Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
JORDYN BROOKS-LB-Pick 33 in 2
This player could fall to us

Just watched his highlight footage with game announcers.
He busts his butt every play
He makes tackles sideline to sideline
He makes huge 3rd and 4th down stops
He makes tackles at linebacker area to DB area
He gets to players in backfield for losses.
He makes turnovers.
Announcers said he is a MACHINE
Announcers om his tackles saying, " Who Else, it is Brooks Again ".

If this Linebacker falls to Bengals at top of 2, He will bust his butt for the team and MAKE TACKLE after TACKLE.
A TACKLING MACHINE
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
He's a 1 or 2 down LB because he can't cover TEs or RBs on passing downs.

I wouldn't be devastated if we take him at 33, but I'd be disappointed.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He's a 1 or 2 down LB because he can't cover TEs or RBs on passing downs.

I wouldn't be devastated if we take him at 33, but I'd be disappointed.

But he can play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 or other defenses.  

The Man can flat out Tackle, and Bengals can't Tackle.  They need a LB that can Tackle and a GRINDER who busts his butt every play.

They can COACH UP his pass coverage, which is not that bad.  The man broke up some passes. 

Coach Up THE GRINDER who busts his butt every play making Tackles after Tackle, Sideline to Sideline. 

You will want this MACHINE in there on 3rd down. He is a BIG PLAY Maker on 3rd Down and 4th Down.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If they want this kid he can be picked in the 50s so a trade back needs to happen. At 33 nope. 3 down guy or bpa. He certainly not be bpa.

No falling at this pick for him. He’s not close to a first round prospect.

I like him but at pick 33 I’ll be really upset. Drew sample 2.0
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:05 PM)kevin Wrote: This player could fall to us

Just watched his highlight footage with game announcers.
He busts his butt every play
He makes tackles sideline to sideline
He makes huge 3rd and 4th down stops
He makes tackles at linebacker area to DB area
He gets to players in backfield for losses.
He makes turnovers.
Announcers said he is a MACHINE
Announcers om his tackles saying, " Who Else, it is Brooks Again ".

If this Linebacker falls to Bengals at top of 2, He will bust his butt for the team and MAKE TACKLE after TACKLE.
A TACKLING MACHINE

Fall to us? He’d be a reach at 33.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:29 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Fall to us?  He’d be a reach at 33.

I'm not so sure about that.  There's been a lot of talk on twitter from guys that I respect in the draft world about him.  One question a guy asked was who is a guy that could go in the top 10 in round 2 where we would all bel ike "huh"

Brooks was the answer.  A lot of people feel that he would be looked at in a much different light if this was a normal offseason.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not so sure about that.  There's been a lot of talk on twitter from guys that I respect in the draft world about him.  One question a guy asked was who is a guy that could go in the top 10 in round 2 where we would all bel ike "huh"

Brooks was the answer.  A lot of people feel that he would be looked at in a much different light if this was a normal offseason.  

I don’t think I’ve seen him in any top 50 rankings though

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not so sure about that.  There's been a lot of talk on twitter from guys that I respect in the draft world about him.  One question a guy asked was who is a guy that could go in the top 10 in round 2 where we would all bel ike "huh"

Literally everything can happen in the draft. But if the Bengals want Brooks they can trade back and still get him
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:17 PM)kevin Wrote: But he can play in a 3-4 or a 4-3 or other defenses.  

The Man can flat out Tackle, and Bengals can't Tackle.  They need a LB that can Tackle and a GRINDER who busts his butt every play.

They can COACH UP his pass coverage, which is not that bad.  The man broke up some passes. 

Coach Up THE GRINDER who busts his butt every play making Tackles after Tackle, Sideline to Sideline. 

You will want this MACHINE in there on 3rd down.  He is a BIG PLAY Maker on 3rd Down and 4th Down.

Brooks literally had 0 PBUs in 2019.
Only 1 in 2018.
Only 2 INTs in 4 years.

While he has chasing speed, he doesn't have good agility to cover in space, which is becoming more and more important.
He is a good tackler and displays good instincts when going after the ball carrier though.

Can you recall a LB coached by the Bengals in the past decade who was bad/raw in coverage that they have been able to coach into being good in coverage?
I can't.

I can understand Brooks being selected, but not until Rd 3 at the earliest IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I don’t think I’ve seen him in any top 50 rankings though

Some NFL Network staff have Mock Drafts of him going in First Round after Murray.  Queen is also one of their First Round LB's.  I think Queen or Brooks drops out of Round 1 because most teams not looking LB in Round 1. 

Watch his highlight footage.  Listen to game announcers. Brooks has something you can't coach or teach.  He busts his butt every play, sideline to sideline.  Bergey had that.  LeClair had that.  Krumrie at Nose Tackle had that making LB plays.  The Bears Singletary and Ravens Lewis had that every play look in their eyes.  You can't teach that.  Either somebody busts their butt making plays, or they don't.   

So this Brooks has the Work Ethic and Non Stop Motor on EVERY PLAY that is rare.  Plus he is a Tackling Machine.  If he played for Ohio State, many of you would be all for him.  He was BIG in those Texas and Oklahoma type games and Forrest Gregg loved good Texas players because that state takes no back seat to Ohio in football.  Forrest Gregg would love this Tackling Machine that will Bust his Butt for Bengals every single play.  You can NOT coach that.  He has heart, miles and miles of heart. Great Intensity. Great Tackler. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 02:11 PM)kevin Wrote: Some NFL Network staff have Mock Drafts of him going in First Round after Murray.  Queen is also one of their First Round LB's.  I think Queen or Brooks drops out of Round 1 because most teams not looking LB in Round 1. 

Watch his highlight footage.  Listen to game announcers. Brooks has something you can't coach or teach.  He busts his butt every play, sideline to sideline.  Bergey had that.  LeClair had that.  Krumrie at Nose Tackle had that making LB plays.  The Bears Singletary and Ravens Lewis had that every play look in their eyes.  You can't teach that.  Either somebody busts their butt making plays, or they don't.   

So this Brooks has the Work Ethic and Non Stop Motor on EVERY PLAY that is rare.  Plus he is a Tackling Machine.  If he played for Ohio State, many of you would be all for him.  He was BIG in those Texas and Oklahoma type games and Forrest Gregg loved good Texas players because that state takes no back seat to Ohio in football.  Forrest Gregg would love this Tackling Machine that will Bust his Butt for Bengals every single play.  You can NOT coach that.  He has heart, miles and miles of heart. Great Intensity. Great Tackler. 

I have yet to see 1 mock with him in rd 1.  He does not seemingly have the coverage skills or the pass rush ability that teams look for in a rd 1 lb.  the two down thumper is not drafted that high any more.  He may bust his butt on every play but if he's getting smoked by tight ends he doesn't really help much does he?

As I typed this I just Matt Miller release his final big board.  Brooks at 33, go figure
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 02:11 PM)kevin Wrote: Some NFL Network staff have Mock Drafts of him going in First Round after Murray.  Queen is also one of their First Round LB's.  I think Queen or Brooks drops out of Round 1 because most teams not looking LB in Round 1. 

Which? I just checked the NFL Network mocks and the only person who had Jordyn Brooks in Rd 1 was Peter Schrager.
Aside from Schrager, I haven't seen a single mock that has had Brooks in Rd 1.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 02:32 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I have yet to see 1 mock with him in rd 1.  He does not seemingly have the coverage skills or the pass rush ability that teams look for in a rd 1 lb.  the two down thumper is not drafted that high any more.  He may bust his butt on every play but if he's getting smoked by tight ends he doesn't really help much does he?

As I typed this I just Matt Miller release his final big board.  Brooks at 33, go figure

Brooks is basically a faster Rey Maualuga, but even less coverage ability.
I understand the appeal of a good tackler with instincts and the ability to chase down a ball carrier, but the ability to cover receivers is becoming more important nowadays, so Brooks' value is reduced.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 02:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Brooks is basically a faster Rey Maualuga, but even less coverage ability.
I understand the appeal of a good tackler with instincts and the ability to chase down a ball carrier, but the ability to cover receivers is becoming more important nowadays, so Brooks' value is reduced.

Plus a few scouts have said he's not the type of player to "run" or "lead" a defense. That's specifically what Lou is looking for
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I like Brooks but at 33 would be questionable. He's a thumper and a better tackler than what we've had in recent years, but he also has some limitations. I wouldnt mind him plugging gaps on early downs, but at 33 I just dont know. We could trade down and get him I bet. There are other LBs in the draft that are more appealing.
Reply/Quote
I watched his Oklahoma tape and his Baylor tape. Not worth a #33. If you want a LB, take Davis-Gaither or Logan Wilson at #65. Grab an OT or a WR at #33.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Willie Gay > Brooks
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:29 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Fall to us?  He’d be a reach at 33.

Exactly what I was thinking.  I would think him a reach in the top 100 picks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 03:40 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I watched his Oklahoma tape and his Baylor tape. Not worth a #33. If you want a LB, take Davis-Gaither or Logan Wilson at #65. Grab an OT or a WR at #33.

There is talk about Logan Wilson going in the first RD. Wouldn't be surprised if we draft him at 33. It's going to be a LB my guess is Queen.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Jordyn Brooks reminds me of David Long Jr from last years draft. I wouldnt hate him in stripes but definitely not at #33 and I'd say #65 is a bit of a reach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote