Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JR85 Mock
I am going with a more how I hope it plays approach instead of what I think is more likely with this mock draft. I really want a Defensive Tackle early and then to address Wide Receiver in the 2nd or 3rd. I know that we typically don't take DT's early so that is why this is more what I want to happen.

Round 1 - Andrew Billings - I love Andrew Billings as a fit for this team. He would step into our rotation right away and would be an upgrade over Peko when given the chance to start over him.

[Image: 460x.jpg]

Round 2 - Tyler Boyd - I really want Shepherd with this pick at Wide Receiver but I think he will be gone earlier in the 2nd before our selection comes up. Boyd is a good consolation prize. Didn't have the production as in the past this year but a lot of that can be attributed to poor QB play.

[Image: Tyler-Boyd-Pitt-GoPro-Helmet.jpg]

Round 3 - Jaylon Smith - Could this be a big risk? Of course it is, but we have the luxury of not rushing Smith into action and letting him heal. This is a guy with first overall pick potential. Let him heal and knowing he is a high character kid go ahead and take the risk here in the third. Risky but the reward is worth that risk.

[Image: jaylon-smith1-594x400.jpg]

Round 4 - Ryan Smith - This Cornerback isn't as well known as many of the other CB's since he comes from North Carolina Central but the talent is there. Watch him against Duke to see his talent against a better opponent than just small school competition.

[Image: 42ce53f83d8c0a0b920f6a706700a8c3.jpg]

Round 5 - Anthony Zettel - We have struck out so far on our last two Defensive End selections in Hunt and Clarke. Hopefully things click for one or both of them this year but just in case it makes since to snag another Defensive End to push them for a roster spot and playing time.

[Image: anthony-zettel-495x330.jpg]

Round 6 - Evan Boehm - Obviously I would have liked to fit an upgrade at Center a little earlier in the draft but I chose to go with the big potential return of taking Jaylon Smith and giving him a redshirt season. Boehm is someone that could develop and possibly potentially compete with Bodine which could only be a good thing. I know Bodine is young but if he doesn't show big improvement this season (being his 3rd) then it is time to think of replacements. Having another guy on the roster better than TJ Johnson at least provides a chance to see what you have beyond Bodine for a year.

[Image: Evan-Boehm-inside.jpg]

Round 7 - Trae Elston - Another position that could be addressed earlier is Safety but things just didn't work out that way with this mock but I know it will likely be different with the real thing. I am good with a top 3 of Iloka, Williams, and Smith though so adding a 4th Safety isn't the biggest priority for this team.

[Image: Trae+Elston+Mississippi+v+Georgia+f6rb1DJIsvyl.jpg]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Well not where I thought for Billings but top two guys ended up with us so I am thrilled
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote