Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ Watt
Does anyone think JJ Watt could return for another year or two? He's never really played for a contender and I think we offer the perfect fit for him. He can come here and doesn't have to carry a defense on his back. In fact, he can be a great rotational and situational piece fo us. Especially on 3rd downs and goalline packages where we need the QB pressure. Sell him on being able to boost his overall sack numbers.

Watching him on the Cardinals in season Hard Knocks and he was a great leader and motivator to the young players as well.

He just seems too young and too early to call it quits. The bonus is that he gets to play against his brothers twice a year here as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 05:54 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: Does anyone think JJ Watt could return for another year or two? He's never really played for a contender and I think we offer the perfect fit for him. He can come here and doesn't have to carry a defense on his back. In fact, he can be a  great rotational and situational piece fo us. Especially on 3rd downs and goalline packages where we need the QB pressure. Sell him on being able to boost his overall sack numbers.

Watching him on the Cardinals in season Hard Knocks and he was a great leader and motivator to the young players as well.

He just seems too young and too early to call it quits. The bonus is that he gets to play against his brothers twice a year here as well.

He was drafted the same year as A.J. and Andy.  He's had major back issues off and on for the last 4-5 years.  I'd say he's washed.

And he did announce his retirement.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 10:02 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: He was drafted the same year as A.J. and Andy.  He's had major back issues off and on for the last 4-5 years.  I'd say he's washed.

And he did announce his retirement.

Washed?

He had 12.5 sacks this year, mostly coming from a DT position. The most a Bengal had was 8...

I know there are other aspects of the position, but as a QB pressure and situational piece, I think he'd make a good addition.
Reply/Quote
I’d be open to it. He and Hendrickson could wreck games together. If the health thing is there obviously.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
Watt is done. If he wanted to keep playing he'd still in Arizona or back with Houston.

He's done playing. He's about being a father and husband now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 09:41 PM)Stewy Wrote: Watt is done.  If he wanted to keep playing he'd still in Arizona or back with Houston.

He's done playing.  He's about being a father and husband now.

Half of my argument was that we would offer him the ability to play with a contender. Something he's never really been able to do outside of maybe 1 year in Houston.

Houston and Arizona are rebuilding projects at this time and in the near future as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 12:15 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: Half of my argument was that we would offer him the ability to play with a contender. Something he's never really been able to do outside of maybe 1 year in Houston.

Houston and Arizona are rebuilding projects at this time and in the near future as well.

All of my argument is, that he doesn't care.  He's done with football.  He is a serious family man.  He is finally a father and his son was born with a slight defect, which shook him and changed his perspective.  Do some googling, read some quotes and stories and then come back.
Reply/Quote
Has Krumrie's broken leg healed up? He may still have some juice in the tank....

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 05:54 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: Does anyone think JJ Watt could return for another year or two? He's never really played for a contender and I think we offer the perfect fit for him. He can come here and doesn't have to carry a defense on his back. In fact, he can be a  great rotational and situational piece fo us. Especially on 3rd downs and goalline packages where we need the QB pressure. Sell him on being able to boost his overall sack numbers.

What is it with our fans wanting to sign retired guys that we are not allowed to just call and say hey come play for us........?

Reply/Quote
Maybe JJ will love retirement so much that he will talk TJ into retiring as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 03:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: All of my argument is, that he doesn't care.  He's done with football.  He is a serious family man.  He is finally a father and his son was born with a slight defect, which shook him and changed his perspective.  Do some googling, read some quotes and stories and then come back.

I heard about him having a heart issue this yr but nothing about his son? 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 11:38 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I heard about him having a heart issue this yr but nothing about his son? 

He spoke about his son and family in his first interview of the post season.
Reply/Quote
…. Is done with football.
Reply/Quote