Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 3.26 Average
*** JN POST HOF ***
This right here. 

[Image: eye-test.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Wes Mantooth with the most accurate assessment of Mike Brown I’ve ever seen.

See, I don't think it's really a money issue. I think it stems more from stubborness than cheapness.

Convincing Mike Brown to build a practice facilty is like convincing your old aunt Ester that using a Roku or a FireStick with Youtube Live or HuluTV is better than keeping cable package she never negotiates, and only uses to watch 3 channels.

Now you might think old Ester is cheap and doesn't want to buy the equipment, but at the same time she buys MyPillow's and all sorts of overpriced junk. The reason she's not switching has nothing to do with money, and everything to do her being old and set in her ways.

Mike could overhaul his scouting department, and bring it up to the league average, with an investment of about 1 million dollars (12 additional scouts at 80k average). He could add a GM for about 2-3 million a year.

For a total cost of under 5 million dollars he could have a perfectly modern, and acceptable front office. And while some may point to the 5 million as an extra expense, they need to remember better performance will bring in more money. Not to mention it saves you from buring money on players like Antonio Bryant, or Lavernous Coles, or AJ Green this year.

The Bengals have an operating budget of well north of 225 million dollars a year. At 5 million, you're talking an increase of 2%. When you have empty seats, unsold luxury boxes, and lost revenue from merchandise and concessions, any normal business owner would consider the following investment miniscule if it were made in the hopes of more than paying for itself.

I could be wrong. Maybe he is just cheap. But I think he's just a stubborn old man, just like his dad was. People hate to hear this, but Paul Brown was past his prime long before he came here. He's the reason the league unionized to begin with, because he too was old and stubborn, and coached like it was still the 40's.

I think Mike is the same way. He wants to win his way. Winning his way is more important than simply winning. Saying he's cheap is too easy of an out. He's cheap like an old person is cheap, which just means not spending on anything they're not familair with. They'll spend 300% more on Tide detergent, and they'll keep both a house phone and a cell phone, but they'll approach the thought of buying a cell phone App for 1.99 like it's insane.

tldr Mike = Your old Aunt Ester

Reply/Quote
From Jason:

Ryan Finley looks like the guy who would play Andy Dalton in a movie about AJ Green.

Reply/Quote
The new #1

(11-24-2020, 02:04 AM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly if Zac is back after this season I doubt i'll be back. It's getting harder and harder to root for this organization

(11-24-2020, 07:22 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: You say this exact thing when the bengals go 3 and out.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Pros and cons of bringing Zac back. The highlighted made me laugh so hard i had a coughing fit.

(01-03-2021, 08:32 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: Pros:

Honestly,  can’t think of one.

Cons:

Bypassed all nfl norms.  100% of new coaches proved themselves as a OC/DC or a great college coach.
The dork did not.
Accepted this OL as acceptable.  Dork move.
Out coached at every conceivable level.  Dork.
Drafted Drew Sample in the 2nd round.  Dork move.
Agreed to franchise Green,  Dork move.
Ran 5 wide 30% of the time with the worst OL in the league.  Dork move.
Got the crown jewel hurt.  Dork move.
Cried in his final press conference.  Dork move.
Wears his shirts 2 sizes to small.  Dork move.
If he didn’t find his wife in high school, he would still be a virgin.  King Dork.
Offense finished 30 th in passing, offensive genius,NOT.  Dork.
Are the Bengals better now then 2 years ago?  Fukk no.  Dork.
Is there any hope?  Dork.

Will he be back?  Yes.  Only in Bungleland.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pros and cons of bringing Zac back. The highlighted made me laugh so hard i had a coughing fit.

I laughed so hard that post.  Especially when I got to the bottom and saw this line:

"Is they any hope?  Dork."

Honestly, maybe the funniest post I've read on here, and there's been a lot.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 11:50 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: [Image: esDFd3e.png]
Reply/Quote
This needs absolutely no introduction or explanation. 

(06-13-2021, 05:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I can picture Mike Brown sitting in his box watching the game and saying "Look at the gams on that dame" before taking a satisfying bite of cottage cheese.

Reply/Quote
This is one of the funniest lines i've ever read on here.

Answering the statement that Preston Brown was also a tackling machine.

(08-31-2021, 09:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Brown was a freaking Scorpio who spread his mayo with a plastic spoon.

GP ain't about that

Reply/Quote
On Trae Waynes missing his 17th consecutive game after signing the big FA contract last year. 

(09-09-2021, 01:48 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Waynes has decided to work remotely from home.

*Note for those reading this decades from now...(Covid reference)

Reply/Quote
LOL!

Make sure you read the highlighted part correctly.  Hilarious

(09-21-2021, 01:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: TL/DR: McPherson is so great he can't be limited to one nickname. Or even 500. He's a ninja and a scientist. Ladies want to be him, and men want to be with him. Michael Jordan says McPherson is the "goat" of basketball. And football. And table tennis. Mike Brown kicked Denny off the golf cart for McPherson and drove right past Wendy's and got him a steak at Logan's.

Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Homer-Hall-of-Fame?pid=1098772#pid1098772

(11-12-2021, 02:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pfft. Denny couldn't ban me. You have to be at least 50% of the height of the person you're banning.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Sled said this footage would be better with Titanic music, and CardCounterChris did much better than just that. LOL

(11-29-2021, 03:17 AM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Your wish is my command:

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's been a while, so time for a playoff edition of "JN POST HOF".

(01-12-2022, 08:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is literally every Bengals fan over the age of 6.  I get it.

But remember, there are NO CURSES.  There are NO JINXES.  And most importantly, the guy that is controlling this offense has zero fear and only belief in himself and his team. 

Now, excuse me while I make sure the football on my reading area coffee stand points directly at the SOFI stadium, I drink from the black Bengals coffee mug (that is Wednesday), and I arrange the pillows on the sectional in the exact places they were during the 2nd half of the Chiefs game.  

Reply/Quote
PhilHos said:

Quote:To be fair, I don't think Zac expected Biden to take him seriously when he suggested Ogbuehi be put in charge of blocking the Taliban. Ninja

Quick Q, how do you quote a post from one thread, then bring the full quote (time/date/etc) details to another thread?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 08:22 PM)magikod Wrote: PhilHos said:

Quick Q, how do you quote a post from one thread, then bring the full quote (time/date/etc) details to another thread?

I just highlight the entire post (left click top left and drag to bottom right), right click copy then paste it into the body of the new post.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just highlight the entire post (left click top left and drag to bottom right), right click copy then paste it into the body of the new post.

I found it thanks +rep sir
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Twas the Night before Chiefs and all through the site

All board members were nervous on this uneasy night

The mods were relaxing with no thoughts of bans

As they rejoiced in the unity of the message board fans

Fred with his stats and Pally with her Twitter

All transgressions forgiven, even Carson the quiter

When all of the sudden what did appear

A thread from bfine for all to hear

Screw Mahomes, Kelce, and Edward-Hilaire

Screw the Cheetah, the Badger, cause we just don’t care

Mixon and Burrow are not your average Joe’s

Mixon with his runs and Burrow with his throws

Chase with the catches and Trey with the sacks

Crazy thoughts of Super Bowl quickly turn into Facts

As bfine closed his post I heard him say

A Who Dey to all and to all a Who Dey

Reply/Quote
In response to some dimwit Rams fan and his wacky posts. 

(02-09-2022, 08:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Rams fans be sipping wine with an extended pinky finger while eating stinky cheese at their tailgate parties and slinging purse boy smack about whilst deeming themselves hard nosed.

Lol that's freaking priceless.

Reply/Quote
Kevin with a gem. When he hits, he hits hard.

