Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ Watt
VERY unlikely to see Watt moved, but Houston doesnt have a 1st or a 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft and Watt isnt having a great year, especially without being next to DJ Reader.

What would you give up for JJ Watt?

Green and a pick? Ross and a couple picks?

Hypothetical to say the least, but wouldnt it be neat if we found a way to bring JJ here to see if a change of scenery would boost his play. He might have a few good season left in his tank.
Reply/Quote
JJ Watt won't go to the AFC North unless he can play alongside his brother in Pittsburgh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 12:30 PM)bengaloo Wrote: VERY unlikely to see Watt moved, but Houston doesnt have a 1st or a 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft and Watt isnt having a great year, especially without being next to DJ Reader.

What would you give up for JJ Watt?

Green and a pick? Ross and a couple picks?

Hypothetical to say the least, but wouldnt it be neat if we found a way to bring JJ here to see if a change of scenery would boost his play. He might have a few good season left in his tank.

**** him.

He's talked massive amounts of shit about the franchise since he got into the league, took a shot at Andy for no reason at all and despite his altruistic nature, he just seems like a dick.

Not to mention, he's now in his 10th season and has been injured a fair amount.

No thanks.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 12:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: JJ Watt won't go to the AFC North unless he can play alongside his brother in Pittsburgh.

That could very well be true. If I were him, playing against my brother would be kind of cool. So would reuniting with Reader. But you are probably right about that. Definitely wishful thinking on my part, but with Houston facing a rebuild and lacking draft picks, I'd be making a run for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 12:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: **** him.

He's talked massive amounts of shit about the franchise since he got into the league, took a shot at Andy for no reason at all and despite his altruistic nature, he just seems like a dick.

Not to mention, he's now in his 10th season and has been injured a fair amount.

No thanks.

I was not aware of that!
Reply/Quote
His injury history is scary. Healthy he's great, but how much can you actually rely on him to be healthy? Missed tons of time in 3 of the previous 4 years.

Also would be hard pressed to trade anything higher than a 5th for a guy I would only get 1 more year of, and I doubt they accept that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 12:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: His injury history is scary. Healthy he's great, but how much can you actually rely on him to be healthy? Missed tons of time in 3 of the previous 4 years.

Exactly.  Think Tyler Eifert only on defense...
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 12:39 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I was not aware of that!

He reminds me of what we already have or had here in "Donecrap", Atkins, and AJ......a bunch a guys past their prime and in JJs case cant stay healthy. 
Time to move on with youth movement via Draft  and FAs.  
Reply/Quote
We need to get younger, not older.

Reply/Quote
I would give up a 3rd Rd pick for him but I would have to know if he was committed to playing next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Houston said every player on their roster if for sale. Watt may think it is cool to play his brothers twice a year, and be closer to them during the season. He also may like the idea of playing with Reader and Covington again, let alone playing on a line with himself, Reader, Atkins and Lawson. I'd trade them John Ross straight up....
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 03:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Houston said every player on their roster if for sale. Watt may think it is cool to play his brothers twice a year, and be closer to them during the season. He also may like the idea of playing with Reader and Covington again, let alone playing on a line with himself, Reader, Atkins and Lawson. I'd trade them John Ross straight up....

I would trade Ross and a 7th. I know he is older and has had injuries, but sometimes players like that explode on a new team and new scenery. If he stays healthy he could easily have another 3 years in his tank. Health seems to be the big question with him.

But it doesnt seem like any trades are gonna happen.
Reply/Quote
Nothing.

Why would you give up anything for an aging injury prone vet that needs to give retirement a serious look any consideration?

If we were a close to being a legit contender this season and he was a the piece that could help put us over the top maybe but we're in the basement. Trading for him would only set us back at this stage.
Reply/Quote
Trade deadline over. So it doesnt look like any trades happened for the Bengals.

I would imagine nobody wanted to give much for Ross. They like Price too much to let him go, and they must like AJ enough to keep him around.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 06:08 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Trade deadline over. So it doesnt look like any trades happened for the Bengals.

I would imagine nobody wanted to give much for Ross. They like Price too much to let him go, and they must like AJ enough to keep him around.

Damn, forgot the deadline was over. Would of traded Ross for anything honestly if we are not going to use him at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 12:38 PM)bengaloo Wrote: That could very well be true. If I were him, playing against my brother would be kind of cool. So would reuniting with Reader. But you are probably right about that. Definitely wishful thinking on my part, but with Houston facing a rebuild and lacking draft picks, I'd be making a run for him.

I think the last thing an older brother would want to do is join up with a team that always gets beaten by the team his little brother is on.
Reply/Quote
Could we look at signing him after the season? He's a beast when healthy, and has worked with Reader previously. If we could get him in for a decent price he may be more valuable than AJ Green.
Reply/Quote