Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
JORDYN BROOKS-LB-Pick 33 in 2
(04-22-2020, 05:10 PM)J24 Wrote: There is talk about Logan Wilson going in the first RD. Wouldn't be surprised if we draft him at 33. It's going to be a LB my guess is Queen.

WOW!  You talked about somebody climbing!!!  I think Wilson in the first would be a reach, but this isn't the best LB class. He's one of the better ones. 

This is from McGinn's rankings of the LBs.

7. LOGAN WILSON, Wyoming (6-2, 238, 4.60, 3): Wilson is just the second player in the Cowboys’ history to be a three-time captain. “Really productive almost every game you put on,” one scout said. “He’s a good athlete, and he’s got prototypical NFL size. He’s got an ability to take on and use his hands. He sees the game pretty quickly.” That personnel man viewed Wilson as a starter with a chance to play every snap given pro experience. “He’s a sleeper almost, if you will,” said another scout. “He’s really good. He’s not a physical tackler, but he is tough, big and strong. He does enough of everything that matters.” He started 52 games, finishing with 421 tackles (35 for loss), seven sacks, 10 interceptions and 24 passes defensed. “Nice feel for the game,” said a third scout. “Can break down and make space tackles. Can run and cover ground.” Wilson posted a Wonderlic of 16 and is from Casper, Wyo.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He looks like digger and chin-big fish in a small pond.

Is he worth a 2nd? Is he too much of a risk since he looks too good to be true?

He looks like the total package, but can he translate all that to the nfl?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 06:13 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: WOW!  You talked about somebody climbing!!!  I think Wilson in the first would be a reach, but this isn't the best LB class. He's one of the better ones. 

7. LOGAN WILSON, Wyoming (6-2, 238, 4.60, 3): Wilson is just the second player in the Cowboys’ history to be a three-time captain. “Really productive almost every game you put on,” one scout said. “He’s a good athlete, and he’s got prototypical NFL size. He’s got an ability to take on and use his hands. He sees the game pretty quickly.” That personnel man viewed Wilson as a starter with a chance to play every snap given pro experience. “He’s a sleeper almost, if you will,” said another scout. “He’s really good. He’s not a physical tackler, but he is tough, big and strong. He does enough of everything that matters.” He started 52 games, finishing with 421 tackles (35 for loss), seven sacks, 10 interceptions and 24 passes defensed. “Nice feel for the game,” said a third scout. “Can break down and make space tackles. Can run and cover ground.” Wilson posted a Wonderlic of 16 and is from Casper, Wyo.

Being from such a small school like U-dub I don't expect Wilson to go that early.

Also that is a low wonderlic score, another reason I put no stock in it. Wilson plays smart.

Want Wilson in the 3rd or hopefully he drops to the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He's a 1 or 2 down LB because he can't cover TEs or RBs on passing downs.

I wouldn't be devastated if we take him at 33, but I'd be disappointed.

Same.
Reply/Quote
So we were last in the NFL at RUSH defense last year....about 148 yards per game.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 08:34 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So we were last in the NFL at RUSH defense last year....about 148 yards per game.

DJ Reader should really help with this. Want good tackling Linebackers but also want them to be somewhat good in coverage.

Not getting lost like Brooks does.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 06:13 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: WOW!  You talked about somebody climbing!!!  I think Wilson in the first would be a reach, but this isn't the best LB class. He's one of the better ones. 

Appearently teams are higher on him than the draft media.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 08:34 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So we were last in the NFL at RUSH defense last year....about 148 yards per game.

Our defense improved the last 7 games they were not perfect but a lot better than they were weeks 2-10.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 09:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Appearently teams are higher on him than the draft media.

If we don't take Wilson in the 3rd he will be gone. And it wouldn't shock me if Seattle takes him late in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:05 PM)kevin Wrote: This player could fall to us

Just watched his highlight footage with game announcers.  
He busts his butt every play
He makes tackles sideline to sideline
He makes huge 3rd and 4th down stops
He makes tackles at linebacker area to DB area
He gets to players in backfield for losses.
He makes turnovers.
Announcers said he is a MACHINE
Announcers om his tackles saying, " Who Else, it is Brooks Again ".

If this Linebacker falls to Bengals at top of 2,  He will bust his butt for the team and MAKE TACKLE after TACKLE.
A TACKLING MACHINE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PB4Nby2Ai-g
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He's a 1 or 2 down LB because he can't cover TEs or RBs on passing downs.

I wouldn't be devastated if we take him at 33, but I'd be disappointed.

hes not a liability in coverage.  He can be a 3 down middle linebacker.  He's my 2nd best overall linebacker.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If they want this kid he can be picked in the 50s so a trade back needs to happen. At 33 nope. 3 down guy or bpa. He certainly not be bpa.

No falling at this pick for him. He’s not close to a first round prospect.

I like him but at pick 33 I’ll be really upset. Drew sample 2.0

Park it right there. Two solid issues worth discussion.  

1.  33 should get you a leftover top 20 bpa with the normal reaches and need picks.  Brooks is not that player, other players have a better resume. 

2.  While we're greatful for the FA changes that we were wrong about, we had a right to be critical out the gate.  The Sample pick happened.  It's hard not to see how a one dimensional TE in an offense we were sold on not prioritizing TE was the best use with the other guys there.  

It screams targeting a lesser player and not being able to deal down or overvaluing the loss of Sample if he isn't there in the 3rd.  33 is a great opportunity, one where we can't have a Sample reboot.  Nothing against the man, prove us all wrong but hopefully it's a lesson they can learn from as they have in FA already.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:39 PM)Okeana Wrote: hes not a liability in coverage.  He can be a 3 down middle linebacker.  He's my 2nd best overall linebacker.

Then why do analysts and scouts write that he is completely unproven in pass coverage and wasn't asked to play on passing downs?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:39 PM)Okeana Wrote: hes not a liability in coverage.  He can be a 3 down middle linebacker.  He's my 2nd best overall linebacker.

Why? Brooks gets lost in coverage. You would have Brooks over Baun and Queen in coverage Okeana?

(04-22-2020, 11:04 PM)phil413 Wrote: Park it right there. Two solid issues worth discussion.  

1.  33 should get you a leftover top 20 bpa with the normal reaches and need picks.  Brooks is not that player, other players have a better resume. 

2.  While we're greatful for the FA changes that we were wrong about, we had a right to be critical out the gate.  The Sample pick happened.  It's hard not to see how a one dimensional TE in an offense we were sold on not prioritizing TE was the best use with the other guys there.  

It screams targeting a lesser player and not being able to deal down or overvaluing the loss of Sample if he isn't there in the 3rd.  33 is a great opportunity, one where we can't have a Sample reboot.  Nothing against the man, prove us all wrong but hopefully it's a lesson they can learn from as they have in FA already.  

I agree even if I think Sample can be a good pass catching TE with his good hands I just think all of us knew it was a 
reach at the time in the 2nd. We need to go BPA and a Linebacker that is not a 3 down Linebacker would be another 
reach like Brooks. I know we want to tackle better but we need versatility at the LB position.

(04-22-2020, 11:13 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Then why do analysts and scouts write that he is completely unproven in pass coverage and wasn't asked to play on passing downs?

Good question.
Reply/Quote