Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JAGUARS are On The Clock
RD 1 PK 1 TENNESSEE TITANS- LAREMY TUNSIL/ OT
RD 1 PK 2 CLEVELAND BROWNS- CARSON WENTZ/ QB
RD 1 PK 3 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS- JALEN RAMSEY/ DB
RD 1 PK 4 DALLAS COWBOYS- JOEY BOSA/ DE

RD 1 PK 5 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

The Jaguar’s biggest need is along the interior Offensive Line, but they should be able to address this early in the second. They are pretty set at the skill positions on Offense, but they could use help all over the D. Luckily this draft is stacked with Defensive talent

DEFOREST BUCKNER/DE http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/deforest-buckner?id=2555275
Buckner has the body type of a classic 3-¬4 defensive end who can control the point of attack with length and power, but he has above average pass rush potential for that position which figures to push him into the early stages of round one. Buckner has similar power to former teammate Arik Armstead, but is a much better pass rusher and has a chance to become a dominant force in the NFL.

MYLES JACK/OLB http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/myles-jack?id=2555329
Upper echelon explosiveness with the desire, speed and aggression to find his way into play after play. While UCLA asked Jack to do a little bit of everything, an NFL team is more likely to simplify his tasks and set him into attack mode to maximize his outstanding physical traits.

VERNON HARGREAVES/CB http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/vernon-hargreaves?id=2555299
Hargreaves has a level of suddenness and explosiveness in his movements that should always have him near the ball. With top-notch ball skills and exceptional instincts that drew praise from Alabama's Nick Saban, Hargreaves possesses the football makeup to become a Pro Bowl cornerback.

EZEKIEL ELLIOTT/RB http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ezekiel-elliott?id=2555224
Elite, three­-down running back who has the ability to excel in every facet of the game. Elliott has rare combination of size, athleticism, pass-catching and blocking skills and his competitive nature is always bubbling on the surface.

REGGIE RAGLAND/ILB http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/reggie-ragland?id=2555169
Thumping inside linebacker with throwback size and tone­setting mentality. Ragland is a confident and capable early starter in league who has the temperament to become one of the premier run­-stopping inside linebackers in the pro game.

LEONARD FLOYD/Edge http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/leonard-floyd?id=2555285
Unique combination of length and athleticism. Extremely rangy with great chase speed from sideline to sideline. Good change of direction for taller player. Long limbs and twitch to spring into a tackle from a mile away. If unblocked, will chase down line of scrimmage from backside and foil run plans.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Went with Myles Jack, pretty easy to me.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Looking at the Jaguars team defensive stats for 2015, seems to me that they need the most help in the secondary. Went with Hargreaves.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 11:39 AM)Garrus Wrote: Went with Myles Jack, pretty easy to me.

Agreed this should be a pretty easy pick. Myles Jack.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 12:21 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Agreed this should be a pretty easy pick. Myles Jack.

Unless they've had their fill of ACL injuries with Fowler
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I went with the unconventional pick for the Jags.  I went with Elliot.  They are starting to build something strong down there and like Bfine said before, they really only need interior line help and they can get that in the 2nd round.  I know they have TJ Yeldon already, but couple him up with Elliott and they have a really strong backfield to go with all their other offensive weapons.  Here's a curve ball for this years draft.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 12:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I went with the unconventional pick for the Jags.  I went with Elliot.  They are starting to build something strong down there and like Bfine said before, they really only need interior line help and they can get that in the 2nd round.  I know they have TJ Yeldon already, but couple him up with Elliott and they have a really strong backfield to go with all their other offensive weapons.  Here's a curve ball for this years draft.

They also just signed Chris Ivory. I doubt they go with a RB when their defense needs improving.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
I went with Hargreaves just because they really need secondary help.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I was going to go with Jack but the more i thought about that terrible Secondary i think they would go
with Hargraeves here. A great CB down the line is more important than a great LB'er on down the line
in this passing league IMO.
Reply/Quote
They need a lot of help on D. They just signed Amukamara or I would have gone with the DB from Florida. Gus Bradley just said last month that he was considering and willing to change his defense. He said that the D needs more play makers.
With the coveted Ramsey and Bosa off of the board they take the next best pass rusher and athlete in Buckner. Jack or Hargreaves could just as easily be the pick. They need all of the defensive help they can get.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 04:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was going to go with Jack but the more i thought about that terrible Secondary i think they would go
with Hargraeves here. A great CB down the line is more important than a great LB'er on down the line
in this passing league IMO.

Yep, just go to their team stats for 2015.  Notice the big disparity in PDs and Ints between the Jags, and what their opponents did for the year.  Quick calculations showed me that they were at about a 30% deficit.  That is huge.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Went with Myles Jack. Outside of Ramsey, Jack is the most talented player. I like Hargraeves but at the same time there are players in the 2nd round like Mackensie Alexander
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
to early for a corner and Jack is arguably one of the best players in this draft.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 04:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, just go to their team stats for 2015.  Notice the big disparity in PDs and Ints between the Jags, and what their opponents did for the year.  Quick calculations showed me that they were at about a 30% deficit.  That is huge.

Damn, even worse than i thought.

That is a major hole that a team would HAVE to fill.
Reply/Quote