Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JB Holding Up the Lombardi!?!
For me, as a 15 year old in 1968, switching from a Browns to a Bengals fan, nothing would be more appropriate for this man to be able to lift up the Lombardi while he is still able!!

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-j-b-got-to-have-it-as-a-new-tradition-rises
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:40 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: For me, as a 15 year old in 1968, switching from a Browns to a Bengals fan, nothing would be more appropriate for this man to be able to lift up the Lombardi while he is still able!!

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-j-b-got-to-have-it-as-a-new-tradition-rises

This is the year it will happen.

I base that off of never seeing the Bengals live on my local TV stations twice in the same preseason.

That scenario will end in about 35 minutes, so the Championship drought will end this year as well!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 04:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This is the year it will happen.

I base that off of never seeing the Bengals live on my local TV stations twice in the same preseason.

That scenario will end in about 35 minutes, so the Championship drought will end this year as well!

As much as I hate to AGREE with talking heads, I think 5-12 is the best case scenario barring key season ending injuries.
Reply/Quote
Sadly, I think JB won't live long enough to see this happen.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Sadly, I think JB won't live long enough to see this happen.

He'll retire and become a voice double for my grandson. Listening to either one they sound almost identical.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Will he be allowed to play in the regular season or will they be protecting him for the playoffs?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 08:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Will he be allowed to play in the regular season or will they be protecting him for the playoffs?

You realize this is not about Burrow, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You realize this is not about Burrow, right?

I do now.LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote