Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
JOhn Ross to KC
But not for this year, John Ross has signed a reserve/future deal with the Chiefs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Watch Andy Reid unlock him somehow
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 04:22 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Watch Andy Reid unlock him somehow

hmmm  I don't know if even Andy can 1) keep him healthy and 2) change the bricks at the end of the arms to hands that can catch 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 04:28 PM)pally Wrote: hmmm  I don't know if even Andy can 1) keep him healthy and 2) change the bricks at the end of the arms to hands that can catch 

Yeah, I was really wrong about this guy.
Reply/Quote

No. Not happening.

In 5 years in the league he started in as many games as chase did his roomier year, 21. The guy can’t stay healthy, and is just not very good.

His career stats: 62/957/11
Jamars stats this year (including missed games) -87/1046/9
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Nope. Other than Hill, they haven’t had above avg WRs in his time with KC. Even now, it’s just Kelsey and a little bit of contribution from the others. Nobody special. John Ross will stay John Ross and Andy Ried is no magician.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I was really wrong about this guy.

I think he could've succeeded if he went to a team that was 100% behind him from the get go. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Any Reid will unlock his full potential. You will never see anyone getting those Gatorade bottles out the the players faster than John Ross.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Should we start worrying now about the "John Ross 2023 Revenge Tour?"   If he starts whipping our asses next season, we'll need to plead with him: "Please, show us mercy!  It wasn't us, we loved you!  You're mad at Marvin."  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:21 AM)Synric Wrote: Any Reid will unlock his full potential. You will never see anyone getting those Gatorade bottles out the the players faster than John Ross.

I'm glad that you said it, because I was going to mention that he's been a disappointment everywhere he's played thus far, why should KC be any different?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

That sounds an awful lot like what Reds fan said the first couple times Billy Hamilton went somewhere else. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is creepy

In my Madden franchise Ross was on the Chiefs and had a crazy year due to injury and i ended up signing him back and now he’s amazing lol

He would be the definition of a late bloomer but i won’t say he’s done yet. He finds the right team and he could do well.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 09:21 PM)Housh Wrote: This is creepy

In my Madden franchise Ross was on the Chiefs and had a crazy year due to injury and i ended up signing him back and now he’s amazing lol

He would be the definition of a late bloomer but i won’t say he’s done yet. He finds the right team and he could do well.

I had something like that happen in NBA 2K back in the day. MyPlayer got drafted to GSW as a SG 3 point shooter. Curry replaced Monta Ellis (this was a long time ago, I think 2k11 lol) and then we were the splash bros before it happened. 

David Lee was also a beast in that game so he was a solid 3rd man. 
Reply/Quote

I like how the narrative on John Ross has gone from one where any coach who wasn't Marvin Lewis would have him playing great football, to one where Mahommes, Reed, and having an amazing o-line and a cadre of disatracting weapons around him COULD see him being successful.

(01-11-2023, 02:19 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think he could've succeeded if he went to a team that was 100% behind him from the get go. 

Maybe, but this isn't the sort of thing that is said about a guy picked in the top 10.  

(01-13-2023, 08:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That sounds an awful lot like what Reds fan said the first couple times Billy Hamilton went somewhere else. Lol

I'm not SURE of this, but there had to be a point where we were saying if we let Ross walk the Steelers would sign him and he'd go all HOF WR on us for the next decade.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 02:46 PM)pally Wrote: But not for this year, John Ross has signed a reserve/future deal with the Chiefs

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a more timid player in the NFL.
Reply/Quote

you cant unlock dumb
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 09:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe, but this isn't the sort of thing that is said about a guy picked in the top 10.  

I understand that. Ross is someone who would've benefited from a sports psychologist, but Marvin hated the pick. I feel like he was out to get Ross just to stick it to Duke.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 02:01 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I understand that. Ross is someone who would've benefited from a sports psychologist, but Marvin hated the pick. I feel like he was out to get Ross just to stick it to Duke.

Maybe...ZT wasn't exactly filibustering to keep the guy and he's come up short in every chance he's had to reboot his career since.  The notion that Marvin Lewis just completely stole this guy's football soul and threw a top 10 pick down the drain out of spite makes Marvin sound a lot more interesting than he really is.

I'm just glad we're a really good team now and the days of talking on here about how Burfict and Ross were going to go to Pittsburgh and turn into HOFers, or that every WR we had who wasn't AJ Green from Cody Core to Brandon LaFell was "getting in the way of Ross' development."
Reply/Quote