Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 3.26 Average
*** JN POST HOF ***
If you see a post that made some great points, really knocked it out of the park or made you laugh, copy and paste it here.

The best way to make this look good (not cluttered) is...

1. Highlight and copy the post and user name of the post you like.
2. Paste it in your post.
3. Highlight the post and user name again (within your post)
4. Click the quote function.

Any duplicates or conversations within the thread will be deleted to keep it neat.

Nod to Rfaulk and BengalDude for the idea. Enjoy. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
In reference to Dalton playing worse than any QB in history (or something along those lines):

Quote:Ravage Wrote:
Akili Smith: "Hold my beer!"
David Klingler: "F you, hold my beer!"
JaMarcus Russell: "F you both, hold my purple drank!"
Ryan Leaf: "F all of you, hold my pill bottle!"
Johnny Manziel: "Look at all this beer, purple drank, and pills I've got...PAR-TAY!!!!!"
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
JumboTron in reference to the last play of the Texans Game, where Bodine got decleated by Watt:

"I saw that as Dalton having a chance to exact revenge on Bodine for being Bodine. But that's just me."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Leonard Leaps' "it's time we moved on from Fredtoast" thread.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Is-it-time-to-move-on-from-Fredtoast
Reply/Quote
In reference to Bengals battling illness thread

(09-20-2017, 07:07 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Bengalitis.  Can last anywhere from one week to 27 seasons.
It's a double WHAMMY, hitting both the FO and the shortcomings of some previous Bengals medical teams. 
Kudos.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I nominate this post.

Quote:What Bengals fan would actually stay a fan if that happens? Isn't it obvious that everyone became a fan because they love not winning playoff games? We should just rename the team to "The Cincinnati Masochists".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Going to add this one.

(09-28-2017, 07:57 PM)McC Wrote: Marvin has made a total mockery of the Law of Averages.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 06:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: ML: Welcome to Burger King, may I take your order?
Customer: Yeah, ummmm, what comes on a Jr Bacon Deluxe?
ML: Well, some good things, some bad things.
Customer: What are the good things? And the bad things?
ML: Don't worry. We'll work at it; make sure we execute better and fix our mistakes.
Customer: What the hell are you talking about?
ML: *claps hands* Let's go, let's go, let's go!
Customer: What?
ML: *Giggles*
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
From the "Mike Brown revealed (2009)" thread.

(09-30-2017, 05:25 AM)McC Wrote: The Brown family will never sell.  The team is their entitlement, the golden goose, the thing they never earned, a big toy to play with that can never lose money, no matter how badly they ever screw it up.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Quote:firstand10
Does anyone know what AJs Stats are against the Browns? My reason for asking is, since Dalton isn't exactly setting the world on fire, and they are 0-3 why not start AJ and see what he can do ? If he plays well enough to win or at least score maybe he can be the team spark!

Quote:grampahol

I'm not necessarily convinced that we need a global arsonist to beat the Browns..
Reply/Quote
Quote:WhoDeyLeisure
Any Bengal bars or fans in the Charlotte area? I know it's a long shot.

Quote:McC

I'm sure you're not the only glutton for punishment in the whole state. Look for the heart broken stare. It's a dead giveaway.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Bell stiff-arming Kirkpatrick into the earth's core was a riot.

Good stuff.

Ok, i embellished it. Ninja

Is that cheating?  Nervous

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:24 PM)Tomkat Wrote: [Image: TR46kC5.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
My prediction and post calling the disaster that was forthcoming with Ken Zampese after his FIRST game as coordinator. Has to be up there!

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Look-what-I-called-week-1-and-now-here-we-are-Zampese-better-figure-it-out?highlight=Zampese+better+figure+it+out
Reply/Quote
Since we're bringing up our own predictions...

Quote: 2/9/2017:

I just can't envision Ogbuehi not starting in 2017. Paul Alexander won't give up on his latest project that easily. That's what happens without accountability. PA is more worried about his ego and proving he can fix a turd than what's actually better for the sake of winning football games.

It's hard to imagine the line getting any better if guys like Og and Bodine are still a part of it. After seeing teams like Dallas, Atlanta and New England this year, the Bengals should take notes and make o-line a priority. Those teams were all excellent at running the football as well as pass blocking. Paul's lines have been none of the above.

Quote:2/21/2017:

Not trying to be a downer, but I have a bad feeling about the o-line. Ogbuehi looks like a bust in the making, Fisher is ok I guess. Zeitler is probably gone, and I'm starting to think Whit will seek a ring elsewhere. We could be looking at a Ogbuehi-Boling-Bodine-Westerman-Fisher line for 2017.

Quote:2/23/2017:

So a full blown rebuild of the o-line headed by Wolfgang and funded by Mike Brown?

Dalton is going to get the David Carr treatment this year.

It's fun to look back on some of the stuff people were saying in February and March. Many saw this coming.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 06:41 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: My prediction,
First quarter Andy Dalton is injured and out for the season.
Second quarter AJ Green is injured and out for the season.
Third quarter AJ McCarron is injured and out for the season.
Fourth quarter Vontaze Burfict gets ejected and is suspended for the rest of the season.

After the game
Adam Jones and Joe Mixon go out, get drunk and walk down the street punching women, get 5 years for Assult.
Geno Atkins trips on a reporters mic cord and gets concussed making him re-evaluate then retires.
Carlos Dunlap just leaves never to be seen again.
Bodine is seen in the weight room doing bench presses.
Ogbuhei and Fisher are seen practicing, knock each other out, fall into comas but the Bengals still start them and they don't give up even a QB Pressure the rest of the season and both get selected to the Pro Bowl.

(11-01-2017, 07:04 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I misspoke, Dunlap is seen walking the railroad tracks down at Union Terminal. He asks a Trainyard Worker, "Which track leads to Texas?" and is pointed to that track. Crazy as it sounds, he wearing his helmet, shoulder pads and jersey but no pants. He's walking away being heard as saying under his breath with a yell every so often, "15 sacks, 15 sacks...kill the quarterback...kill the mudder!" while punching into his hand.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 06:53 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: He doesn’t covet mediocrity, it’s profitability.  Business smart, yes.  Law smart, yes.

Football smart?  Turnip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Image: turnip_135327116_250.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 07:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here’s the difference between Mike Brown and the pope:  The pope pays his guards.

Zing! Right up MBs hooha.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Our next coach is whomever Mike passes first in the hall as he and Pete are on their way to Wendy's.  

LMAO LMAO
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Ran-Into-Marvin

Tuna on Rye
Reply/Quote