draft because of injury suddenly become a guy who will start this year or earlier(I still can't figure that one out)?  Wouldn't that injury, which is apparently severe enough to drop him two full rounds, prevent him from being even able to start this year?

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 05:54 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Common sense. AJ hitting the open market  is bad news for the Bengals if you don't get this then there is nothing I can do for you.

Sorry My dude, but the chances of them trading AJ for a pick in this draft isn't going to happen.  The ONLY way this happens is if they feel the 2020 season will be short or not happen at all because of Covid, but then who's going to pick up that contract lmao

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

The Texans traded DHop because they needed cap space.  They aren't giving up a second for a WR in his 30's on the FT who missed an entire season with an ankle sprain.

WJIII was terrible last year.  Seriously, BW Webb put up a better PFF score last year.  You aren't getting a 3rd for him.  He's a one year wonder.

The draft itself isn't too bad, but you're replacing an outside WR with a slot by trading AJ and drafting Jefferson.  I mean, if some sucker will give up a 2nd for AJ, by all means jump on it, but you need to draft an outside WR to replace him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 06:05 PM)McC Wrote: Why did the guy who values older players trade away their all world WR who wanted a new deal?  So he could replace him with an even older WR who also is looking for a high priced deal?  How does that make even a tiny bit of sense?

So how does this guy who falls in the draft because of injury suddenly become a guy who will start this year or earlier(I still can't figure that one out)?  Wouldn't that injury, which is apparently severe enough to drop him two full rounds, prevent him from being even able to start this year?

He traded him away because he didn't like his attitude not for salary reasons.
Also why would it be so surprising for a talented CB to start his rookie season?
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 12:37 AM)Whatever Wrote: The Texans traded DHop because they needed cap space.  They aren't giving up a second for a WR in his 30's on the FT who missed an entire season with an ankle sprain.

WJIII was terrible last year.  Seriously, BW Webb put up a better PFF score last year.  You aren't getting a 3rd for him.  He's a one year wonder.

The draft itself isn't too bad, but you're replacing an outside WR with a slot by trading AJ and drafting Jefferson.  I mean, if some sucker will give up a 2nd for AJ, by all means jump on it, but you need to draft an outside WR to replace him.
1.) They traded Hopkins because Obrian didn't get along with him. Not salary reasons.
2.) Yes you would he is still a very talented player that fits their man to man scheme.
3.) Jefferson is a faster version of Robert Woods who has lit it up in LA. Since we play the same system as the Rams Jefferson would be a perfect fit for us.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:41 PM)J24 Wrote: He traded him away because he didn't like his attitude not for salary reasons.
Also why would it be so surprising for a talented CB to start his rookie season?
I have heard the words that they didn't want to give Hopkins the money he wanted come straight out of BillO's mouth.  So why would he want to trade for a guy who is five years older and wanting that same kind of money?

If this CB had an injury that dropped him two full rounds, doesn't that kinda say he won't be ready to play?  If he was ready to play and was a first round talent, he'd be drafted in the first round, wouldn't he?

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:51 PM)McC Wrote: I have heard the words that they didn't want to give Hopkins the money he wanted come straight out of BillO's mouth.  So why would he want to trade for a guy who is five years older and wanting that same kind of money?

If this CB had an injury that dropped him two full rounds, doesn't that kinda say he won't be ready to play?  If he was ready to play and was a first round talent, he'd be drafted in the first round, wouldn't he?

1.) Because it's AJ Green and they think there getting a motivated Superstar. Similar to what the Patriots had in Randy Moss in 2007.
2.) No it doesn't mean that at all. Maybe other Teams are worried about his medical or they would prefer a CB without the injury. If he is healthy he is a starting caliber CB.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:57 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Because it's AJ Green and they think there getting a motivated Superstar. Similar to what the Patriots had in Randy Moss in 2007.
2.) No it doesn't mean that at all. Maybe other Teams are worried about his medical or they would prefer a CB without the injury. If he is healthy he is a starting caliber CB.
AJ Green does the most good for the Bengals by being a Bengal.

If he drops two rounds, it sure as hell means something.  If he's healthy and a first round talent, he sure won't be there in the third.  CB is a premium position.

Reply/Quote
You sure as hell don't trade AJ Green with a rookie QB coming in.

You do everything in your power to make sure Burrow succeeds - and that starts with reliable WRs and with a good RB. There's no way I trade him this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 02:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You sure as hell don't trade AJ Green with a rookie QB coming in.

You do everything in your power to make sure Burrow succeeds - and that starts with reliable WRs and with a good RB.  There's no way I trade him this year.

Especially if the rookie QB makes a point of saying how much he would want to have AJ to throw to.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 02:08 PM)McC Wrote: AJ Green does the most good for the Bengals by being a Bengal.

If he drops two rounds, it sure as hell means something.  If he's healthy and a first round talent, he sure won't be there in the third.  CB is a premium position.
AJ Green won't be here long term and is getting up there in age. 
Guys fall for many reasons teams if Hall falls to third RD it doesn't mean he can't play. Carlos Dunlap fell he contributed right away, Geno Atkins fell he contributed right away, Sam Hubbard fell he contributed right away, and Carl Lawson fell he contributed right away. Players fall for whatever reason doesn't mean there not good or won't contribute.
(04-09-2020, 02:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You sure as hell don't trade AJ Green with a rookie QB coming in.

You do everything in your power to make sure Burrow succeeds - and that starts with reliable WRs and with a good RB.  There's no way I trade him this year.
The best thing for Burrow is to put the best players around him long-term. Is AJ a better bet this season? Sure but what about the next 5 seasons? What about the next 10 seasons?The Bengals need to think long term and not short term.
(04-09-2020, 02:53 PM)McC Wrote: Especially if the rookie QB makes a point of saying how much he would want to have AJ to throw to.
Who cares what Burrow wants? You do what's best for Burrow and what's best for Burrow is Putting the best team around him for the Long term?
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 03:10 PM)J24 Wrote: AJ Green won't be here long term and is getting up there in age. 
Guys fall for many reasons teams if Hall falls to third RD it doesn't mean he can't play. Carlos Dunlap fell he contributed right away, Geno Atkins fell he contributed right away, Sam Hubbard fell he contributed right away, and Carl Lawson fell he contributed right away. Players fall for whatever reason doesn't mean there not good or won't contribute.
The best thing for Burrow is to put the best players around him long-term. Is AJ a better bet this season? Sure but what about the next 5 seasons? What about the next 10 seasons?The Bengals need to think long term and not short term.
Who cares what Burrow wants? You do what's best for Burrow and what's best for Burrow is Putting the best team around him for the Long term?

You can easily ruin a QB in year 1 or 2.  Having AJ here is both the best move for the short term as well as the long term development of the team.
Reply/Quote