(04-16-2022, 02:22 AM)kevin Wrote: First, I didn't know the Browns added a sperm whale.  I don't know how a sperm whale is going to help the team, unless they are going to snap the ball on a sperm count.  So the Browns got a " sperm whale addition ".  See, to me the Browns gave up 3 years of #1 draft picks and The Browns lost on that one and Houston won on that trade.  To all you Browns Fans Trolls on here who have not been flushed down, you are floaters. 

Second, you say The Steelers  " are what we know ".   What the heck does that mean ?   The Steelers without Big Ben are in trouble.  Plus back-up Haskins just died.  Major problems for Steelers at Quarterback.  The Steelers Defense had major problems last season also. 

Third, the Ravens.  The Bengals beat the Ravens twice, once when they were at full strength.   

Fourth, you yell out, " FIX IT ".....The Bengals just went to The Super Bowl in February and this is only April.  Sounds like short term memory loss.  The Bengals biggest problem in the Super Bowl and the season is The O Line, which the Bengals went out in Free Agency and got 3 Veteran O Linemen who are suppose to be very good.  The Bengals already had Jonah Williams at Left Tackle.  The Bengals have 3 new Veterans at Center, Right Guard and Right Tackle, so the have FIXED the Right Side of the O Line.  

What you don't mention is The Bengals have the Best Defense in AFC North, The Best Quarterback, The Best Receivers, and one of the best Running Backs in the AFC North.  You don't mention the Bengals Kicker and Special Teams were the Best.  You don't mention the Bengals Coaching was the Best.  You don't mention the Bengals won the AFC North, beat the Raiders, beat the Titans, beat The Chiefs.  I want to point out that The Bengals beat the Steelers twice, beat the Ravens twice, beat the Raiders twice, beat The Chiefs twice.  The Bengals beat Mahomes and The Chiefs twice.   You don't mention that The Super Bowl was a close game.  The Bengals had the lead in the second half.  Cooper Kupp who had a great season, he won that game in the 4th quarter for The Rams.  So the Bengals lost a close one in the last seconds like in 1988 Super Bowl. 

I don't see The Bengals not addressing things.  They were active in Free Agency.  The Draft is coming up.  

So our Bengals went to The Super Bowl.  I admit the AFC North was tough.  The Bengals had to beat The Chiefs to win the AFC North, but they did it.  I know trolls of the Steelers, Browns and Ravens thought they would sneak in the back door, but The Bengals slammed the door in their face in January.  The best team won, because no way the Steelers, Browns or Ravens would have won the AFC and went to the Super Bowl.  

So the AFC CHAMP BENGALS are making moves to get even better.  So your Browns getting a " sperm whale ", doesn't impress me much.  Really, I think the Browns trading their #1 picks for 3 years is a boneheaded move. They watched Kevin Costner as GM of The Browns in Draft Day movie too many times.  Browns are going to live to regret trading away their future by trading away 3 years of #1 Draft Picks.  This is just the Browns changing quarterbacks again. The Browns have changed quarterbacks every year since they came back after Art Modell took the real Browns to Baltimore. The New Browns have changed quarterbacks more than any other team, averaging a new quarterback each season. It is no wonder that the Browns never get in stride or on path, they make way too many quarterback and coaching changes from Tim Couch on.  Their problem was not the quarterback, and they are going to regret trading 3 years of #1 Draft Picks for a " sperm whale " with many legal problems in court ahead of him, plus an NFL Suspension in front of him.  Houston won that trade, and Browns Trolls will find that out.  

So mythical Cleveland sperm whales aside, THE BENGALS are the best team in THE AFC.  Joe Burrow is the quarterback all NFL teams would love to have.  The Bengals had the best Defense in the AFC also, as they went Super Bowl.  So there is only one thing left to say.  GO BENGALS and......

Tiger Who Dey Clev Sux Balt Sux Pitt Sux Who Dey Tiger

Reply/Quote