Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ Dielman released by Rams
We can have this discussion again since he's available now

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Funny how he's released just as soon as a spot on our PS opens up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
We have a practice squad spot open.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If we claim him he has to go on the active roster for at least a week. The Rams reportedly also want to resign him to their practice squad.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 04:54 PM)pally Wrote: If we claim him he has to go on the active roster for at least a week.  The Rams reportedly also want to resign him to their practice squad.

He'll probably stay with the team that signed him to the 53 then wanted him on their PS immediately, rather than the team that cut him then only wanted him back once someone they really wanted was plucked from their PS.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
ha interesting, obviously he needs some polishing.............
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
We have a PS spot open, but will also have a spot on the line open once Hopkins hits IR.
Reply/Quote
Hopkins to IR, Dielman back to the 53. Screw the Rams, already took out best O-lineman.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
How about if we're talking about picking bums from the scrap heap, we at least look at a Tackle?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 06:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How about if we're talking about picking bums from the scrap heap, we at least look at a Tackle?

Why would we need another Tackle when we have this on the roster????

[Image: andre-smith-combine2.jpg]

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 06:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Why would we need another Tackle when we have this on the roster????

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

There are possibly good linemen out there.  As I remember, the Eagles cut two rookie OL, both were noteworthy names from draft season.  One was Orlosky, the Center from WV.  He had an injury back in OTAs and never got up to speed to compete for a roster spot.  I believe the other was a Tackle, forget his name at the moment.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not to worry..Rams will cut Whitworth in 5 years and we can have him back.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 06:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hopkins to IR, Dielman back to the 53. Screw the Rams, already took out best O-lineman.

Correction. Our best lineman left of his own accord.  Rams didn't take him from us. Last time I checked he was never bought and sold as a slave. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'd rather take a shot at Ryan Clady.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 07:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: Not to worry..Rams will cut Whitworth in 5 years and we can have him back.. 
AKA The Mikey Brown Way.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 07:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: Correction. Our best lineman left of his own accord.  Rams didn't take him from us. Last time I checked he was never bought and sold as a slave. 

....I am aware he left on his own.  Whatever

And I am still able to be grumpy about the fact that he is a Ram and they won and their line dominated while we got shut out due to our line looking like a JV high school squad.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 07:41 PM)grampahol Wrote:
Correction. Our best lineman left of his own accord.
 Rams didn't take him from us. Last time I checked he was never bought and sold as a slave. 

That's a great point.  And, reflecting back to free agency season, I can remember several on here talking about what a big risk it would be for the team to resign Whitworth, as he was "getting old" and "his skills were fading", etc., etc.   Some of those same people were like "fear not, we have the future already on the roster", and such.  

Could it be that Whitworth looked at the overall situation with the direction that the Bengals were heading, and made a conscious decision to move onto a team on the rise?  Besides the fact that playing for a warm weather team is going to help prolong his playing life, maybe the guy just got tired of not competing for a championship?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a great point.  And, reflecting back to free agency season, I can remember several on here talking about what a big risk it would be for the team to resign Whitworth, as he was "getting old" and "his skills were fading", etc., etc.   Some of those same people were like "fear not, we have the future already on the roster", and such.  

Could it be that Whitworth looked at the overall situation with the direction that the Bengals were heading, and made a conscious decision to move onto a team on the rise?  Besides the fact that playing for a warm weather team is going to help prolong his playing life, maybe the guy just got tired of not competing for a championship?

I think his decision was more "Shit! I'm getting old. Better cash in one last time before the career ends."
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 08:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think his decision was more "Shit! I'm getting old. Better cash in one last time before the career ends."

Well, maybe the optimist in you might want to believe that.  But, from what I remember reading, he was offered similar money by the Bengals.  Face it, dude left for a better climate, not just in average air temperature, but in terms of organization.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 07:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: Correction. Our best lineman left of his own accord.  Rams didn't take him from us. Last time I checked he was never bought and sold as a slave. 

He didnt leave on his own accord, he wasnt wanted anymore so he left. They made it abundantly clear they were going forward with Ogbuehi, and werent going to pay Whit his value as a starting left tackle.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote