Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJP isn't the only moron to blow his hand off with fireworks
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2517887-cj-wilson-injury-updates-on-buccaneers-cbs-hand-after-fireworks-accident

New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul made headlines for suffering a hand injury in a Fourth of July fireworks accident, but he wasn't alone, as Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback C.J. Wilson experienced a similar incident.

Wilson was set to compete for a spot on the Bucs roster after appearing in two games for the team last season, but his opportunity to do that may now be in jeopardy.

Wilson lost two fingers on one hand in a Fourth of July fireworks accident, the Lincoln Times-News reported, via Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times.

Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported the injury is career-threatening.

Wilson was far from a lock to make Tampa Bay's roster after playing a minor role in 2014, and if the hand injury prevents him from taking part in training camp or the preseason, then it is difficult to envision the former North Carolina State product making the team. Auman noted he was working with the third team prior to the injury.

While the accident didn't cost Wilson $60 million like it did JPP, it very well could cost him a chance to play in the NFL next season.

Tampa Bay is fairly strong at the cornerback position, with Alterraun Verner, Johnthan Banks, Sterling Moore and Mike Jenkins currently on the roster, so Wilson won't necessarily be a big loss from a football perspective.

Even so, losing a potential member of the roster is far from ideal, especially when it is due to an off-the-field injury.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I realize that Wilson is most definitely no Ronnie Lott.  But, Lott did prove that you can play the position at a high level, while missing a digit or two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well, there's another training camp topic for day one.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I realize that Wilson is most definitely no Ronnie Lott.  But, Lott did prove that you can play the position at a high level, while missing a digit or two.

Wasn't Lott really just missing the tip of his pinky? Not, like, two whole fingers.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2015, 08:18 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Wasn't Lott really just missing the tip of his pinky? Not, like, two whole fingers.

Yep.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote