Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ Watt signs with Cards
2 years and 31 million with 23 mill guaranteed

https://us.yahoo.com/sports/jj-watt-reveals-on-twitter-hes-signing-with-cardinals-for-reported-31-m-175236598.html
Reply/Quote
When you see this you kinda appreciate (understand) the Bengals FO approach.

Obviously they are tooo cautious at times. But appreciate them understanding the need to be "smart" spenders (although you didn't see that with the Waynes signing last offseason).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Looks like Watt signed for the money. I personally don't see the Cards as a Superbowl contender
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
T Suggs and JJ Watt are the best defensive end combo in the league

in 2013
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 04:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: When you see this you kinda appreciate (understand) the Bengals FO approach.

Obviously they are tooo cautious at times. But appreciate them understanding the need to be "smart" spenders (although you didn't see that with the Waynes signing last offseason).

The Bengals are an enigma more often than not. They insult Whit and send him packing only to see him continue to play well (All-pro with the Rams) while the Bengals had no one worthwhile to take the spot. Then they go and sign Waynes to an overpaid contract (who hasn't played a down) while Willie Jackson is a better player than Waynes. Just watch the team try to nickel and dime Jackson this off-season and he'll be playing somewhere else.

Reply/Quote
Guess what else will be moving soon.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 05:03 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Looks like Watt signed for the money.  I personally don't see the Cards as a Superbowl contender

They're not a Super Bowl contender quite yet, but they've made strides since going 3-13 in 2018.
2019: 5-10-1
2020: 8-8

With the Rams being in cap hell and Russell Wilson potentially being traded out of the division, this could be a great chance for the Cardinals to push for a playoff spot.

EDIT - Maybe the Bengals are following suit to the Cardinals. They went 2-14 then 4-11-1. If they follow the same trend as Arizona, they could end up 7-9 this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 05:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The Bengals are an enigma more often than not. They insult Whit and send him packing only to see him continue to play well (All-pro with the Rams)

The enigma was Whitworth, not the Bengals.

Whit has 28 starts at age 37 or greater.

All the other offensive lineman in the entire league combined have 23
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 05:03 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Looks like Watt signed for the money.  I personally don't see the Cards as a Superbowl contender

They all sign for the money, except in some cases where the money is comparable between a winning and losing team.  Then there is the Brady anomaly, but most players don't have wives making more than them. It would be refreshing to hear just one player come out and admit it though.
Reply/Quote
Didn't see that one coming.
Reply/Quote
Now the Cards are gonna trade DHop and Watt back to the Texans for Watson! Ninja
Reply/Quote
I'm glad we didn't go for that price tag. Although I think he has some shit left, he's not the player he was a few years back. Yet, maybe this new team will spark a new chapter. Who knows?

Reply/Quote
My friend was hoping JJ would sign with the Browns. I guess the money wasn't good enough.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Seems pricey, but ida know...free agents are the hot thing since the Bucs had their FA frenzy. May as well bring in the big FA's while your QB is on his rookie deal, after all.
Reply/Quote
Russell Wilson might expand his Tradable too list lol
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 12:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Seems pricey, but ida know...free agents are the hot thing since the Bucs had their FA frenzy.  May as well bring in the big FA's while your QB is on his rookie deal, after all.

if nothing else big name signings tend to sell tickets.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 08:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm glad we didn't go for that price tag. Although I think he has some shit left, he's not the player he was a few years back. Yet, maybe this new team will spark a new chapter. Who knows?

That's a ridiculous price tag.  I almost wish the Steelers would have signed him if he's going to cost that much money.  Knowing our luck, though, he would sign in Pit and have two career years.  
Reply/Quote